Ok, I know they're clarks but help me choose...

(68 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Apr-13 12:32:00

I love Clarks as I'm unfashionable always seeking the comfiest shoes possible as I do a lot of walking.

Which are better for my summer shoe?

These?

Or

These?

I'm 29 and tall and slim-ish and usually wear skinny jeans or jeans rolled up or if it gets really warm ill break out my pasty legs and wear a summery dress.

So MN jury, which are A) the most stylish and B) will be the most comfortable?

nenevomito Sun 28-Apr-13 13:51:14

I was going to say the second pair. I've got some Clarks shoes for the same reasons as you. Lots and lots of walking so they need to be comfortable.

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 13:59:18

Oh I didn't realise that about Toms.

There was nice a tan loafer type things linked on another thread from M&S

cocolepew Sun 28-Apr-13 14:00:26

What about the new Sketchers advertised on tv atm. Go walk or something.

Sorry but I think that every single pair linked on here is beyond hideous. And I googled those Sketchers things last night after somebody mentioned them on another thread - they look like toddler shoes and a re truly, truly revolting. And Toms are frightful.

All of the above is why I am still wearing boots. Am desperate for some nice spring time shoes to wear with skinnies when walking around a lot, but such a thing does not exist.

issimma Sun 28-Apr-13 14:35:47

No to all of the above.
How about birkies, op? Flat, comfy, about £30 and much less granny-chic.

Ashoething Sun 28-Apr-13 14:46:40

I know that people are ripping the piss on this thread but seriously op-if you ARE 29 then you cannot wear those bloody horrible shoes! Most self respecting grannies would run screaming from them!

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sun 28-Apr-13 14:50:13

OP I have the 2nd pair and they are the most comfortable shoes ever. I don't care that others are slating them I only do practical not style they are fab for walking in, especially in the summer. They are actually my 3rd pair, I like them so much.

MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Apr-13 14:51:30

Well I am 29 and generally consider myself to be pretty well dressed and not totally clueless but clearly when it comes to shoes I'm totally dense!

grin

LadyMountbatten Sun 28-Apr-13 14:51:43

aw! grin

MrsWolowitz Sun 28-Apr-13 14:52:28

<whispers>

I've ordered the 2nd pair.

grin

noddyholder Sun 28-Apr-13 14:53:10

They look like a shell nooooo!

LadyMountbatten Sun 28-Apr-13 14:54:32

angry

bunchamunchycrunchycarrots Sun 28-Apr-13 14:54:58

MrsW you won't regret it smile

Nehru Sun 28-Apr-13 14:57:36

you WILL

BalloonSlayer Sun 28-Apr-13 15:01:01

The last time I saw anything like those Toms, they were being sported by George Michael and he was singing "Club Tropicana."

Cherrypi Sun 28-Apr-13 16:21:32

Love the periodic table toms. smile

polyhymnia Sun 28-Apr-13 16:30:27

I'm all for comfort - and do have a pair of Fitfflop ballerinas - but I really don't like either of those original ones at all. (To be fair, I'm not a Clarks fan in general, so perhaps a bit prejudiced).

Have to admit I was amazed at a 29-year-old contemplating them. But perhaps that just shows how out of touch I am with the younger generation. You obviously like them which is all that matters.

gruffalocake Sun 28-Apr-13 16:52:34

Nooooo Polyhymnia you are not out of touch! I am 29 and would never go near these or let my mum (60s)! I walk miles with a pram everyday there is no need to sacrifice style for comfort to such an extreme

Try Topshop for comfy leather shoes or Zara or Asos or Kg/dune etc at debenhams. Loafers are still ok and very practical. Moccasins or boat shoes from one of these brands would be more age appropriate. Pointed toe flats are more the thing for this spring summer..... There are lots of options.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now