Help needed please, I'm after a nice plus size frock

(37 Posts)
TigerFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 19:24:47

Wedding season is approaching, I have two to attend so far, thankfully no guest crossover so I can wear the same outfit twice.

I am a size 20
Hourglass
Good decollete
Horrible rugby player legs and cankles so don't like short skirts and no bare legs
I need wide fitting shoes and can't walk in heels which limits me somewhat shoeswise
Dark red hair, blue eyes, very fair.
Budget is around £50, more if I don't need to buy shoes.

I'm just about to start looking myself but would appreciate any pointers.

Ayethankyew smile

TigerFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 21:32:25

I thought the red ones, need a bag to match now...

and maybe a big flower for my hair, may have to die it brown again so it doesn't clash with the red grin

EricIsMine Mon 29-Apr-13 21:39:52

You'll look fab [Grin]

TigerFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 21:40:19

ooh ooh ooh I have red slingbacks, just found them in the back of my wardrobe. Hurrah!

V similar to th elink above but have a wee bow at the front. Perfect.

Eric those tigermilly shoes are to die for but I doubt they'd fit. My feet are almost as wide as tey are long <sob>

Am on the hunt for a red bag now

This is FUN

EricIsMine Mon 29-Apr-13 21:40:36

grin who knew smilies were case sensitive?!

EricIsMine Mon 29-Apr-13 21:43:46
TigerFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 21:53:43

love the bag but not sure about the handles tbh, and the model scares the living crap out of me grin

EricIsMine Mon 29-Apr-13 21:57:08

Who wouldn't want a photoshoot in a graveyard?! Happy outfit hunting tigerfeet smile

TigerFeet Mon 29-Apr-13 22:00:01

thanks for your help smile

I was going to say lady v! Love their stuff! They are really good quality and do some brill sales too.

MrsLettuce I haven't 'seen' you around here in ages so its lovely to see you again :D

Sorry for the interruption OP. Lindy Bop have some great dresses and Facebook10 gives 10% off at checkout.

VOH are lovely frocks, good quality but check measurements as they are vintage sizing which is a lot smaller than modern highstreet sizes.

MrsLettuce I haven't 'seen' you around here in ages so its lovely to see you again :D

Sorry for the interruption OP. Lindy Bop have some great dresses and Facebook10 gives 10% off at checkout.

VOH are lovely frocks, good quality but check measurements as they are vintage sizing which is a lot smaller than modern highstreet sizes.

MrsLettuce Tue 30-Apr-13 10:38:42

<waves> Heloo! Long time no see indeed, we must have failed to notice some nameschanges wink

Eric - I don't have any VOH dresses, no. Too pricey for me, unfortunately. A damned good petticoat can make the cheapest of dresses look great, thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now