bad brazilian

(52 Posts)
glub Wed 24-Apr-13 21:43:38

so i went for a wax today, i just walked into a few places to see who would have an immediate appointment available...
it was awful. the therapist was really highly strung, she ripped a few of the strips upwards (that's wrong right?) so they ripped at the skin. then she kept telling me the problem was the fact that my hair was too long down there (aren't they supposed to be able to deal with a bush?) she even told me i should shave it a week before getting another wax, and that she was therefore going to leave the lips 'this time'. i mean, who shaves the inner bits anyway? seems a little dangerous! and it was really, really painful, which she kept asking about, and i said it was painful and she said 'well it's hair removal' as in that's what it's like. she also placed my hands to stretch the skin. i was shaking afterwards and felt pretty traumatised sad it was totally wrong right? i've only been once before but that was a while ago. i don't remember it being like this though. do i need to review her/report her?!

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Fri 26-Apr-13 21:44:12

While i agree it sounds par for the course for a Brazilian, you may just have to find another therapist. A waxer, like a pilot, should have panache and confidence and act as a trusted guide on what is a strange and potentially scary journey. grin

Lucylloyd13 Thu 16-May-13 14:59:17

Brazillians are not for everyone, and counter intuitively are best done after a trim has reduced much of the thatch.

Having a therapist pulling their labia around and tearing the hair off is not pleasant.

For me a hand adminsitered razor does the trick.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now