Do shoes worn bare foot ALWAYS hurt you?

(105 Posts)
LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:26

Or is it just me? I bought some loafers to wear sans socks and am busy wearing them in. Mate look askance! She never has this. Now I do have skinny long chicken feet so getting shoes that are slim enough is a big deal.

So here I am, wearing them with socks around the house as they pinch on my heels.

AM I alone?

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:07:51

These are leather qualidee shoes not any old shit

meditrina Mon 22-Apr-13 18:10:37

It happens to me all the time, and many a set of ripped heels or pinch-points near and on the toes have I suffered.

And now tend to wear fit flops year round (flip flops or boots, depending on temperature), with Converse (with socks) as alternate. Perhaps I'll surrender to crocs in places other than route to beach on holidays (whilst wearing purple).

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 18:11:45

Sorry I never have this either, and I have narrow feet.

I buy in Ecco and Clarks, so only quallidee shoes and sandals here too.
Sometimes, I use powder in my shoes, but mostly not.

Maybe you have freakishly soft and dainty feet! ;)

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 18:13:08

Will you use a stick to make music on the railings whilst wearing purple meditrina?

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 18:14:54

Or am I barking up the wrong poem?

Somethingtothinkabout Mon 22-Apr-13 18:16:23

I always get sore heels, sometimes toes too sad But I have little clammy feet which probably doesn't help.

There is a Compeed stick you can buy that you rub on your feet on the pressure points and it provides a lot of relief I find, but generally, I need pop socks. <sobs>

FrugalFashionista Mon 22-Apr-13 18:20:27

It's easier to break them in with socks first, then start wearing them on bare feet (take blister plasters along). I also tend to buy 1/2 size too big and slip in washable cotton-coconut fiber insoles (I wear loafers frequently) - loafers and other closed shoes on bare feet can get really grotty. Oh and people in hot countries use talcum powder to dust feet. Stick deodorant can help too.

Lizzylou Mon 22-Apr-13 18:23:24

No, never have a problem.
I do have huge wide sashquat feet though.

meditrina Mon 22-Apr-13 18:27:34

Venusrising - shall we share the brandy?

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 18:30:06

Shoes/trainers without socks/tights are grim. And I hate talcum powder!

Only sandals with out socks here.

yellowhousewithareddoor Mon 22-Apr-13 18:30:27

I can't find shoes I can wear bare foot. They rub or get sticky. Or just feel uncomfortable. Not great for summer dresses. . .

yellowhousewithareddoor Mon 22-Apr-13 18:30:52

I'm going to buy some walking Sandal types this year.

PlumSykes Mon 22-Apr-13 18:31:25

Yes, almost always. Is a bugger, isn't it?

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:32:14

Tilly. You lummock. You never wear bare feet with. Shoes?

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:32:43

Thanks for compeed tip

treaclesoda Mon 22-Apr-13 18:34:36

I get this too. I have paper thin skin the tops of my feet and my feet are covered in scars from where my feet have blistered, and it doesn't have to be barefoot either because I can even get blisters with socks and trainers. My podiatrist mentioned it, said she could see the scar tissue all over my feet. It can be agony - sightseeing in a hot country, for example, is a nightmare. Anti friction balm helps a bit but it feels horrible and clammy.

treaclesoda Mon 22-Apr-13 18:36:28

That post is barely readable. Sorry. Phone is being difficult, finding it hard to edit.

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:36:40

I wonder if its linked to skinny dry skin lizard feet

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 18:37:08

No bare feet with shoes. Too painful.

But no socks with sandals. Yet.

And only no knickers with long dresses wink

JamEyelid Mon 22-Apr-13 18:38:03

I wore my new Clarks loafers to town the other day. I didn't want to wear my new DM's as they aren't broken in yet. I though I would be safe wearing them.

Sat here now with 6 blister plasters on.

awkwardsis Mon 22-Apr-13 18:38:23

Only after they've been broken in. You are straying dangerously close to old lady pop sock territory you know...

awkwardsis Mon 22-Apr-13 18:39:03

Before they've been broken in rather. Am clearly ahead of you in the senility stakes

no socks in shoes? eeeeeew. sweaty, and talc is gross.

either wear socks or wear sandals!

Startail Mon 22-Apr-13 18:43:38

Sandals, boots or trainers with socks. All other shoes, with or without out socks hurt!

Every time I see someone in ballet pumps I'm envy when it's my own 12y DD I'm very jealous indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now