tops for ahem rounded stomachs.

(18 Posts)
pizzaqueen Fri 26-Apr-13 17:53:33

I have the big belly problem too. Lost about a stone recently but still have a way to go and my tummy is still well out if proportion.

I find Next bubble hem tops are quite flattering and they have a good variety. But I'll be watching this thread for ideas. Love that DP top posted earlier.

Twinklestarstwinklestars Fri 26-Apr-13 17:48:02

I like bubble hem tops, they seem to hide a lot, at 28 weeks pregnant it covers it up still, I got some from new look.

2fedup Fri 26-Apr-13 17:36:01

If you would like me to help you to spend more moneygrin, take a look at mint velvet. I quite fancy this bubble top and this shirt if my bingo wings are up to it

2fedup Fri 26-Apr-13 17:31:04

I would go for a medium,

lurcherlover Fri 26-Apr-13 17:02:07

Ooo, I really like that top 2fedup. How do their sizes compare to elsewhere? I've not bought anything from phase eight before. I'm a 12 in most makes (M&S etc) - would I be a S or M do you reckon?

WildThongsHeartString Fri 26-Apr-13 16:54:31

Damn you 2fedup smile
I have ordered that grey top plus another 2 from debenhams.

Good thread - common problem I think

ExRatty Fri 26-Apr-13 16:51:41

I like that grey top 2fedup

2fedup Fri 26-Apr-13 16:15:43

And [[ http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight//Burnout-Butterfly-Tallie-Top/301361785 this]] one too

2fedup Fri 26-Apr-13 16:14:02

this grey top which is now in the sale at phase eight is quite forgiving. I have a few bits from there. John Lewis stocks them and has a 25% offer on a the moment, or at least I think they do.

ElectricSheep Fri 26-Apr-13 16:02:27

fromparis I got it in store today in the sale too!

BastardDog Fri 26-Apr-13 15:57:17

I've discovered bubble tops myself this year. I'm also about 3 stone overweight and an apple shape. If I wear the a bubble top with a knee length skirt or some jeans / fitted trousers, it seems about the most flattering combination I can get. Camouflages the horrid belly bit while accentuating my not too bad legs and hips.

fromparistoberlin Fri 26-Apr-13 15:44:39

ooooh thats rather nice electric

but just had my credit card scammed so need TRIM the old internet buying

ElectricSheep Fri 26-Apr-13 15:25:06

I've just bought this to wear to work with straight leg black trousers. It's very forgiving of my tum.

I also think V necks and cowl necks are good at pulling the eye away from the tum and with a necklace does same job.

fromparistoberlin Fri 26-Apr-13 13:00:22

how about tunic tops, hip lenth tops and floatier shirts over pencil skirts and skinny jeans??? then your bottom looks thinner?

try COS, M&S and Boden for starters

CeeceeBloomingdale Fri 26-Apr-13 12:55:47

As an apple shape I avoid tunics, wrap tops, anything with a gathered or darted waist, any top with a belt detail, anything too fitted. Loose, straight sided tops or shirts work best for me. Slash or boat necks are more flattering on me than a scoop neck but that might just be me.

HaveAGoodDay Fri 26-Apr-13 12:14:50

I was (kinda still am!) in the same boat, esp after having my 2nd child. I found tunic style tops just made me look as if I was still 9 months pregnant. I found 'bubble hem' type tops to be more flattering - you know with an elastic gathering at the hem. I also think fitted blouses, not tight may be more flattering.

Zumba was great at helping me shape up, I need a good kick up the backside to get back into it...!

Skinidin Fri 26-Apr-13 11:43:01

I wouldn't mind some advice on the same lines.

I've lost over 2 stones but there's still some way to go and my stomach is appalling.

I'm a 'mature' woman, shall we say? 5'6 and very slim in some parts. The fat sits round my belly (and hangs down) like a ghastly parasite sad

Samnella Thu 25-Apr-13 21:56:55

I am on a diet and working hard at losing 3 stone. I carry most of my weight on my stomach , so I am an apple shape. My saving grace is my legs.

I desperately need to replenish my wardrobe. I was going to wait until I had reached my goal but this process of losing weight has made me realise how much my confidence has been eroded by my weight. So I have decided to buy some clothes in the interim. Ideally not too expensive but will sell them later.

I work in an office so tops that could be dressed up or down would be good.

I have tried tunic but they make me look pregnant. I am thinking draped tops and wrap style. My tummy really is quite big at the moment .

I am 42 and size 14. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now