Mooncups and bras that fit.

(14 Posts)
noisytoys Sat 27-Apr-13 17:11:53

Thank you lovely mumsnetters. I have gone to town today and bought a mooncup it's bloody brilliant. Had to shout about how great it is on here because if I tell anyone in RL they will think I'm bonkers grin

Also I got my bra size measured today and went from a 34c to a 32e. Thank you mumsnetters for all the threads it looks like an instant boob job and is comfortable for the first time in forever so so happy smile

Yonihadtoask Sat 27-Apr-13 17:49:02

Brillliant! On both counts.

Brilliant...(as long as it wasn't M&S !!!!)

noisytoys Sat 27-Apr-13 19:23:43

It was Debenhams it's a really good fit smile

SorrelForbes Sat 27-Apr-13 23:19:31

Good news indeed!

PetiteMum Sat 27-Apr-13 23:27:35

Ok so what makes mooncup great? It seems messy and a bit gross?

ToothGah Sat 27-Apr-13 23:32:35

Fantabulous news about the new bra (I've gone from 38B to 36DD/E)

But sorry, you'll never convince me on the grossmooncup smile

Hetaera Sat 27-Apr-13 23:46:37

Yay for the new bra size! I just can't get on with my mooncup, however. It hurts my fanjo. I have the regular size for my age and the thought of using it makes me shudder. It is so uncomfortable. What am I doing wrong?

lowercase Sun 28-Apr-13 00:11:09

You may have to trim the stem hetera

Mooncup is great if you are travelling, skint, or green!
Not ideal in public loo, but certainly not gross!
It's only me.

noisytoys Sun 28-Apr-13 06:08:10

I found it surprisingly clean. It doesn't leak, it all stays in the cup when being removed. No blood on hands at all unlike previous tampons that are far messier and get everywhere and I feel more confident knowing it will only fill up a little rather than flood a super duper ultra absorbent tampon with a back up towel in no time smile

I'm thinking about getting a mooncup, as my flow is very light and tampons are a faff.
Bras, unfortunately, are another story. I have lost a lot of weight, and now have a 26in chest (with H-cup size norkage up front). I fear that only Ewa Michelak does my size these days and they're based in Poland!

Yonihadtoask Sun 28-Apr-13 14:01:49

I want to share my love of Mooncup too, but my RL friends think it's gross. I think tampons are gross.

My only regret is not discovering the Mooncup sooner - I am an oldie now - and have been using inferior SP for 30 years. ):

FrugalFashionista Sun 28-Apr-13 14:17:05

The mooncup is brilliant because using it I often actually forget I'm having my period (and I'm actually able to sleep without fear of leaks).

Does not work for everyone but I've been a happy user since 2008 and for me there is no going back, ever. Everyone defines gross in her own way but for me sanitary pads in the trash <boak> and tampons <double boak>.

Foodylicious Tue 30-Apr-13 11:38:03

Definately a mooncup convert - did not get on so well with it at the start 4 years ago as i had the coil in and was quite heavy. tried it again a year later when coil was out and was lighter (read normal). Still have tampons and/or pads occasionaly depending on where i am going, but feel much more in tune with myself, honest about what my body goes through and it really is soooo much better for the environment.
I have heard of people putting their collected blood in their garden/compost (fish blood & bond is a commonly used fertilizer)but think this may be a step too far for me!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now