NEW BRA THREAD HERE!

(1001 Posts)
Silverstar2 Wed 01-May-13 15:16:24

hello and welcome!

JustLikeHeaven Sat 15-Jun-13 21:21:17

Jesus wept!!!!!! thought i was 36 D . . . . measured as advised and am 32FF. bloody hell. tried on a bra today and it fit like a glove. . . well the cup did . . . i think the band was a little too tight. kind of depressing having such huge knockers. I Want my perky ones back. thanks.

Just, are you sure the back was actually too tight and didn't just feel strange after a 36?

JustLikeHeaven Sat 15-Jun-13 21:36:22

maybe you are right. . . might try a different brand next time. i can't believe how the cups fit perfectly. its just a revelation.

maxmissie Sun 16-Jun-13 22:29:41

Just another update - new Freya bra now fitting fine under the arms and around the band and not digging in - think it was just because it was brand new.

natashasimpson Mon 17-Jun-13 06:33:48

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

OhWouldYouJust Mon 17-Jun-13 13:35:41

Update...went back to bravissimo this morning and I was refitted, am now comfortably in a 36E Freya moulded cup bra. grin Tried on some beautiful Panache ones too and was highly surprised to see I don't need padded bras for a cracking shape!!!

Statistically - thank you so much for your help!!! thanks

Cocochops Mon 17-Jun-13 15:38:52

Statistically I need to get some nursing bras are there any you recommend? I measure 28.5 under bust and 35 leaning forward. I want to order online but don't want to order too many different sizes. I am small framed so don't have much padding. What sizes shall I try?

Are you already nursing, or currently pregnant?

Cocochops Mon 17-Jun-13 17:10:26

Already nursing - wearing ill fitting bras from last time round

Just wanted to check as very different answers! Based on your measurements I'd start with a 28F but you will need to try sizes around it too. Unfortunately most nursing bras aren't wired so wont give you the best shape in the world. There are some wired ones - made by Anita (don't do a 28 I don't think) and Ewa Michalak (polish company, online only)

Bravissimo sell a few non-wired - the Panache Sophie is quite popular I think

Hi all. Sorry to barge in without reading the entire thread, but I have measured myself as the link at the start of the thread says.

At the mo I am wearing a 42E. The band is fine. But the cups seem too big.

Yet, when I measured, my back is 43" and around the bust is 54". That reads as a 42 or 44 H.

If my cups are too big in an E how can I need a 42H?

confused

sparkle12mar08 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:37:34

Something's not right I agree. Can you describe exactly what you mean and what is happening, when you say the current E's are too big? And how does the band feel - can you pull it away from the body etc.

Yeah I can pull it away a bit. But the wires at the front arent sitting against my torso. The cups at the top of my boobs are gapey, they dont fit round into my armpit like they should though.

it sounds like the cups are quite a bit too small so aren't sitting where then need to. Also, if the back isn't tight enough then what happens is that the cups kind of fall forward - creating gaping.

Now - are you sure the band is ok. It's very common for slightly larges ladies to need a smaller band than they measure - the longer length of the band means that it stretches more and it needs to be firmer to grip enough. If the cups are too small and it currently feels ok in the back it's probably too big as the cups will be stealing fabric. Try putting it on back to front and see how the back feels when you isolate it from the cups.

WineNot Mon 17-Jun-13 22:07:18

Can someone confirm for me please... I was advised to try a 32H which fits like a glove with the exception it's just too tight.... I have to take it off early evening.

So, I should try a 34GG... Yes?

Thank you smile

WineNot Mon 17-Jun-13 22:09:43

Ooh, and would anyone like a 32H bra? Happy to give it away! Worn just a few times but maybe good to confirm your own size rather than buying one?

Yes, 34GG should pretty much be ok. If it feels too loose, stick with the 32H and buy a back extender to use until its stretched a bit.

WineNot Tue 18-Jun-13 07:55:09

Thank you smile

Cocochops Tue 18-Jun-13 08:54:24

Thanks I have orders the Sophie in a few different sizes. It is frustrating there is not much choice in the smaller back sizes especially 28.

ChunkyChicken Tue 18-Jun-13 09:53:48

cocochops I found the Sophie a bit stretchy in the back, so found a 28 better despite being a 30. You might find it problematic too unfortunately. I've given up on nursing bras because they just don't do enough styles or sizes (I'm 30G). It's frustrating. I may convert some normal bras or just pop my boob over the top smile

Success!! The Ewa Michalak bras I ordered arrived & fit. I tried the S wisniowka & SM trefl as you recommended statistically and they're great. I was expecting them to be far to big in the 30G as the Freya untamed was massive. However, they fit beautifully. The S gives a wonderful cleavage grin and the SM is very snug in the band, so it will be a while before that stretches out!! I'm just glad that on initial inspection I won't have to spend money sending them back wink

Lambzig Tue 18-Jun-13 10:01:30

I just wondered if I could ask about brands. At the moment, having recently been intervened, I am wearing Freya bras. 30FF in Freya seem to fit me very well, with the exception of Freya Pixie where I had to go to a 32F. I want to order some Fantasie bras, do any of you experts know if I would be likely to be the same size? Thanks, just trying to avoid having to order lots of sizes.

Hi, I had some fab advice a few months ago from one of these threads and ended up wearing bra's that actually fit! I've lost quite a bit of weight since then though, I've just measured and I can't remember how to work it out. I'm measuring 41 under, 47 around the bust, if anyone could help?

I'm so glad to see these threads are still running by the way!

Yey ChunkyChicken. I am a fan of both of those bras. Just a warning - both seem to stretch quite a bit when wearing so if you are like me and wear bras for a couple of days you might find they start feeling looser however they bounce back incredibly well when washed - better than any bra I have tried.

headfirstfforhalos what size are you wearing just now? In theory, around a 40F but it would be useful to know what you are wearing and how it fits as you might need a smaller back size than that. Congrats on the weight loss!

40 FF and the band is still too loose on it's tightest hooks. I don't know if maybe that's because the cup is too loose? I think when I got them I was 43/44 under and I tried both 40 and 42 bands, the 40 fitted nicely.

So I should probably try 38F?

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I will be back in another few months after more weight loss grin

This thread is not accepting new messages.