MN Vogue Vol 9

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Fri 26-Apr-13 13:12:37

Ready and waiting for when volume 8 is full. Lurkers and newbies welcome - come join the fashion and beauty chat.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Mon 29-Apr-13 14:39:30

I'm going to have to sit on my hands after looking on the Sincerely Jules blog. I really want to but loads of shorts and sundresses even though I know we won't have the weather for them here in Britain. I should stick to European blogs rather than L.A. based ones!

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 14:43:00

That's my problem Hopefully I'm really not sure what shape suits my body. Hence a Grecian and an A Line I guess? And this just fell in for me to try too...
pinterest.com/pin/122230577359214792/
I'm hoping when we do the London meet up someone will look at me and say - these are the type of dresses that you need to try as I am clueless.

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 14:44:06

How's the fit on the Grecian one Decam?

Decameron Mon 29-Apr-13 14:46:50

I bought the medium and it fits well. I think I had a bit of room. I'll try it on again tonight, it's been stuck up in the loft with my summer clothes since I bought it!

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 14:54:56

Have just changed my profile pic on Pin. Early modelling career?! grin
https://pinterest.com/shopafrolic1/

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 15:00:06

I've ordered the M too. Fingers crossed then as I know you're smaller than me Decam. Jeans must have been the delivery I missed. Picking them up from the Post Office tomorrow PM!

Decameron Mon 29-Apr-13 15:27:58

Aw, that's a great photo, Shop. Love the paisley! I'd say the medium will fit you.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Mon 29-Apr-13 16:49:20

Love all the dress links, especially the shift.

I have just ordered these and that is IT for clothes for quite a while.

It's my 1st wedding anniversary on saturday and DH and I are going out on the town! I'll wear the above skort hmm with a white t shirt, white blazer and black strappy sandals. Bad combo?

All you winters on here, can you please recommend a bright pink lipstick, I'll wear with minimal eye makeup I promise!

carrie74 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:52:03

Aww, cute pic, shop. And nice dresses. The T short maxi is on my wish list too, and love the shift especially! I'm buying more and more from Me&Em and am rarely disappointed (in fact, I've been really sad when I've had to send stuff back where it didn't suit or wrong size, because the quality's impeccable, haven't seen anything so good on the High St). Sizing also very kind lol!

Amber I remembered the shirt on your blog (I'd been eyeing it up for a while, so was quietly thrilled when saw you were too), but didn't realise you'd blogged the trousers too. Wearing together is a bit too fashun for me and rural Somerset, I'm afraid grin, but I can totally see others pulling it off with flair.

carrie74 Mon 29-Apr-13 16:53:34

Ooh, Paris sounds like a fab outfit. That ?skort is fab.

paris there's a brilliant bright pink in Superdrugs MUA range and it's cheap as chips. Shade 3, its very deep but very bright and looks fab on

foxysocks Mon 29-Apr-13 17:20:20

hello hello smile

no new purchases, got my HoF sale day bras and the fit is great on me, so pleased

cobalt scarf should get here tomorrow grin

what do people do about washing cashmere? dry clean, cold hand wash? i need exact instructions, have never done it before and both my sweaters need washing tomorrow confused

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 17:24:21

I was a cashmere laundry virgin and was terrified but I put sweater into laundry bags (a pillowcase would do) and wash in the machine on a handwash setting. I then follow Marsha's drying tip. Lay flat on a towel and roll up to absorb excess moisture and then dry flat on a dry towel.... Has worked for my I&I cashmere and the MNV orange sweater.

foxysocks Mon 29-Apr-13 17:26:56

thanks shop, those are the exact two sweaters I am washing tomorrow <gulp>. not sure i dare to put them in the machine, maybe if i wake up feeling brave! will def do the roll thingymajig, I remember that tip from marsha now you mention it.

MarshaBrady Mon 29-Apr-13 17:42:10

Decam pleased dd2 is ok. Although I get the sleep thing. Ds2 is very cute when asleep! Although he hasn't napped in the day since he was one! So early to stop. Really changed how the day felt.

Carrie I love those! Sadly the Gap site is not letting me look, but am going to check them out.

Love those dresses Shop. Gorgeous colours.

Paris I feel that way about Le Catch. I saw it on one of frugal's links <waves smile>. It is so lovely but American and some stuff is not possible to buy. That would be you Madewell!

Foxy yep I do the same as Shop although I haven't braved the washing machine yet. I ruined a Stella jumper, so I've gone back to hand wash in sink and then roll and lay flat. I need to do the orange mnv and the grey I&I. Eek. Good luck.

I had a second interview today. I wore pale Sandro mini, white shirt, snakeskin flats Hobbs mustardy fine knit and Bruno tweed. I am SO pleased I kept the Hobbs after all that. It wasn't the bright colour I wanted but I actually love it with the tweed and snakeskin. Lots of muted browny tones together.

I was pleased with the interview and my outfit but not sure the job is for me. Can you see a theme developing yet? grin (Clothes / break / silence -> all good, but I'm going for freelance so can put up with a slightly wrong role for a while but they inevitably ask if I will do permanent which I don't actually want.)

Evening all....empty house,it's bliss!!!and so peaceful!

I'm such an idiot...forgot to leave redelivery note out for the Whistles dress! Noooooooooo.

Grumpy I can vouch for the fabulousness of those Gap sweaters, I bought the black and mint. Great basics, great quality too.
Carrie74 Banana Republic trousers are great for work...I have 2 pairs and they're tough!
sleep did you see mrSanta?
Hopefully love those trainers, they would look cool with khaki too. I agree about Cos, I know everyone loves it but the scary models on the website leave me cold, and at barely 5ft3 it all looks like a sack on me....like you I need fitted.
Shop love the teal dress, one of my fav colours....and the new photo, great dress!

santamarianovella Mon 29-Apr-13 19:38:26

Hi,all
Had a busy day.
hope you arrived safely * sleep*,I told DH that one of MNV team might have been on his flight ,he said that I should have sent him a clue so he and his mate can play spot the mumsneter grin.

paris that skort is lovely, and love the sound of all white.
You looked so cute shop ,you must have been a very stylish toddler!
That gap combo is nice carrie very in season .mixing different patterns is not easy but that combination works.
marsha your outfit sounds very chic.im dying to know what sort of work you do!
Foxy after the silly dry cleaners ruined an incredibly soft cashmere sweater. I Bought the laundress wool and cashmere shampoo,and fabric fresh and wash them by hand in a basin and lay them to dry flat, had no problem,and the shampoo last forever.had it since last year.

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Mon 29-Apr-13 20:02:11

Thanks Carrie and Santa. I have been looking for something like that for a while so I can shamelessly copy my girl crush Christine Centenera. As for the all white look, lets hope I don't throw my dinner or red wine over it!

OneLittle Thanks for the lipstick recommendation. For £1 it's definately worth a punt!

Marsha I made the mistake of looking on Le Catch. That is just my sort of blog. I also waste hours on TheyAllHateUs. They don't list where stuff is from so I end up searching and searching! Your outfit sounds great too, I love brown and muted tones but they don't love me sadly.

DryWhite I am also 5ft 3 and every so often I try on something beautifully 'wafty' but never buy it as I'm not tall enough to carry it off.

Gorgeous bras too Foxy. I'll have to head over to the bra measuring threads before I buy. I've always found buying bras so frustrating.

Hi everyone, I saw someone who may have been mrSanta but figured that I would probably terrify the poor bloke if I went up to him and started jabbering about renovations, managing kids without DH support and Chloe flats, whether he was the right man or not grin. I could have given you a clue for him to spot me though, I have pistachio green toes - they are vile, a very bad impulsive choice for pedi on Friday. I look like I'm getting ready for Halloween grin!

Love your new profile pic shop, v cute!

My creamy white eBay jbrand 811's were waiting for me when I got back this morning, they are great. V pleased for £55, brand new too smile

Really looking forward to MU on 18th, the one just gone sounds like a lot of fun grin

Need to catch up on links after bedtime routine no.3, lovely to be back with DC's smile. Back later!

Hopefully Mon 29-Apr-13 20:19:02

Ooh, speaking of toes, I am on a mission to find some really bright/neon/acid green nail varnish. I have decided I need some. Any recs?

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 20:24:58
shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 20:30:18

Can I just point out I don't own it! I just googled...... Too brave a colour choice for me!

Parisisalwaysagoodidea Mon 29-Apr-13 20:39:16

Not a colour I would've considered but she looks great.

Orly

Essie

shopafrolic Mon 29-Apr-13 20:40:55

The tan is a necessity I think! Hence not for me!

My head is hurting from reading the mumsy thread....well said Amber. I really don't understand why people get so uppity on some threads, it's not meant to be personal...sometimes MN sounds a bit DM to me -- I can't think of anything better,myself, than dressing up in nice clothes and makeup and looking ok--

This thread is not accepting new messages.