Tried on the BEST trench coat today.

(15 Posts)
tethersend Wed 01-May-13 21:27:53

And it's only £189 <cries>

It's this one.

Great colour, lovely heavyweight fabric, good length, perfect fit.

Somebody buy it.

Unless there are any enablers out there...? <hopeful>

pocketandsweet Wed 01-May-13 21:35:01

Yummy. I'm broke though .

dexter73 Wed 01-May-13 21:37:10

Price per wear!

chartreuse Wed 01-May-13 21:41:13

Hang on for the sales? Only a few weeks away at this stage.

tethersend Wed 01-May-13 21:46:51

Loving your thinking, dexter... Do you really think it'll go in the sale, chartreuse? I'm not so sure...

chartreuse Wed 01-May-13 21:54:20

Maybe not.....you'd better buy it now then grin

nulgirl Wed 01-May-13 21:54:34

It is absolutely fabulous and is a really really flattering fit. I couldn't believe how much slimmer I looked in it. However I decided that it was too heavyweight for summer and so reluctantly bought the red one from Hobbs. The red one is much cheaper and lighter weight for summer but still a great fit/ quality.

I still covet the beige one though and am tempted to wait until its in the sale and keep hold of it as a Spring/ Autumn coat.

GettingObsessive Wed 01-May-13 22:01:59

Oooh. I may have a bonus coming shortly. But I am PG.

Can anyone tell me whether it looked good not buttoned and belted?

tethersend Wed 01-May-13 22:22:26

There's a pic of it unbuttoned and belted here, GettingObsessive...

NurseRatchet Wed 01-May-13 22:27:25

I've been coveting this is navy for aaaaaages sad

ClaudiaCutie Thu 02-May-13 10:05:30

Don't pay full retail from Hobbs! Wait! It'll go on sale. Hobbs have caught me out too many times when I've paid full price for something and the next day it goes on sale for 30% off. They put things on discount when there are tons of sizes left too. It's not like they start discounting when they've got one size 6 and one size 18 left in stock.

I've got to the point when I try something on in Hobbs, if I like it, I take a photo of the label so I know the size and style, and wait for it to come on sale. Then I buy it online and get it delivered to the store so I don't have to pay delivery.

If you subscribe to their email updates you'll get notification of when it's going on sale, so you can swoop then.

Great macks at Hobbs BTW, I've got several in various colours, they are fab.

ToomuchIsBackOnBootcamp Thu 02-May-13 10:12:05

Looks really nice, I bought my winter coat from Hobbs, first purchase ever from them, and it has been great, very flattering. May need to put this on my list .... I am large of norkage and don't usually go for double breasted, has anyone with e+ boobs tried this for fit? TIA.

paintyourbox Thu 02-May-13 10:19:44

It's called Saskia!

That's DDs name, clearly a sign I should buy it...

stares at Mango trench in wardrobe

Freshasa Thu 02-May-13 20:08:17

I ordered it from John Lewis when they were doing 20 percent off. It is beautifully made, and I ummed and arred trying to convince myself that it suited me. But it didn't I'm afraid, not enough for £159 anyway, so I sent it back. I'm 34E and size 14, and for me there was just a bit too much material flapping around when it was unbuttoned. It looked good belted, but the belt is really long and I when I tied it at out of the way at the back, it just stuck out all wrong. But don't let me put you off, it just wasn't for me. I might persuade myself to like it again though if it goes on sale!

herecomesthsun Thu 02-May-13 20:15:19

Ihave this and it is wonderful, half price here, comes up a tad small

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now