Anyone use Make Up For Ever HD Foundation in 115?

(15 Posts)
fridgepants Thu 25-Apr-13 21:06:56

Have a tested-twice bottle for anyone who does. Bought it in Paris but the colour doesn't work on me. A-boo.

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:08:42

I do! If you find the brand works for you there's two places in London that sell it, I'll find the links for you - give me a minute.

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:09:43

PAM at Goldhawk Mews link

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:10:34

And guru

fridgepants Thu 25-Apr-13 21:22:48

I'm not sure if there's enough coverage for me, to be honest.

I was going to put it on eBay but they don't allow tested cosmetics, plus I find it's more of a hassle to use these days than it used to be. Shame as I also had some Smashbox foundation that's gorgeous but too dark (and it's the palest shade they do).

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:26:47

Oh it's such a pain when that happens - especially as neither of them are particularly cheap! The Nicola Roberts Dainty Doll range has some good reviews, no idea if there's a face range th

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:27:25

though. There might be a thread somewhere on here about foundation for paler skin tones?

fridgepants Thu 25-Apr-13 21:35:23

Dainty Doll's been discontinued, alas.

I think I've found one that works - Lancôme Teint Idole in 005 - but I was excited to try MUFE when I was in Paris last year. Should have got some pencils instead!

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:45:41

It's amazing when you find one that works for you. Their primers are quite good, I may have stockpiled in the US last month <blush>

MacAndCheese Thu 25-Apr-13 21:47:55

blush even hmm what is wrong with my hands this evening...

fridgepants Thu 25-Apr-13 22:42:18

Well, if you want it, send me a PM grin

Fanjounchained Fri 26-Apr-13 08:08:30

Fridgepants - not sure if I've misunderstood your post about Ebay but are you saying they won't let you sell cosmetics which have been used or tested ? Don't think this is right as I saw loads of make up the other day for sale that had been used. In the initial description box it said "new/unused" but then when you read the detailed description from the seller it said the items had been tested or half used etc....Hope this is still the case as I have loads I wanted to try and get rid of !

fridgepants Fri 26-Apr-13 14:37:37

Fanjo - technically they won't. Last time I listed something - which was a few months ago - a box popped up asking me if I was listing used cosmetics/samples.

I think you can get away with it if you're careful and honest in the description, but the system tells you you can only list them as new unless it's perfume. I suppose there's a chance they could pull the listing....

Shame we can't do a swap/sell thing on here, really. All the big make-up forums are in the US which makes it tricky.

singaporeswing Fri 26-Apr-13 14:55:08

If you're able to get to a MAC pro store, it might be worth picking up a bottle of their white Face & Body foundation and using it to mix with your existing foundation.

My BF was wasting fortune on different foundations that weren't quite pale enough until she bought this. Might be worth taking a look?

Dainty doll is still available at fragrance direct from £1.99 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now