Silverstar2 Wed 01-May-13 15:16:24

hello and welcome!

KatyMac Fri 10-May-13 16:57:21

My new bras arrived & will be going back

32FF - way way too small in the cup
32G - too small in the cup & the wires don't go near my skin
32GG - cup size getting there but wires about 1 inch off me

32 is tight enough that it twinges when I breath in

I also got a 32K (in an Ellie because it was pretty and the only one in stock) and it was way, way, way too bi in the cup

so back to the drawing board

SorrelForbes Fri 10-May-13 17:47:46

Hmmm, sounds to me like you need to be trying 32H, 32HH, 32J and 32JJ. It's frustrating but once you get it right (and unfortuantely you'll need to repeat for each new style) you'll really notice the difference.

KatyMac Fri 10-May-13 17:58:47

How, umm, exciting

sad

SorrelForbes Fri 10-May-13 18:21:55

Well, um, not exciting I guess bra bore

KatyMac Fri 10-May-13 18:48:41

& I guess no sooner do I find a style that fits and they discontinue it€ wink

I wish I was a 34c or at least a size that doesn't need to be canterlever and build by Camel Lairds out of industrial girders

SorrelForbes Fri 10-May-13 20:27:44

KatyMac Hey, I feel your pain! My DSis loves the Bravissimo Tanzania but can't get it in her size anymore.

KatyMac Fri 10-May-13 21:12:06

At least I'm not alone smile

pseudonymity Sat 11-May-13 07:58:59

Hi ladies, after your advice I tried on bras and ended up getting a Freya Deco in 30E. It gives me great shape under clothes, the only thing is it digs in at the front of my chest and leaves terrible red marks from the wires at the front (not under the armpit though. Is it too small in the back, or just the wrong bra for me? The cups are defo the right size.

Quite possibly just wrong bra - Moulded bras are tricky anyway but sometimes even though a bra is the right size it just doesn't work on you. It depends on the shape of your ribcage too and how far apart your breasts are. I get quite bad marks from anything plunging because the wires at the front are much shorter and all the pressure is on a very small area.

Hedwig06 Sat 11-May-13 08:21:49

Morning,

I have tried the 34GG/H after advice from you all, but they fit in the cup, sit lovely at the back, but dig in under my arms? With a 34G, I have 4 boobs, and a 32 back in any, (G/GG/H) I can't breath.

Any ideas what to try next please?

My measurements were bending forward: 32/33 underneath and 43 over smile

TooExtraImmatureCheddar Sat 11-May-13 08:34:40

What does it mean if the cup is both too big and too small? As background, a 30GG Bravissimo Satine is just slightly too small in the cups but v comfy everywhere else, plus gives great oomph. So I ordered a 28HH Curvy Kate Princess bra, going on the advice here that Curvy Kate usually comes up big in the band and small in the cup. When it came, the band is, I think, just too small. The wires lie flat, but the cup is too baggy and wrinkly around my boob, but still cuts in across the top so I have quadboob. confused. I had the same thing in a 28HH Bravissimo Daisy Chain. Also, the Curvy Kate bra straps seem v wide and felt like they'd rub. Advice please!

KatyMac Sat 11-May-13 08:40:45

I am going wearing my best fitting bra 34FF; it fits under the arms, I'm all in the cup and the wires touch me. But the back rides up

The 30J I tried on again this morning & I couldn't even do it up back to front - there is just too much of me

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 09:14:58

Katy. I definitely think that a 32 in the cups suggested above should work for you. Keep at it! grin

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 09:17:57

Hedwig. What were the cups like on the 32G,GG and H? How did the band on the 32 feel back to front? It may be that you need to go up to an HH or bigger. However, some 34s may be fine too depending on style and make. It's all trial and error, sadly.

The digging in suggests a style and/or cup size issue. Have you scooped?

KatyMac Sat 11-May-13 11:00:37

32HH in Daisychain, which is quite 'old lady' imo & the only one in the the shop that fitted.

& they only had it white

Hedwig06 Sat 11-May-13 11:15:18

Sorrel Yes I scooped and the cups felt fine in the 32 back although it was the GG/H which felt fine even in the 32 back the G cup was too small.

The wires seem to come up too far in the 34 GG/H as they are right up in my arm pit.

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 11:35:35

Katy. I bang on about the Cleo Juna but its such a comfy yet attractive bra. Have you tried it?

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 11:38:02

Hedwig. I'd stick with the 32 bands for now but try bigger cups. Scary I know grin

TooExtra, I'm wondering if you have breasts which are quite full on the top? If that's the case then bras which have a more open constraction at the top (plunges like the Satine and also bras like the Curvy Kate Tease Me and most Ewa Michalaks will suits you better. You might also like the Cleo Juna. I have this issue sometimes as I am slightly top heavy in terms of breast shape so can have space and quadboob simultaneously.

It can also be that the bra is the wrong shape for your boobs- imagine putting an orange in a glass - space in some places but sticking out the top

KatyMac Sat 11-May-13 13:28:22

What size should I try the Juna in?

Silverstar2 Sat 11-May-13 13:43:38

Hello ladies. I thought I had it more or less sorted - think I posted before about the Pour Moi? St Tropez full cup - the 32H seems a great fit. BUT just been out shopping with my daughter and I caught sight of myself in a changing room mirror and OH MY GOD the back fat is terrible!

But I have scooped, and really don't think I need a bigger cup OR smaller back - I measure 35/46, and all other bras I have to have a 34 - my Juna/Darcey is 34G and GG.

Do I just have to live with the issue? No matter how mush I scoop there it is - all lumpy.

SorrelForbes Sat 11-May-13 16:53:45

Katy. I think you'll need to try a range, maybe 32GG, H etc.

I thought downsizing to a 34F from a 36E would solve my issues but it seems I need to downsize again. 3 washes later and I can do up my 34 backs on the tightest hooks no problem. I really wasn't expecting this so am going to go and try on some 32G and see if it solves my probloem

It's tricky Silverstar. I manage to scoop most of my backfat but I do still have some and in my case, some of it is just plain fat cos it's not like that when I am a bit slimmer. So the right bra makes it as good as it can be but it's not perfect because I'm kinda podgy!

OneLittleLady - some brands really are super stretchy and I've invested in an extender for this reason. Those which I know to be stretchy - Curvy Kate I am looking at you - I will probably downsize in next time.

sparkle12mar08 Sat 11-May-13 18:01:39

Curvy Kate padded ranges are sooo bad for stretching. I measure 31.5 underneath yet wear a 28 in padded CK's! I've told this story before but some of the CK Smoothies I trialled had a massive 8 inch stretch by hand from their laid out flat to pulled as hard as I could measurements shock Oddly enough though I find their normal unpadded ones very true to size, and wear a 30 in those on the loosest hook, and they don't seem to give anywhere near as much.

This thread is not accepting new messages.