so i had a glycolic peel yesterday. absolutely no difference-normal?

(36 Posts)
TinyDiamond Tue 23-Apr-13 19:14:25

bit annoyed really. went to SK:n clinic, in consultation she recommended either a glycolic or isolaz treatment for my acne and blackheads. I opted for the peels as didn't think I could afford the isolaz. I rang up before my appointment to say I'd reevaluated and actually, I would like to try isolaz so they booked me I'm for it.

but when I arrived they said that actually, it probably wasn't going to be right for me after all which makes me think now that in my initial consultation they were just trying to get me to book loads of different things.

had the glycolic treatment and it was 10.8% that she used. I noticed no difference straight after (never had one before so not sure if that's normal or not) and today my skin is no different. it doesn't feel any cleaner, or look at all different.

after reading all the home peel threads I feel cheated as people rave about the smooth results straight away etc.

been told I'd need a course, but want something that will actually make my skin feel less clogged after spending cash on it.

what do you think? are there any other treatments I could try instead?

I have ordered the glycolic kit from bravura to try at home it just hasn't arrived yet

TinyDiamond Fri 26-Apr-13 20:04:21

yes I have seen them recommended before. I am pretty happy with my regime product wise I have some new stuff I had been using dermalogica for years I have now added in a SK:n wash that I really like and a couple of ££ skinceuticals products. for me I just need a treatment to give me a bit more of a blank canvas really, bit of extraction or something which I was really hoping the isolaz would give me

TinyDiamond Fri 26-Apr-13 20:05:42

to any of the home peel crowd, how long should I wait to do the first one? have done a skin test this morning OK so far, I had my useless 10% peel on Monday would it be too soon to try a home 30% now?

BustleInYourHedgerow Fri 26-Apr-13 21:31:44

bumping for you, dont know the answer to the above question, I used ten percent salicylic acid to start with and am now using twenty percent. My acne is hormonal toosad

TinyDiamond Fri 26-Apr-13 21:37:30

would you judge me if I told you I just did it?

BustleInYourHedgerow Sat 27-Apr-13 22:51:23

not at allsmile how did it go?

TinyDiamond Sun 28-Apr-13 08:44:44

really well!!! pleased with result skin feels smoother

NotTreadingGrapes Sun 28-Apr-13 11:20:36

Don't rush to do it again though! IIRC from the threads last year, the collagen reproduction (or whatever it is we are doing this sizzling for grin) hits its peak about 3-4 days after the peel. Or something. <vague>

I still haven't started because I haven't got any neutraliser and can't remember what I'm supposed to do with bicarb (is it?) to make my own!

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 17:43:10

Well I am on week 5 of my 30% plus I am using my dermaflannel on the days in between. Also using the HA serum. I'm not very impressed so far. My skin seems a bit shiny and taut after using the derma flannel but the last couple of days my lower cheeks/jaw area feels a bit rough and grainy, whole face a bit dry and stressed (but not obviously flaking) and I am developing a few little sort of raised, gritty white sebum spots under the skin.

Am I just looking worse before I can look better? confused

NotTreadingGrapes Sun 28-Apr-13 17:48:48

When I did the 30% last summer, it was about week 5 when I abandoned it because it all went red/flaky/ouchy.

I've just started a HA serum and it definitely tightens, but perhaps dries a bit much I thought.

What are you using as moisturiser?

TheRealFellatio Sun 28-Apr-13 19:49:00

Some Elizabeth Arden stuff at the moment but I'm not keen on it so I'll be glad when it's used up. Actually it's too thick and perfumed so maybe that's why my face feels grainy.

SnookyPooky Thu 02-May-13 19:15:59

I just placed an order with Bravura! Their prices are so reasonable.
Here I have paid €45 a time for glycolic peels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now