NEW BRA THREAD HERE!

(1001 Posts)
Silverstar2 Wed 01-May-13 15:16:24

hello and welcome!

The Wonderbra runs small in the back - I have the ultimate strapless in a 32G and it actually fits ok despite me being a 30HH in reality. I reckon a 32GG would probably be perfect. For those of us in big norkville it's much better than the alternatives but sizing is uber weird.

I think you probably do need a 30D, maybe with the odd 30/32C depending in style and brand. Cleavage is a style issue rather than size. I used to get cleavage in everything, but now it's something I pick and choose according to outfit. You need a bra which is plunge or push up to get cleavage - the gossard superboost, wonderbra everyday t shirt, freya deco, curvy kate tempt me/elegance/wild are all worth trying. There will be others too but these spring to mind. The Bravissimo Satine is nice and runs small in the cup so may want to try the 30DD in it.

MyDaydream Sat 13-Jul-13 17:33:46

I need help! My boobs have changed size again now I've reduced breast feeding and I've moved away from my usual bra lady and can't get back to her. I tried another independent in my new town who had the real bra size sticker in the window thinking she'd be okay, but she measured me at 38C! My current bra, which is a bit big in the back and too small in the cup is 34FF.
I've measured myself as we'll as I could and I'm 32" under bust and 39" when I do the leany forward thing around my boobs. What size should I be going for?
I desperately need a strapless for next weekend so I'm going to read back over what your saying about that. But at the minute I can only afford one extra bra unless you can point me in the direction of an amazing sale. I can also only go online, after using my only child free day going to get sized earlier.

OK, based on measurements that would be around a 32F however that doesn't tie in with your current bra so I think you are someone who probably needs a bigger cup size than the tape measure says. In a 32, you would want to try a 32GG to be one cup size up from your current bra. So try that to start.

Strapless - try the wonderbra ultimate. It runs big in the cup and small in the back so try both the 32G and the 34FF and maybe 34G.

Amazing bra places - amazon (honestly!), debenhams sale, brastop, mycurvesandme, ebay, leia outlet section

MartyrStewart Sat 13-Jul-13 18:05:07

Just marking place as I will definitely be needing your help smile

cjbk1 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:05:42

thank you I did suggest Freya to the John Lewis 2nd last bad experience lady but the ones she brought were not flattering then she gave up.....
I'll cance/refund the Fabled Bra Shop ones and order that exact bravissimo bra...I just like cleavage with dresses and when I get undressed its a faint reminder of my old body sad
X

cjbk1 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:06:02

*cancel

At least you knew enough from these threads to know her advice was bollocks. I had a similar experience when I mystery shopped M&S in that the woman was so confident in what she was saying (and also pointed out my backfat, rude moose) that if I hadn't known better I would easily have been convinced.

Cleavage bras are awesome under the right dresses- if it's a v neck it's a cleavage bra here too.

SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Jul-13 18:15:29

I need some new bras urgently but my size has changed a lot.

My drawer is full of 34B from pre-pregnancy. One 10mo breast fed baby and quite a few stone pounds later I need to ditch the nursing bras I've grown to hate.

I am planning to lose weight (and have actually made good start, but still some way to go) so I'm exercising like crazy but can't wait to buy a new bra. I don't want to spend a lot on one though.

My 34B bras are agonisingly tight and just about cover my nipples.

I measured myself using the guide at 37 under and 45 over. So does that really mean a 36/38E?? If so where is the best place for a cheap "tide me over" bra in this size?

cjbk1 Sat 13-Jul-13 18:17:22

wink
X

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 13-Jul-13 18:23:22

Thanks Stat I am now planning a payday shopping trip to Bravissimo smile

Saltyseabird based on your measurements you are most likely a 36FF or 36G, but you could also try a 38F/FF. For cheapish bras, try brastop, leia lingerie (outlet section), mycurvesandme, amazon(honest - free returns too, look for brand like freya, curvy kate, cleo and panache), debenhams sale (gorgeous range is small so go for 38 in that)

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Jul-13 18:34:09

SaltySeaBird I hope you're sitting down! Try a 36G/36FF (if you're still losing weight there's probably not too much point buying an 38s).

Copied from Stats upthread:
amazon (honestly!), debenhams sale, brastop, mycurvesandme, ebay, leia outlet section

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Jul-13 18:34:50

That psychic bra elastic is at work again!

It's damn good isn't it!

SorrelForbes Sat 13-Jul-13 18:37:46

Stretches all the way from Edinburgh to Plymouth grin

SaltySeaBird Sat 13-Jul-13 19:06:22

Wow, okay that is a big, big difference. I'm off to do some online shopping and will report back!

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh Wed 17-Jul-13 16:03:45

Can i still post on here? Anyone around?
Thanks for wonderful sizing advice, got myself some lovely fitting bras. Gone from 34d to 30e/32dd. smile
Just a quick question, when I lie down my bra seems a bit emptier- is this normal or wrong size? Standing up it is full and perfect fit (or is it??!!).
Can you help?

SorrelForbes Wed 17-Jul-13 16:23:49

Hello! Great news and yes, totally normal!

Doearwigsmakechutney Wed 17-Jul-13 20:08:46

Yet another mumsnet revelation for me here today...

Did my measurements and thought I was 30f. Ordered a couple of bras online, which didn't fit (wonderbra has a tiny back) so went to bravissimo today.

I am a 28g!! shock Norks have never looked so amazing.

I've been in nursing/maternity bras for ages, so haven't been sure of my size for a while. Pre-DCs I was in 34c, during feeding, 36d.

But my god, the small back plus big cup is a revelation. Thanks all! gringrin

msshapelybottom Wed 17-Jul-13 20:13:42

Just wanted to add my eternal gratitude! Since I had my intervention I've gone from 32c to 30FF grin and my god, it's so good to wear a bra that actually feels comfy once you get used to the different positioning of the wires & cups.

Amazing!!

bottersnike Wed 17-Jul-13 20:13:59

After a fantastically comfortable day in my new 32D (woo!) bra, I have been looking at some of the styles that you lovely ladies recommended.
I love lots of the designs on the Leia site, and it helps that they have a good sale on at the moment. Many of the Bravissimo ones only seem to start from a DD, so that counts many of them out, unfortunately.
Before I order a collection to try on at home, am I (as a D with it all at the bottom of the cup, as it were) better trying a balcony style or a half cup? The full cup ones look far too big and the plunge ones look like I'd get a gap at the top.
Dh has heard a lot about breasts in the last 48 hours, poor man smile

Hello Gurus, can I have some advice please? I have measured myself as 35 under the boob and 41 on the lean, which I think makes me a 34E?

B coincidence, this is the size of a bra I bought at Christmas time after being measured in M&S. It was so uncomfortable it got flung to the back of my underwear drawer and ignored until now.

So, I just tried it on again and while it is not uncomfortably tight, it is having a weird wrinkling effect on the skin at the top of my breasts as if it is pulling the skin northward. Also, I have criminal armpit overhang.

Any ideas? I could try lowering the straps maybe?

On the bright side, I have an impressive bust line in it grin

Have you tried putting it on back to front to check the band size? Need to get that right before sorting cup

agree with rubber but I suspect that it is small in the cup. m and s quality control leaves a lot to be desired. I would try others brands with a 34f and maybe ff

EduCated Thu 18-Jul-13 14:20:46

Just found this, and worked myself out at a 30FF shock Bit different to the 34C I'm wearing.

No wI just need to get to a shop to try it out!

This thread is not accepting new messages.