MN Vogue Vol 9

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 13:12:37

Ready and waiting for when volume 8 is full. Lurkers and newbies welcome - come join the fashion and beauty chat.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Fri 26-Apr-13 17:45:53

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I love, love love those Chloe shoes Santa, especially the heel.

Thanks also for the positive reviews on my outfit. I don't wear dresses very often. My midriff is squidy so anything fitted at the waist is a no no. That's why I thought a shift would look best.

In terms of bling, I thought I would wear either a solid silver cuff (was my Nana's from the 60's) or a cocktail ring but not both. I really like the one that Amber got but will have to find a cheapo version. I'll put plain studs in my ears and I have quite flashy engagement and wedding rings so usually keep everything else minimal. A pink bag sounds good too. I'll google.

I am on Pinterest. I'll post a link later when I've spring cleaned my boards!

Shop Here is a link to the Hasbeen-alikes. I got them in the seconds sections so were £48 <tight>

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Fri 26-Apr-13 17:47:56

Sorry, the Hasbeen-alikes were £38 in the seconds section!

I like the sandals paris for some reason though, they remind me heavily of the 90's. Could be because they are almost identical in colour to the pair of satin trousers I used to wear at the time wink

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Fri 26-Apr-13 18:14:53

Relive the 90's OneLittle! No silver sadly.

actually quite like the grey and the cobalt ones but not with short top

LeFreakCestChic Fri 26-Apr-13 18:15:57

Vol 9? Fab.

Are you sure that the quilted sweatshirts on Atterley road shop?
Couldn't see it anywhere...

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 18:20:30

Oh bugger - sorry LeFreak it's showing as OOS now!
www.atterleyroad.com/coco-quilted-sweat.html

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 18:22:07

Haha, brilliant paris sadly I don't have the figure for those anymore but if I did, I'd be all over them!

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 18:23:03

I think I'm too old for the whole Hasbeen thing. I just don't get it. They remind me of Scholl. Look great on you youngsters but not me I think (probably not helped by long legs and big feet!)

Hopefully Fri 26-Apr-13 19:21:16

Shop I don't know how old you are, but I am definitely either too old or too young for hasbeens. They look like granny sandals to me shock <sacrilege>

Hopefully Fri 26-Apr-13 19:22:38

But then I am the woman who doesn't like ballet pumps, so what do I know? grin

Hopefully Did you see my links on the last thread?

I love my Hasbeens.

noviceoftheday Fri 26-Apr-13 19:33:57

Hello Paris, welcome! Love the outfit. The shoes are similar to a pair I have my eye on but dh and I would have to go to a lot more interesting places for me to justify the cost! Let me know if the Zara ones are comfy!

Shop what happened?! I logged on waiting for lots of exciting drunk links and nada! sadgrinI am so happy for you and your dh though.

Hopefully Fri 26-Apr-13 19:35:13

Yes, thanks travel. Am not sure they will be good with my big feet though - have to be v careful with sneakers.

I think Dramatics in casual shoes is the same as Romantics in office-wear. Very difficult. You would hate the shoes I am musing on at the moment Practical & quirky? Or odd plastic granny shoes?

These are my next planned footwear purchase.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 19:52:24

Not loving those Travel sorry! I'm 40 Hopefully
Sorry Novice I'm going to leave the drunk links to others I think smile

They are a bargain Amber. Toes out at work though, no can do. Not sure they'd get much wear otherwise.

Hopefully Fri 26-Apr-13 20:30:22

My eyes travel! Why do they have such frightening thick soles? The top half is nice though. Maybe you could sand them down... grin

Is it wrong that I like the sandals that travel has posted? blush

Anyone in the leeds area with money to spend and likes Vivienne Westwood want a buy two items in store and get 20% off code? The email can be forwarded to a friend but has to be printed and redeemed in store by the 5th of May. If anyone's interested let me know. I have no money to spend otherwise I'd use it myself sad

It's called a 'flatform'. OTM.
(down with the kids. innit)

Unsurprisingly I bloody love those sandals TiC!

Puts Topshop on possible weekend shopping list. Local Toppers is really small (though useful for returning online purchases).

This thread is not accepting new messages.