Help with a birthday bracelet

(15 Posts)
FreyaKItty Tue 30-Apr-13 00:20:46

I'm approaching the big 40. I'm don't usually wear jewellery besides watch and wedding rings but would like a bracelet from dd/ds. Dh will be funding but I'd like something simple and classic. Can any if you stylish ladies help me ? (I'd prefer silver rather than gold if that helps to narrow it down)

I live in the west of Ireland so won't be able to get to any large jewellery stores so online (with delivery to Ireland).

HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 07:51:43
HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 07:53:25
HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 07:55:57
HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 07:56:30
HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 07:58:52
HoneyStAngelo Tue 30-Apr-13 08:02:16
FreyaKItty Tue 30-Apr-13 13:29:59

These are lovely but I like chunkier styles. Are charm bracelets out of fashion (so clueless and getting on)

petitdonkey Tue 30-Apr-13 13:38:04

I don't know what budget you are considering but I haven't taken off this once since I got it 5 years ago.

petitdonkey Tue 30-Apr-13 13:41:42

And I really love charm bracelets but, personally, am not a fan of the modern Links of London style - I do however love the idea of adding to them. My Mum has a really old charm bracelet which we took to an old fashioned jeweller to copy when my DDs were baptised. You can then get charms made or source antique ones which are such lovely quality.

MortifiedAdams Tue 30-Apr-13 13:44:25

I know they get sneered at on here but I have a Pandora and have for many many years and love it.

All of.my charms are meaningful or for.special.occasions (wedding day / baby born etc), and I cherish them.

FreyaKItty Tue 30-Apr-13 14:46:46

I remember my mother had one. We used to beg to see it and all the charms. I guess now I have an inquisitive 3 year old I'd like something similar. While I love dh - he would buy the most hideous thing (our taste is so different) so wanted something to show him or something to copy. The Cartier bracelet is lovely but 44k is well out of my budget.

petitdonkey Tue 30-Apr-13 15:53:12

Christ! Mine wasn't 44k!!

petitdonkey Tue 30-Apr-13 15:56:03

I adore this style. I'm sure if you found a good local jeweller, they could make you something unique to you for not too much money.

FreyaKItty Tue 30-Apr-13 16:21:51

I was looking at the links chain bracelet but so hard to tell online. I like the simplicity of it. I have plain emerald cut ring and chunky silver watch so something like this would balance perhaps. I want something I can wear everyday as going out occasions are rare with two smallies.
I've found another bracelet, and the buttons are cute. I'm not a jewellery person so hard to pick !!!!
www.buttonandco.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=50

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now