NEW BRA THREAD HERE!

(1001 Posts)
Silverstar2 Wed 01-May-13 15:16:24

hello and welcome!

Bessie123 Sun 19-May-13 22:16:04

Hmm, I don't know that I scooped vigorously but the cup seemed big across the tops of my boobs. I think I will try again in the morning. Thanks for the help.

SorrelForbes Sun 19-May-13 22:19:58

Bessie123 It could be a style issue. I have a couple of bras which are a little empty right at the top of the cup. The next size down though gave me quadraboob!

It is quite possible it is a bit big - as someone who has lost (and gained...and lost...and gained...) fair amounts of weight I find that when I have just lost weight my boobs can be a bit soft for a while. It generally sorts itself out, but it could easily mean you measure a bigger cup than you need. Once the back is right the cup comes relatively easily.

pigleychez Sun 19-May-13 22:27:24

Thanks for the link.

So....
my measurements are 32.5 and 40.5 So i'd need 32D? Is that right? what about the .5? Would I need an E maybe? Is it just a case of try and see? Currently wearing a 36C!

Where's good places to buy bra's from?

Sorry for lots of questions... If I can get good boobs I would be a very happy lady smile

32.5 and 40.5 would be roughly a 32FF

pigleychez Sun 19-May-13 22:46:36

Ahhh, Silly me was counting in 2's! 32, 34, 36 etc! blush

Blimey! Really that big! shock

OohMrDarcy Sun 19-May-13 22:49:45

Signing in for my intervention please!smile

Have been wearing a 40 DD

Just measured as 39 / 46 which in my head translates to a.... 38F?! Which sounds more like my pregnancy bra size, but still! I am quite saggy of breast, is there any particular style good to help with this?! Need to get searching and see what I can find

I'd start with a 38F or FF and work from there. In terms of good uplift it depends a lot on your breast shape. I like the Bravissimo own brand bras for uplift.

OohMrDarcy Sun 19-May-13 23:02:59

Thanks - looking forward to finding the right results!

So does it mean... if I've read right that most of the support is from the back, that I shouldn't be worrying about the straps too much?! Breast tissue feels heavy so have always gone for thick straps etc

I personally don't like particularly thin straps - whilst the majority of the support comes from the back the straps are still needed to hold the cups in place. And for me - if the back takes about 70% of the weight, 30% of my norks is still heavy!

Tallyra Sun 19-May-13 23:12:44

can I get a check please on this measurement? I've always thought I was a 36A, recently grown to a B, which as been somewhat comfortable if a little slip-outy. then u was told to try a 34C, which was incredibly tight and painful under the arms and the wires. I have just done the measurements and come up with 34 and 38.5. Does this seriously mean I could be a dd or ee? I can't believe that! shock

CelticPromise Sun 19-May-13 23:26:20

Yes 34D or DD Tally. The C would feel tight because the cup is too small. Try a DD and scoop vigorously! Don't be afraid to go up.

Tallyra Sun 19-May-13 23:31:13

blooming heck! I'll have a look for some this week then!

SorrelForbes Mon 20-May-13 22:11:48

StatisticallyChallenged My Wonderbra in a 32G arrived today. Hmmm, I'm not sure. It certainly fits much better than the 30G but the back feels quite big (as if it's going to slip down all the time) and there is a little bulge under the arm which won't go into the cup as the cups aren't actually the correct shape for my boobs (does that make any sense at all?)

It's comfy though so I think I'll keep it as a) it was in the sale and b) it's probably wise to have a strapless bra in the drawer just in case.

How much lift do you get from yours? Mine doesn't seem to actually do anything at all. My boobs don't move position at all when the bra's on. Maybe I should return it...

Hmmm. Mine is odd - it feels like it could slip down. And it doesn't feel like it's doing anything. I also have to position myself in it well - scooping and positioning is a bit different to a normal underwired - it's more a case of looking in the mirror and manouvering them in to a nice, cleavagey position. And yet...it just doesn't actually move once it's there. Once I am in and positioned it stays absolutely where it is - as do my norks (I've been clubbing in mine!)

It feels so incredibly different to a normal underwire that it's disconcerting. It doesn't have the firmness immediately under the boobs that we're used to.

Oh just a thought - are you sure you are putting it on high enough up your body? I made that mistake the first time I tried it.

SorrelForbes Mon 20-May-13 23:13:35

Well, I hoiked it up but then remembered you saying it fitted slightly lower than a normal bra so left it where it was. I shall re-try tomorrow. TBH, I bought it to wear under a costume but having now seen the costume I don't think there's going to be room for me let alone a bra (help).

found you! OK, done my measurements and my back is 28.5, "cup" measurement 35...28FF??!

Am off bra shoping next week as to be honest I'm an utterly different size and shape now I'm 8months finished BF DC2 and have lost weight and toned up recently BUT I live in the US...anyone have any pointers of how to find accurate conversion of sizes from UK to US?

around a 28f in UK sizing. my understanding is that more unusual sizes I.e larger cups or smaller backs are hard to get in the USA and most people who wear those sizes are actually buying UK brands. I believe nordstrom is the best place to start although their fitting is hit and miss.

your size from us brands will depend on which cup sizes that company offers as I don't think it's standardised. you would stay with a 28 back but be looking for the 7th cup size they offer starting from A.

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 22-May-13 10:04:15

I have just found this from another thread.

I have spent my life wearing 34 or 36 B or C and I have just measured myself, 31 under the bust and 37 over. So accordingly I would be a 30E or 32DD? Have I got that right? That sounds both bloody tiny and humongously huge at the same time. grin

yup-start by trying a 30e and f and a 32 dd and e

SorrelForbes Wed 22-May-13 10:12:36

GetOrfMoiLand Try a 30E, 30F, 32E and a 32DD. I suspect the 30F will be your friend grin

sparkle12mar08 Wed 22-May-13 10:12:58

Try 30E & F or 32DD & E. I think you'll need the bigger cup in the 30 because your underbust is slap bang in the middle size-wise, whereas you might get away with the smaller cup in the 32 but I suspect the band will be too loose overall.

sparkle12mar08 Wed 22-May-13 10:13:19

Snap Sorrel!

SorrelForbes Wed 22-May-13 10:13:50

ooh, multi-x threads grin. Morning all, here's to another day of bra bossiness help

This thread is not accepting new messages.