Does a self tan like this really exist?

(34 Posts)
FabMum1 Fri 26-Apr-13 22:05:11

I am fairly pale skinned and feel its now time to start feeling a little bronzed.

Whenever I've used self tan and gradual tanners in the past they have always sat in the pores on my legs, face and arms and looked horrible.

I'd love something that makes my skin look smooth, glowing, bronzed and not streaky. I don't want to be really dark just a sun kissed glow for now, but then getting darker as summer approaches

Am I asking too much or does a product really exist? hmm

mirai Mon 29-Apr-13 11:08:58

I don't understmd the ones where you just wash your hands afterwards... surely then the backs of your hands will be white?!

Amy Childs fake tan mousse! I rave about this stuff having previously had the same problem as you.

I hate St Tropez, it comes out orangey on my very pale skin, the Amy Childs stuff comes out a lovely colour and isn't too dark at all.

Don't shave before you do it, I shave 2 nights before and exfoliate and moisturise a day before.

HappyGirlNow Mon 29-Apr-13 12:33:51

I wash my hands then I squeeze a little tan on the backs of my hands and rub them together..

FabMum1 Mon 29-Apr-13 22:08:28

I've always shaved and then tanned straight after, the following morning I can see it in my pores. So will try shaving the night before then having a quick shower and then apply tan

I will apply in front of a mirror and try to make sure I don't miss any bits. I will also buy a mitt.

Boots here I come, I want to be bronzed smile

Turquoiseblue Mon 29-Apr-13 23:08:33

I love the vita liberata mpisturising one bit my all time fave is vani t bronzing custard, not easy to come by here buy worth it if you can find it

FabMum1 Wed 01-May-13 11:22:34

Turquoiseblue, I've heard of vani t tan before, is it very dark?
How much does it cost?

FabMum1 Wed 01-May-13 21:23:55

Why can't getting the right tan be easy sad

Turquoiseblue Wed 15-May-13 08:20:50

Sorry - thought I replied. Vani t is about the same price as San tropez, not dark no but you can layer it in suppose - quite natural looking not too smelly

Maryz Wed 15-May-13 08:30:16

FabMum, did you try any of these? And how did they look?

dd is very concious of her "blue" legs so I was going to get her some for a treat. But faced with a gazillion products in Boots I panicked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now