Can you stylish ladies tell me how the heck I wear converse, please?

(31 Posts)

Bought some converse off've eBay, bargain. Washed them cos I'm a snob. They are now dry, and I need to suss how the heck to wear em, what with etc.

If it helps they are the double tongue ones, a very very pale pink (off white) and the underneath layer is pink. And they are ankle high.

AnyFucker Germany Tue 23-Apr-13 21:50:26

You put them on your feet.

hth smile

CambridgeBlue Tue 23-Apr-13 21:51:39

With anything and everything IMO smile

cocolepew United States Tue 23-Apr-13 21:52:43

Don't forget to tie the laces, once they are on your feet.

HTH
smile

BikeRunSki Brazil Tue 23-Apr-13 21:52:49

I wear mine on my feet, with clothes.

JollyPurpleGiant Tue 23-Apr-13 21:53:39

Might be best to put socks or tights on before you put them on your feet.

ShowMeTheYoni Tue 23-Apr-13 21:54:48

Yep on your feet. I own four pairs and they all go on my feet. Normally wear jeans, but they go with everything.

MrsShrek3 Tue 23-Apr-13 21:59:59

ooh you've had lots of help already wink I would also say put them on your feet, but not necessarily with visiblesocks.... those littletrainersock things iykwim smile dunno about laces, I just tie mine hmm

Yes, because I'm obviously an idiot...

ShowMeTheYoni Tue 23-Apr-13 22:09:05

They are a trainer. Wear whatever you would wear a trainer with. It's quite simple with cons really

LeChatRouge Tue 23-Apr-13 22:09:29

Boyfriend jeans rolled up
Skinny jeans
Skinny jeans turned up once
Tea dress and cardi
Denim shorts

Thanks LeChatRouge. I wouldnt have thought of wearing them with a dress. smile

don't own trainers, apart from a pair worn only in the gym. I wouldn't have asked if I knew the answer would I.

MrsShrek3 Tue 23-Apr-13 22:21:20

I wear mine mostly with skinny jeans, hence why I said not visible socks. Mainly for anything I want to not wear boots iyswim.

RhondaJean Brazil Tue 23-Apr-13 22:24:33

Converse look amazing with tea dresses.

Also if you have any hippy tendencies, long floaty skirts and a vest top in the summer.

AnyFucker Germany Tue 23-Apr-13 22:25:15

Don't take the hump at a bit of teasing, custard

Have you tried looking around at what other people are wearing with them ? See what you like the look of

EleanorFarjeon Tue 23-Apr-13 22:27:10

If they're hi-tops, I'd not wear them with skirts/dresses. That could look wrong unless you're 16 ish.

Hi-tops! Yes that's what I was trying to describe, thanks smile I'm totally a ballet shoe kinda girl so struggling a bit with these converse

BlastAndDalmatians Tue 23-Apr-13 22:45:11

I wear them with EVERYTHING. I'm so happy we have dress weather now, converse with a pretty dress looks fabulous IMO.

I wear mine with tights and shorts of varying colours. Every day. I seem not to own any other clothes.

LovingTheSunshine Tue 23-Apr-13 22:49:58

I ordered some slip on ones...can't be arsed with laces!

sirtoffeedoris thanks for that link, that's brilliant! Lots of ideas on there smile

My DD has white Converse (she had pink before) she likes the over-the-ankle ones.
DD is 11yo, tall, slender (very trendy)
She wears the thick leggings and shorts with Converse and a gilet /sweatshirt.

Looks good.

I wear mine with anything really. Especially dresses and skirts as that's what I usually wear. Don't wear them without socks and/or tights though as they will rub your feet and give you terrible blisters

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now