I need to look a decade younger in 24 hours!

(24 Posts)
SugarMiceInTheRain Sun 21-Apr-13 21:59:01

Ridiculous as it sounds, I have an audition tomorrow in which I am required to play a 19 year old. I'm 32. confused Do any of you wise ladies have any tips to make me look as fresh faced as possible?

BeckAndCall Sun 21-Apr-13 22:00:40

How about you get wasted tonight and go in with an almighty hangover? You'd look like a lot of teenagers then......

chocolatespiders Sun 21-Apr-13 22:11:14

Sleep with roseoil on your face

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 01:07:14

Put fake freckles on your face tomorrow, with a brown pencil, and use very little foundation, use concealer under your eyes, and brush your eyebrows, so that they are bushier. Use eyelash curlers and use mascara on the middle of your lashes, over your pupils. Don't give yourself cats eyes shape to your eye: you're looking for a wide eyed look.

Break a leg.

LeoandBoosmum Mon 22-Apr-13 01:25:54

Pink is associated with youth so put a pop of pink blush on your cheeks (if I were you I'd use tinted moisturizer if you have good skin and a pop of pink blush (cream formula) on the apples of your cheeks. Glossy lips look youthful but don't over do it, you just want them to look full and dewy. VenusRising is right in that eyelash curlers really open up the eye and give a wide awake look. Don't overdo the eye makeup, just a little mascara and a nice neutral, nude eye shadow. smile

ExRatty Mon 22-Apr-13 01:38:18

yy to the eyebrows being bushier
maybe a bit shinier?
use concealer at outside edge of eye too

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 22-Apr-13 08:42:09

Thanks, good tips there smile I can do eyelash curling, tinted moisturiser and pink blush. I already have freckles so that's one thing in my favour. My eyebrows are virtually invisible, may have to fill them in a bit I guess confused

grin BeckandCall my friends' suggestions were to sport a muffin top and to spend the whole time on my phone, ignoring the director.

LemonPeculiarJones Mon 22-Apr-13 08:45:27

Wear lighter colours and maintain a high energy. I think posture and movements (quick, light, energised) and a readiness to laugh and be responsive are associated with youth.

But as an actress you'll have that side of things nailed smile

dopeysheep Mon 22-Apr-13 08:52:55

Have you perfected the sideways eye roll?
Take a set of straighteners in and ask to plug them in somewhere really silly, like the director's car.
Produce endless bars of chocolate and allow the wrappers to fall like autumn leaves around your feet.

googietheegg Mon 22-Apr-13 08:54:09

Wash and blow dry hair not too straight and wear in a highish ponytail.

Maybe wear jeans, converse and a Tshirt?

Good luck!!!

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 09:11:48

Ha ha dopey! Excellent!
And loving the suggestions from sugar... yy ignore the director, unless she looks very cross, then be faux contrite smile

VenusRising Mon 22-Apr-13 09:13:55

Btw, chocolatespiders, does the roseoil work? Does it you all spotty, or dewey?

SugarMiceInTheRain Mon 22-Apr-13 13:59:14

grin at the sideways eye roll/ chocolate wrappers/ straighteners. I should probably at this point state it's a period play so not expected to act like a modern-day teenager, just need to make myself look younger.

Thanks Lemon that's interesting about lighter colours. I had been thinking of wearing black skinny jeans and ballet flats. I look awful in pastels but probably have some brighter coloured tops in my wardrobe...

chocolatespiders Mon 22-Apr-13 17:02:15

When I remember to apply it it def makes a difference and I am not spotty- I got mine from Amazon. I also put it on my chest

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Mon 22-Apr-13 18:03:14

spots will be useful no?

almostanotherday Mon 22-Apr-13 18:36:57

Can you plait your hair?

SugarMiceInTheRain Tue 23-Apr-13 08:50:47

Well, thank you for your tips. I got the part smile Got to practise a Northern accent confused and learn my lines quickly now...

Fuckitthatlldo Tue 23-Apr-13 08:59:09

Oh brilliant SugarMice! Well done and congrats smile

LemonPeculiarJones Tue 23-Apr-13 09:14:42

Whoa! Well done you! smile

mumblechum1 Tue 23-Apr-13 09:25:52

Congratulations! Go t' foot of ower stairs, and ooh my giddy aunt.

VenusRising Tue 23-Apr-13 10:44:48

Ehh up, well done!
Thanks for the tips spiders x

almostanotherday Tue 23-Apr-13 21:25:32

Congrats wine

PenelopePortrait Tue 23-Apr-13 21:36:29

Eh up. Good for you our lass. Proper made up foh yer.

SorrelForbes Tue 23-Apr-13 21:43:28

Well done! I'm a bit late to the thread but was going to recommend natural make-up with some rosy pink blush. I had an audition recently for the part of an 18 year old in a musical. I'm 43 [deluded].

What's the play?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now