Clarins double serum

(40 Posts)
MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Sun 21-Apr-13 22:43:16

I got talked into buying this today. <gullible emoticon>

It's a bit pricey...eek! I don't know whether I should return it!

Has anybody tried this and what did/do you think?

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Tue 25-Jun-13 19:29:35

Jump in, bird....you know you waaaant to! The water feels greeeaat!!! wink.

mirai Tue 25-Jun-13 23:54:31

Right first impressions I must say are not good because... It leaks. When I got home from the shop and took it out of its packaging I could tell it had leaked a little, unfortunately however I couldn't take it back to the shop as I was travelling the next day. While travelling I made sure it was upright in my bag the whole way, got to my destination and I've lost a good cm of product from the jar. Reeeeeally annoyed but I can't do a thing about it.

Anyway I shall update once I've actually used the product for a few days!!

lollylaughs Wed 26-Jun-13 08:59:28

I don't understand how it leaked? It has a pump action with a lid on? I think you may have a faulty bottle...

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Wed 26-Jun-13 09:40:21

mirai take it back. You've definitely got a faulty bottle there.

peasandlove Thu 27-Jun-13 10:25:56

ok i bought this today, the Clarins guy nabbed me (I work in a dept store!) and waved a totally awesome gift with purchase package with full sized products in it, so it would have been rude not to get it!

Feathercroft Thu 27-Jun-13 15:14:58

I've just bought Aloe nourishing serum, found out about it through facial lady...smells gorgeous, contains white tea extract. Costs £33 lasts for at least 3months so is a fab buy. It's to maintain youthful skin etc..recommend.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Thu 18-Jul-13 00:55:06

Doh! Forgot to note when my first bottle finished. Was about a week ago.

Anyway...I went a few days of not taking my make up off at night, and hence not using the serum (as I only use it at night), and my skin noticeably deteriorated. Used it for two days and I'm gorgeous again.

Can't recommend this stuff enough.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Tue 23-Jul-13 03:17:26

Why isn't anybody updating? I so expected you guys to be raving about it once you tried it!!

centralmum Tue 23-Jul-13 08:05:24

I have been using it for about 2 weeks. I wouldn't say my skin is glowing but it is improved. I can happily wear no makeup if I choose. I suppose my skin just looks better. Will keep using it.

coffeeinbed Tue 23-Jul-13 08:34:01

here is a full list of the ingredients

Hydro Serum (0.5 ounce) Water, Glycerin, Tapioca Starch, Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Sodium PCA, Sodium Hydroxide, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Pinus Pinaster Bark Extract, Xanthan Gum, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Extract, Tetrasodium Edta, Centella Asiatica Extract, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Citric Acid, Hydrolyzed Sisymbrium Irio Seedcake, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Codium Tomentosum Extract, Acetyl Tetrapeptide-2, Dextran, Potassium Sorbate Lipo Serum (0.5 ounce) Isononyl Isononanoate, Isododecane, Paraffinum Liquidium (Mineral Oil), Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Bisabolol, Sclerocarya Birrea Oil, Fragrance, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Tocopheryl Acetate, Diethylhexyl Adipate, Salicornia Herbacea Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, BHT

the one on the Clarins website is not comprehensive, they focus on the ones that they think will sell.

I'm glad to hear it's working for some, I'm still not happy to put mineral oil on my face, when I can avoid it and for that price.

I do use other Clarins products, so am not in any way biased agains them.

shinytoe Tue 23-Jul-13 12:45:24

What's wrong with mineral oil?

coffeeinbed Tue 23-Jul-13 16:38:14

It does nothing for you.
It makes the skin feel temporarily smooth, but has no benefits for it. It's used mostly because it's cheap, consistent in quality and long lasting and easy to buy.
A better alternative would be plant oils - which are expensive, vary in quality by supplier, get rancid and so on.

It's pretty much the old butter/margarine debate, except in cosmetic terms.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Mon 29-Jul-13 19:03:52

Tbh I'd pay £100 for the effect it gives me! And yes, it IS temporary, because when I've been naughty for a few days not using it my skin goes back to ordinary.

MyChildDoesntNeedSleep Sun 08-Sep-13 22:01:52

Hmm, my glow seems to have disappeared. I've not been that great at sticking to my twice daily cleansing and toning regime, but I HAVE been using the serum at least once a day. This tells me it must be the combination of the two that was doing it, not just the serum.

FloraFoxley Sun 08-Sep-13 22:20:42

I'm a self professed beauty junkie and have recently finished a bottle of this.

It's ... Ok. Nothing more than that really. I'm fanatical about my beauty regime and I'd use the double serum after the Blue Orchid Oil ( now this is good stuff !! ) and before my moisturiser. I used it all so it must have been alright but I wasn't wowed by it and I think there's better out there for the price.

I'm currently using Philosophy Full of Promise duo serum which is similar in price at £52 but I feel the ingredients are more powerful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now