is there any escaping daily hairwashing?

(56 Posts)
tumteetum Mon 22-Apr-13 11:19:14

I'm fed up of needing to wash and dry every day, is there any way to make your hair last longer between washing? I have very fine thin hair which easily looks lanky. I tried dry shampoo but doesnt seem to help much

Some one on here recommended Hairfix to me and it is AMAZING. I have fine long hair and it gets greasy really really fast. The 3 step system has made a huge difference to my hair - am currently on day 3 and while I could have done with a wash this morning, it's not a total greaseball as normal.

There is a no lather release/clarifying wash then a shampo and a conditioner (special one for fine hair). Hair is soft, smooth and squeaky clean.
I only use the release once a week but the shampoo and conditioner are brill and I use them each time I wash my hair (along with one wash of PK itchy scalp shampoo).

Now a holy grail product for me - they do tester sizes so you can try it out before spending £££

twentythirteen Mon 22-Apr-13 23:03:36

Go on holiday? I find being in hot dry countries is great and I can go for days without becoming greasy whereas in England my hair has a 36 hour window. Or colour it? I used to be able to go two or three days bewteen washed when I coloured my hair!

(sorry no reasonable suggestions but looks like you've had a few of those already! wink)

RustyBear Mon 22-Apr-13 23:08:57

For me, the only thing that worked was getting older... My hair gets far less greasy now, not sure if it's menopause hormones or the change in texture now there's much more grey in it.

PessimisticMissPiggy Mon 22-Apr-13 23:13:02

I used to wash everyday but after a couple of weeks I stretched to two days and now I can go three days with the help of batiste. Partly I think my scalp, hair has got used to it and also my hair is getting more grey.

I have a long bob and fiddle with it all day long.

WallyBantersYoniBox Mon 22-Apr-13 23:15:46

I was stuck in a daily hair wash cycle, and have very fine hair (but volumes of it).

I now wash my hair twice a week, and it's definitely improved the general condition of my scalp too.

Agree with a lot of the different bits of advice.

I only shampoo the scalp with my fingertips, and let the lather rinse through the remaining length to clean it. I never put shampoo anywhere but the scalp.

In reverse I never condition the scalp or first few inches only the ends.

The rule for conditioner I've been told is no more than a 10p piece blob in your palm. If you rub these together in your palms it goes a long way.

I try once a week to let my hair dry naturally without heating up my scalp. I do this before bed, and then straighten in the morning. I've stopped using the straightners close to my head. I think the heat brings out the oils tbh, bringing the lankiness.

The condition will come back if to can try and prolong the washes and let your hair find it's natural oil level I think.

tumteetum Tue 23-Apr-13 09:42:07

Loads of good suggestions guys, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now