OK, I know some people don't bother but, for those that do, what pants do you wear under gym wear?

(71 Posts)
NorbertDentressangle Sun 21-Apr-13 20:54:50

What do you wear under tight capri length leggings type gym wear.

I just can't go commando, doesn't seem (or feel) right but on the other hand VPL bothers me. I don't do thongs either.

Is there such a thing as cotton, non-VPL big pants that don't end up in the wrong place IYSWIM?

TheBuskersDog Mon 22-Apr-13 20:43:29

Thongs are fine if they are big enough, they only dig in/go right up your bum if they are too small.
I have never considered not wearing anything under my tights when running, just like I don't go commando under normal tights just because they have a gusset in them.
Also I don't necessarily wash my running tights every single time I wear them, e.g I've just done a short run and know I'll be going again the next day, I'd have to wash after every wear if I didn't wear knickers.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 20:14:41

No good under jeans - best under floaty dresseswink

Gerrof Mon 22-Apr-13 20:11:10

Oh I don't like camikmickers, I nicked some of my daughters to wear under jeans, that was a mistake.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 20:10:04

No, the g string just sits where it should. It's the big (or even bikini-style) knickers that get stuck up your bum - I find them soooo uncomfortable.

Cami knickers are lovely. But not good for VPL.

Gerrof Mon 22-Apr-13 20:05:32

Well it must be comfortable because you wear one. I would be too scared to try. I would spend the whole session hoiking the g string out of the area. Glam.

Gerrof Mon 22-Apr-13 20:04:36

I missed that bigtilly! That can't be comfortable. Bloody treadmilling it with a cheese wire g string on <Lemon face>

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 19:54:21

There you are. I always go home to change. I never see this hell

EleanorFarjeon Mon 22-Apr-13 19:52:30

I have just been to the gym and cast a furtive eye over the other after work gym types in the changing room (who now think I'm odd).

I saw several pants removed before tight gym bottoms were put on, apart from one who changed into quite baggy bottoms & kept her (massive) knicks on.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 19:38:29

Me, Gerroff!grinblush

Is it a really big social faux pas?

NorbertDentressangle Mon 22-Apr-13 19:37:20

LadyMountbatten grin -my Yoni is staying firmly in my pants thank you very much!

Gerrof - I like the idea of NASA flitting between space travel one minute and then gym wear to keep your Yoni contained the next .

Gerrof Mon 22-Apr-13 19:23:26

Commando. But the material my shorts are made of is probably designed by NASA or something. Nothing will split those babies,

I couldn't for the life of me wear knickers under really tight gym shorts. And who the hell would wear a thong and then go to the gym?

Mind you this is probably why the sweaty blokes stand at the back in body pump. Waiting for someone's shorts to split during lunges.

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 22-Apr-13 19:21:59

I have jogged behind people with no pants under their tights - it's fine until you notice, then you just think "They are running around with no pants on!"

I would find a tad of VPL reassuring tbh.

BanoffeeSplitz Mon 22-Apr-13 19:19:43

It's never occurred to me that the gusset inside my running tights might be a substitute for pants shock. Nor can I contemplate running in a thong.

Usually wear a swimming cossie underneath (because I like to swim after), which is more comfortable than pants (no waistband). But my figure is nowhere near svelte enough not to wear a baggy top over, even if it's just a baggy vest.
Otherwise just basic cheap seamfree pants.

I like pants so i can attach my panty liner to them!

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 18:35:23

We've been
Through your gushing vaginal discharge before you lot !
Tilly! No shoes without socks no trousers sans pants,,?! ;)

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 18:25:07

Uptight?grin

I'm more concerned with, erm, leakages which might show <boak>

Abzs Mon 22-Apr-13 18:18:26

Now slightly concerned that I must have sweaty nethers (sorry, tmi) blush because I cannot wear cotton pants for exercise.

Should I also be more concerned about vpl?

Oh dear

Abzs Mon 22-Apr-13 18:12:35

Sorry, for late reply, but heavens no! Not like those! Mine are normal brief shaped.

MrsHoarder Mon 22-Apr-13 16:13:06

I wear the shorts style ones. So what if you have VPL, all they will know is that you are wearing pants, its hardly scandalous.

BIWI Mon 22-Apr-13 16:06:57

grin

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 16:04:59

let your Yoni run FREEEE

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 15:59:13

You lot are so uptight

Chandon Mon 22-Apr-13 15:46:16

hope you like them, I have some that are 5 years old and still in shape.

worth the money, IMO

NorbertDentressangle Mon 22-Apr-13 13:41:58

Well I've ordered some cotton non-VPL Sloggi briefs/shorts so will see how I get on with those.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 13:19:12

I would never go commando - eeeeuuuuwwww!

I generally wear a thong (can't stand my bum eating my knickers, but i would say wear a colour close to your gymwear as I realised the other day that there were two (very small) holes in my ancient bottoms, revealing my white undies!blush Black undies wouldn't have shown at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now