Help please with dreadful hair on holiday

(62 Posts)
Purpleknickers Wed 01-May-13 08:53:37

I have what can only be described as dreadful hair. It is thick and very naturally wavy.

Even my hairdresser admits it's difficult. For every day wear I blow dry it as straight as possible and then straighten it further with GHD's , It is shoulder length.

My biggest problem is what to do with it on holiday. I cant bear to stick a baseball cap on as I get too hot. If I go in the pool and then leave it to dry naturally it is just a frizzy mess ( think brillo pad). Sadly I do not have petite facial features so scraping it back is not a good look. sad

The other issue is having to wash it every night on holiday and then spend nearly an hour blow drying etc is such a chore.

Does anyone else have similar hair? And if so what do you do ?

lessemin Mon 20-May-13 17:00:15

I bought some Keratin spray in Majorca last year in desperation and it is fantastic for frizzy hair it even worked after swimming!

You can get here I have seen it in my hairdressers.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Mon 20-May-13 17:14:27

link? brand name? sounds good

lessemin Mon 20-May-13 17:26:53

Sorry don't know how to do links but you can google Keratin spray and lots come up. It is really good tho'.

The one I bought was in a spanish supermarket and only about 5euro.

lessemin Mon 20-May-13 17:29:13

I think it must be the secret of the spanish women who all seem to have perfect smooth hair in all that humidity!

kelda Mon 20-May-13 17:34:45

Hairdressers always complain about thick hair. I think because it means that they have more work to dowink

But I bet your hair looks far better then you think. Thick and wavy sounds beautiful.

Agree about the oil.

And wash your hair less. I wash mine about every six days, otherwise it just goes too frizzy.

Blow drying it and straightening it will only make it drier and more damaged. I towel dry my hair.

janmoomoo Tue 21-May-13 13:06:57

I have your hair and the Brazillian straightening stuff from amazon previously linked to has been an absolute god send. Seriously it is the business. No messing with products. My hair isnt dead straight but it is NOT FRIZZY which is what I was after. It will dry naturally with a little kink and waviness but not Brian May hair. Last time I went on hols I did it a few weeks before and it was bliss. There are loads of other threads about it on here if you want more info.

Purpleknickers Tue 21-May-13 14:26:56

Janmoomoo did it have any effect on the colour of your hair at all? I have mine coloured and I was worried that it would fade it

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 22-May-13 08:56:17

it did not have any effect on my colour, just made it all soft and shiney. did it again yesterday. only drawback is you can't wash it for 3 days shock so best done over a bank hol when you have no where to go.

Purpleknickers Wed 22-May-13 12:42:50

Thanks stepaway my hairdresser has offered to do it for me at home using the kit rather than at the salon . Really glad it does not ruin colour as that costs a small fortune.

StepAwayFromTheEcclesCakes Wed 22-May-13 13:17:40

ggod luck doubt you will regret it. let us know how it goes

Purpleknickers Wed 29-May-13 09:54:31

Had the treatment done on Sunday and so far so good.... however I bought these:

www.amazon.co.uk/Organix-Brazilian-Keratin-Therapy-Shampoo/dp/B004ISW5YY/ref=pd_sim_beauty_3 www.amazon.co.uk/Organix-Straight-Brazilian-Keratin-Conditioner/dp/B004KATJVC/ref=pd_sim_beauty_4
They were advertised with the kit on Amazon but the shampoo definitely says sodium chloride in the ingredients which according to the brazilian straightening kit is a huge no no

HELP .... have I bought the wrong aftercare products does anybody know?

Purpleknickers Wed 29-May-13 11:05:39

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now