Do shoes worn bare foot ALWAYS hurt you?

(105 Posts)
LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:26

Or is it just me? I bought some loafers to wear sans socks and am busy wearing them in. Mate look askance! She never has this. Now I do have skinny long chicken feet so getting shoes that are slim enough is a big deal.

So here I am, wearing them with socks around the house as they pinch on my heels.

AM I alone?

poozlepants Mon 29-Apr-13 16:54:35

I was going to buy a lovely pair of tan loafers but was worried about the whole blister thing. Saw a cheap copy in Deichmann which weren't so beautiful but were so soft.
After this thread I'm off to buy the cheapo ones that won't blister me aching feet.
I have a very ugly pair of hiking sandals which I wear every summer- they are so comfy and no blisters. They also balance out my ginormous calves.

EuroShaggleton Mon 29-Apr-13 16:59:31

I have the same problem, OP. But my feet are broad so a different shape to yours. They are just so delicate! Everything rubs. Usually it is my 4th toe that gets most battered, but flip flops rub on the bar as it heads towards my instep and between my toes!

AndTwoBits Mon 29-Apr-13 17:01:35

Ooh gold ya say?! I am hankering after silver ones too! I shall make do with this pair for now to be sure they are indeed pain free and then I might just have to take another look at the website!! 4 days from ordering from the UK to Ireland is pretty good service too.

ItsintheBag Mon 29-Apr-13 17:29:14

I have the same, my wide size 7 which to look at are anything but dainty,
blister in everything.
I only wear clarkes/hush puppies due to blistering/pinching.I feel your pain.
My sister could wear broken glass shoes and not have a problem envy

Jenijena Mon 29-Apr-13 21:23:57

Size 8s, which, since pregnancy, seem to have changed shape even more. My feet hurt so much if I don't wear socks. I also Don't Do Sandals as I hate toes (anyone's, not just mine). I'm still nursing sore fourth toes from my traditional pair of 'comfy work shoes for summer' which I wore on Thursday.

Does anyone else get the inner sole wrinkle, where the soles end up giving you mahoosive blisters? The slightest wrinkle of an inner sole and that's it, they have to go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now