MN Vogue Vol 9

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 13:12:37

Ready and waiting for when volume 8 is full. Lurkers and newbies welcome - come join the fashion and beauty chat.

QueenCadbury Fri 26-Apr-13 14:39:15

foxy get some birkies!

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 14:42:45

haha I'll wear it all at the same time <crazed>

Anni can you link your Whistles sweater again?, I can't remember what it looks like! Sounds nice.

QueenCadbury Fri 26-Apr-13 14:44:49

Ooh had never heard of napisan but just googled it. It seems ocado does it so will get some on my next order!

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 14:46:15

It's great, used to use it at school.

Annianni Fri 26-Apr-13 14:52:40

For Marsha it looks a bit beige in the photos but it's lovely irl. Grey, with pink and green neon flecks.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 14:54:46

Bloody hell! I go and hang out the washing and do the ironing <domestic goddess> and you lot all go mental! Volume 9 eh? And they said it wouldn't last!
Early you'll fit right in - please stay!
My flat shoes include
1. Birkenstocks
2. Havs
3. A pair of red espadrilles
4. Converse (multiple)
5. French sole ballerinas x2
6. LKB dark nude ballerinas and LKB dark red
7. Snakeskin M&S flats
8. Fat Face (yup I said the FF word!) tan loafers
9. Lace TODS
Napisan is brilliant and in regular use in our leaky nappies house! Watch out though it does bleach colours a bit.
Decam v excited thanks. Poor DD! Glad she's better. DS screams when he sees that yellow nappy cream as he used to get terrible nappy rash and hated me applying it.
I just browsed through the t-shirts on Atterley Road SO DULL - where's the colour? Oh how I miss Style Passport!

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 14:57:29

That's lovely Anni can see on close up the neon flecks which I love. Might get that in the sales! If it's still there.

Shop good list. I can only do ballet flats so am so limited in summer. But will get another lot so don't have to wear Whistles snakeskin ones every day.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 14:59:09

Oh and some R&B jewelled flats. Decam's post reminded me.
Hopefully all sorts of trainer shops on Oxford St, or Selfridges are bound to stock.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 15:01:02

Frugal if you're still lurking thanks for the good wishes and for all your help and support while DH was out of work. thanks

The one day I go barefoot in my flats and I got caught in a massive hail storm. Was utterly soaked, so much so that I had to put fresh clothes on when I got home. My poor toes had wrinkled up like little prunes. Think I'll wait to go without tights for a while now!

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 15:13:36

Oooooo it's fate. DH gets a job and the Outnet take an extra 30% off a dress I've been thinking about for a long while. Ever since a lovely MNetter mentioned it on a thread ages ago. Can't remember who it was so if it was you who recommended this Levi's dress thanks

santamarianovella Fri 26-Apr-13 15:15:14

You all move too fast!
hopefully,Everybody in London is rocking the trainers look.I'm loving some of the slippers out there but they are just £££ ,I've pinned the Chloe ballerina and hope that DH takes a look at it when he comes home ,it's this: pinterest.com/pin/430023464390124845/ not very practical but I'm obsessed with them!
I wasn't planning on buying any shoes this season but I think I might change my mind,as I feel I'm in a similar place,was happy to wear my gladiator sandals yesterday but today,I feel lost,and don't want to ruin my ballerinas in case it rains.

santamarianovella Fri 26-Apr-13 15:27:55

shop,you should get it,very nice colour and very bargainous!

libertychick Fri 26-Apr-13 15:30:21

Hopefully I found it surprising difficult to find NB's in the shops and bought mine off ASOS. But there are lots of Adidas, puma and nike around - I really want something like these in Office, Foot locker etc. & Other Stories is doing Nike and had a good range in the day I was there if you are planning to hit Regent St.

Very nice shop it's definitely dress fate. If the skirt part wasn't so straight, I'd have one myself but alas, my jelly belly does not look pretty in anything that style sad

libertychick Fri 26-Apr-13 15:35:49

Anni you mentioned a few days ago you would like the Gap bag in navy - do you still want it? Mine is just not working for me....

Hopefully Fri 26-Apr-13 15:36:40

QueenC mostly I wear boots and sweat at the moment! My suede ankle boots have been in heavy use as they aren't too hot, but they have a 2.5" heel.

Thanks for all the shoe suggestions, just getting in car to drive to London but will look properly once we arrive. Xx

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Fri 26-Apr-13 15:40:44

Hi All

I thought I'd jump in on the new thread. I've lurked since the A&W days!

Loving all the shoe talk. I have some NB's and Hasbeen-a-likes (Lotta from Stockholm) and I am not particularly young or cool.

I was hoping for some advice. I am going to an evening reception for a civil partnership. The do is at a hotel. What do you think of the following outfit?

this dress in blue

These sandals

This blazer

I'm 33, 5ft 4 and size 8 with winter colouring btw.

QueenCadbury Fri 26-Apr-13 15:52:41

paris love the simplicity of the outfit and you have my total respect if you can walk in those sandals! Do stay as I'm a newly diagnosed winter so would be great to have your input. Are you on Pinterest.

early hope I haven't scared you off. I was only joking. I'm mrs conservative and normally post the most boring things!

very nice Paris looks very simple and elegant. I'm envy at the sound of your figure as well.

Paris that's an amazing outfit! Fab!

I missed the Whistles delivery sad why couldn't they have just left it behind the plant pot? (I know why) can't wait much longer (stamps foot).
I now have iridescent purple/grey nails ready for tonight....sat at kitchen table and watched a whole episode of The Sewing Bee while they dried....now want o kill myselfgrin.

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 16:08:50

Welcome Paris love the outfit, very classic and the shoes are amazing, definitely toughen it up a bit. What jewellery will you wear? Will you have a bag?
Would love to see a link to the Hasbeenalikes too!

shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 16:22:50

What about a bright pink clutch Paris?

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 17:10:48

Paris welcome, I love that outfit. Really good.

Dry ah really dislike missing deliveries.

Santa the Chloe ones are fab.

Which reminds me I'd like three ballet flats, some from J. Crew too.

MarshaBrady Fri 26-Apr-13 17:27:57

Shop great one on the dress! It's lovely.

This thread is not accepting new messages.