Who needs a cheap and ridiculously flattering 50's style swimsuit?!

(43 Posts)

I bought this for my holidays yesterday.

I can barely put into words how flattering it is on my size 14 lumps curves. Particularly on the stomach. And it's so pretty!

Just wanted to share smile

awaywego1 Sun 05-May-13 23:31:47

Mine arrived yesterday and its good grin flattering-very bright pink-I'm happy with it-thanks OP smile

You look lovely bunny!

IvorHughJarse Thu 02-May-13 20:09:03

Oooooh I love it! Thanks!

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 20:05:19
MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 20:04:12

Hmm, just found this (my cup size happens to be left). Whatta you think? confused

awaywego1 Thu 02-May-13 18:41:39

Gorgeous bunny smile

marking place so I can look at swim suit later smile

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 02-May-13 18:37:36

It says not found!!!!!!!!! Have you lot bought them ALL!??

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 18:35:18

Oooh, ooooh! That really is fab isn't it! Looks great on you . Thanks very much indeed grin

Pic on profile smile

maresedotes Thu 02-May-13 18:22:28

Thank you, thank you. Wanted a (cheapish) swimming costume and this looks great. Will investigate.

MadBusLady Thu 02-May-13 18:15:33

It seems to be out of stock in red now. <cries>

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 18:08:31

Excellent, thanks bunny! A photo would actually be most helpful if you can be arsed...

ithaka Thu 02-May-13 18:02:13

It looks lovely, but the smallest size is a 10sad Even slim girls appreciate a bit of tummy control, post children.

I can post a pic of me wearing it if anyone feels they would benefit from a pasty visual aid grin.

I'd go for the 14 MrsLettuce. There is still loads of stretch with my knockers in.

And a 16 would be too baggy everywhere else.

awaywego1 Thu 02-May-13 17:55:37

Ahh-just realised its 20% off all swimwear-so i didnt get the paypal discount-but this instead.
Im between sizes i think-so went bigger-could be a mistake!

MrsLettuce Thu 02-May-13 16:57:03

I MUST have one but am flummoxed about what size I need hmm

Measured today and looked at their size chart, says my hips are a 12 (yay!). 'waist' a 16 (started my period today though). norks in a bra are also a 16 (not swolen ATM, very, very squishy in nature, pendulous).

So, WTF size do I go for? A 14?? DOn't want it hanging off my arse but would also like to be able to breathe. I'm not in the UK so DM will have to order it and send it over, needs to be as right as it's getting first time.

Help?

ellesabe Thu 02-May-13 13:37:59

That looks reeeeeally nice! I wonder if I could squeeze my 32GGs into it... stupid boobs

Oh thank you! Have been looking for a flattering swimsuit for my post baby body as we're planning on taking DD swimming for the first time next week. Have ordered this in black!

BobblyGussets Thu 02-May-13 10:23:59

Thank you! Peacocks is a mile away from me, so I am going in a minute! If it's a good 'un, my Mum and eveyone else will get to hear about it.
I bought some Italian leather wedges from there (they had a shop in "Woolworths") years ago so cheaply and they must have lasted 6 summers at least.

hellswelshy Thu 02-May-13 10:13:17

Great thread! Just like to mention as well, there are some beauties in Sainsburys too, very similar style for £15! Available in a few colours and polka dot and a Aztec print. Havent tried them on yet, but they look nice and flattering - i need something to hold my tummy in that doesnt look a bit, ahem old lady swimsuity. Great price so may be worth a look! smile

awaywego1 Wed 01-May-13 22:50:49

I've just ordered this as I've been searching high and low for an affordable 50s style swimsuit for ages. Went for the pink. There's a code for 20% off if you use paypal PAYPAL20 which I couldn't get to work for ages but it seems to have worked now.
Thanks OP-hope its as flattering on me-eek smile

FarleyD Tue 30-Apr-13 07:59:24

Oh thanks for that. It does look nice. Good price too.

cocolepew Mon 29-Apr-13 22:42:46

Looks lovely envy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now