What are these shoes and where can I find them?

(19 Posts)
Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 03:21:23

I'm really hoping the power of mumsnet can help me here!

I saw a woman wearing some shoes I liked but was too scared/ embarrassed to ask her where they were from as she was with a gang of friends.

They were loafers/ moccassin type things, in bright bright orange leather. The leather looked soft not stiff and they looked quite light and summery. No tassels or anything I don't think, just simple and plain. They had a kind of bobbly sole and the bobbles continued up the back of the heel section, if that makes sense?

Any ideas where they might be from? I'd love to see them in other colours too!

zgaze Fri 26-Apr-13 03:38:59

Tods driving shoes? Like this

No idea how I know this, I'm not stylish in the least

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 05:12:59

Ah thank you that looks suspiciously like them.

Next question: does anyone know of a high st version of these shoes?! Not sure my budget can stretch to Tods!

MooseBeTimeForSpring Fri 26-Apr-13 05:32:12

Take a look at www.carshoe.com. The suede ones are a bit cheaper.

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 05:39:33

Thank you, they look good too, but sadly still too pricey I think. From my own googling I am noticing a distinct correlation between ''ones I like" and "ones I can't afford".... Think perhaps they're the type of shoe that needs to be expensive to look timeless and classy rather than dowdy and old?

Ah well I will keep looking. Any brilliant finds under £100 then please send them this way!

Furball Fri 26-Apr-13 09:38:50
Furball Fri 26-Apr-13 09:40:56
Vonnegut Fri 26-Apr-13 12:35:37

Blue velvet sell driving shoes for about 80 quid - very good quality, too.

They've got orange (and, if you're so inclined, orange with blingy toe-box... hmm).

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 13:22:47

Thank you both you are so clever! My late night googling-while-breastfeeding was much less successful!

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 13:32:27

Ps they are ok aren't they?! I'm just desperate for something flat which isn't ballet pumps and this woman I saw looked v. stylish. Hope you don't all think they're ugly!

ItsYonliMe Fri 26-Apr-13 13:37:53

Those Yoox ones that Furball found are fabulous.

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 14:28:44

Ps they are ok aren't they?! I'm just desperate for something flat which isn't ballet pumps and this woman I saw looked v. stylish. Hope you don't all think they're ugly!

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 14:30:04

Ah cross post at least it's not yonli me that likes them!

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 14:46:33

Hmmm no size 7 or 8 in the orange (first of furball's links). What colour would you go for? They'll mostly be worn with cropped black jeans or dark blue skinnies. I don't normally wear bright colours at all apart from red. My wardrobe is mainly black with navy, cream, khaki and white. I often wear a pale pinky beige leather jacket in summer (sounds vile but quite nice really, sort of nude ballet pump colour!). Oh and my big feet need to be minimised as much as possible.

I'm leaning towards green or purple but will both look odd with my other clothes? Somehow the orange almost looked neutral as close to tan, but not sure about other shades ...

Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 14:47:40

Sorry have just seen I posted earlier message twice, not sure how that happened.

Furball Fri 26-Apr-13 15:00:45

they have a 7 in my second link though, could try those

ItsYonliMe Fri 26-Apr-13 17:05:51

If you don't usually go for bright colours then maybe the purple would suit you. It's a great colour but not too in-your-face. It would probably go with more colours in your wardrobe.

MacaYoniAndCheese Fri 26-Apr-13 17:15:23
Accentuatethepositive Fri 26-Apr-13 18:15:06

Yes saw they had the other ones but marginally prefer the first. Will have a think! Thanks again for all your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now