Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Styling hair in the morning father washing it at night?

(16 Posts)
Gingefringe Thu 25-Apr-13 08:18:55

I too have very fine hair. A lifesaver for me has been Bumble & Bumble volumising hairspray - you can use on dampish and dry hair in the morning to give a very quick blow dry. Expensive, but I buy the small travel size which lasts a long time. Boots do this online if you can't get a local supplier.

wisheshappentobehorsestoday Thu 25-Apr-13 07:52:15

I have fine, wavy hair in layers.

I wash it at night and when its pretty much dry (I sometimes use a hair dryer to help) I then twist it into a top knot and secure with spin pins ( fantastic invention, can use bobby pins/hair ties instead but the pins don't move as much).

In the morning, I shake it out and either straighten it into submission, or use my babybliss big hair - takes about 10-15minutes for my long hair. If your hair is straight it probably won't take as long. Never had a problem using it with hair being dry, not damp.

JeremyPiven Thu 25-Apr-13 06:45:58

I wash at night, also have v fine hair.
When I get up I run a wet brush through it and spray on a bit of styling stuff before using my big hair on fringe and to curl bottom and sides. Works fine.

knitknack Thu 25-Apr-13 06:42:44

Heated rollers are good in the morning - take a min or two to put in but then you just get on with life and take them out before you run out of the door.

jackstini Wed 24-Apr-13 22:49:04

Sock bun curls
Google it - it has been a life saver for me!

EleanorFarjeon Wed 24-Apr-13 22:20:14

I love the typo!

I often wash mine before bed and leave it wet, but I have the opposite problem in that my hair's long but thick and prone to extreme volume if I blow dry.

moonstorm Wed 24-Apr-13 22:18:38

Maybe I should just experiment a little!

grin I'm glad to have made you all smile!

Beaverfeaver Wed 24-Apr-13 22:15:51

I wash my hair at night, sleep on it and then wake up, splash some water on it and blow dry upside down and ready to go. Takes just a few minutes, and has saved a lot of time for me

Clicked for typo toogrin

ImpatientOne Wed 24-Apr-13 22:08:47

Can't help - only clicked to solve the mystery of parental late night hair washing grin

Thanks for giving me a laugh!

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Wed 24-Apr-13 22:07:48

Perhaps he could plait it for you too grin

QueenCadbury Wed 24-Apr-13 22:07:31

I often wash mine at night and then use dry shampoo in the morning.

moonstorm Wed 24-Apr-13 22:06:31

X-post grin

I can guarantee my father does not wash my hair while I sleep!

moonstorm Wed 24-Apr-13 22:05:36

I meant after washing it at night. First ipad auto fail... My father does not wash it at night hmm

PoppadomPreach Wed 24-Apr-13 22:04:02

Sorry I have no practical advice but love the typo in the heading!

Or does your dad really wash your hair when you're asleep???

moonstorm Wed 24-Apr-13 22:00:04

I have long, fine hair that can get very flat. I wash it at night and sleep on it. I just don't have time in the morning with getting ready for work and feeding two dcs and getting them to school and nursery.

Is it possible to style hair without washing it (ie having it damp and blow drying it), would a babyliss big hair work on hair dampened with spray on water, for example? I know straighteners need dry hair, but I am not using them with 2 dcs running round, plus I'd be worried about leaving them on in the stress of the morning!

Thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now