5ft 8ins, size 10 and 53 years old. Dress me, please.

(6 Posts)
alicepicalo Sun 21-Apr-13 18:31:50

What on earth can I wear that doesn't make me look muttonish or like a bag lady?

I've lost the plot where fashion is concerned and don't know how to dress well. Tend to wear ill fitting Next jeans and a baggy top with an anorak shock

Theres a glamouous, sexy women in there waiting to get out if only she could figure out what to wear.

Just need clothes for going out for pub meals etc, round the shops and the like.

Sounds like you have a great figure.

How about just starting with something straightforward like some jeans, a t, and a jacket and scarf?

But then I think it does downs a bit on your shape and style type.

What shape are you and what kinds of clothes are you drawn to?

suebfg Sun 21-Apr-13 19:50:08

I suggest you start by buying a nice jacket - a jersey blazer or something like the below (which I've just ordered but not received/tried on yet). If you like wearing jeans, you will feel smarter with a jacket I think.

www.mintvelvet.co.uk/-stone-&-ivory-spot-peplum-jacket-/jackets/mint-v/fcp-product/2732

DewDr0p Sun 21-Apr-13 19:55:52

YY to the jersey blazer. With better jeans and some simple tops that would be a really easy place to start. Maybe some ankle boots too?

At 5'8" and size 10 I think you will have lots of choice of things to make you look great. What shape are you OP? Which bits of you do you like best? Are there any bits you prefer to distract attention from?

hollyisalovelyname Sun 21-Apr-13 21:48:32

You lucky thing- tall and slim. Go in to Massimo Dutti - classy.
Zara has great stuff too. Also Boden.

IntheFrame Sun 21-Apr-13 21:59:50

I don't think you'll look "muttonish" in most things because you have the figure. Mutton is more about trying to wear clothes that look younger when you can't carry them off (with a middle aged spread or legs that haven't aged well etc).

Pick a style you like and cover up any obvious aged bits. You'll look amazing. Have you got a good hair style though? Reckon that's as important.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now