So comfy, but are they awful? I think they might be....

(102 Posts)
GingerLemonTea Tue 23-Apr-13 21:23:42

I always end up wearing thin soled pumps & want something comfier, but need to know if these are ugly?

like walking on air

not so bad in pink or blue?

QueenMaeve Tue 23-Apr-13 21:26:13

I like them. If they are comfortable its a big yes from me

WildThongsHeartString Tue 23-Apr-13 21:26:23

They look really comfy! Not so bad-if you like them get them

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Tue 23-Apr-13 21:28:13

i like them. but only in tan really.

notnowbernard Tue 23-Apr-13 21:29:51

I really don't like them at all, sorry

PenelopePortrait Tue 23-Apr-13 21:31:54

Oh dear God they are hideous. Just wrong.

GingerLemonTea Tue 23-Apr-13 21:34:55

Was thinking tan in the first link.
I think they might be wrong, but they felt amazing.

Any suggestions, doing lots of walking with the pram, mainly wear skinny jeans, occasionally leggings.

SofaCanary Tue 23-Apr-13 21:36:28

Perfectly acceptable.....................if you're in your 80s shock

Hideous.

openerofjars Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:11

No. Just no. Even I can spot the wrongness.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:36

no no no! all you haterz got no swag (it felt all kinds of wrong typing that)

OP these shoes were all over the place last year decorating the feet of pretty young things in trendy shops all over the country. they are still 'in' and you wont look 80! grin you can wear them with skinny or straight leg jeans or (dare i say it?) chinos.

nowgotosleep Tue 23-Apr-13 22:05:46

My neighbour wears the first pair you linked to...she's 82! Sorry!

Bunbaker Tue 23-Apr-13 22:06:12

I'm afraid that if I was doing a lot of walking comfort takes precedence over style. I spent the last couple of weeks scouring the shops for comfortable ballet flats and came to the conclusion that they are OK as long as I don't want to do much walking.

I like those shoes and don't think they are just for old ladies.

Sommink Tue 23-Apr-13 22:06:41

hummmm Im starting to see why m&s clothing line is going down the pan

I like the leather ones - go for it!
You will not look 80 as you don't see that many octogenerians with skinny jeans grin.

BobblyGussets Tue 23-Apr-13 22:08:57

Not my thing, but get them if you like them OP. The world could do with more colour and it good to feel comfy. Maybe you can pull them off.

<sneakily slips feet into purple Sketchers>

BoiledEggandToastSoldiers Tue 23-Apr-13 22:09:09

Good grief no! They are dreadful.

BobblyGussets Tue 23-Apr-13 22:10:28

YY to Bunbaker, if you are going to use them, walking in them and feel good, do it. You don't want to be the same as everyone else anyway.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Tue 23-Apr-13 22:10:43

i had a similar pair (although they didn't look as comfy) in tan last year and i'm 26. i promise you i didn't look old fashioned or mismatched. my cousin is 19 and the most fashion conscious person i know and she had a pair.

ballet pumps are not for walking in. i cant even walk down town in mine (5-10 minute walk) as it feels almost like walking in bare feet.

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Tue 23-Apr-13 22:12:22

i mean my pair weren't as comfy as yours look.

Maat Tue 23-Apr-13 22:14:05

In pink & blue, they look like slippers.

Sorry.

My very trendy hairdresser told me on Saturday how she ruined her feet by wearing ballet flats on hard (tiled) flooring for long hours at work. She is 35 and sees her podiatrist once a month. She now wears orthopedic footwear - comfy, and necessary, I am sure. But NOT a good look tbh - she makes up for it by being otherwise v glamorous.

For walking on asphalt you need a cushioned sole, so yes, an alternative would a trainer of some sort, I suppose.
I used to love my Merrell's...

WTFisABooyhooISBooyhoo Tue 23-Apr-13 22:22:22

i fell in love with birkenstocks whilst pregnant with ds2. they are foot heaven but they are quite hideous. the supportive ones are anyway. i would really love another pair but dont know if i can justify the expense for a pair of shoes i wont wear outside the house. (i know i wont wear them in public) but they are so comfy they might just be worth it as slippers.

piprabbit Tue 23-Apr-13 22:33:22

Someone on another thread was extolling the virtues of Fitflop ballerinas like this. I can't make up my mind though.

colette Tue 23-Apr-13 22:33:35

Agree pink and blue look like slippers, but I really need shoes to walk in that aren't trainers , so would consider the tan { even though I think they are quite ugly}
Think I have the beginning of a bunion blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now