anyone else got the Boden "secret' email?

(233 Posts)
LadyMountbatten Sat 20-Apr-13 13:18:19

about the sale?

scarlet76 Sat 27-Apr-13 07:03:20

Lady I also like the look of the fluro sandals but am waiting for a reduction. It is against my principles to pay full price for Boden. Ever.
I didn't bother ordering anything in the end.

LifeofPo Fri 26-Apr-13 23:14:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Apr-13 19:21:14

My vests are going back too, fabrics too thin and the necklines too round.

I don't know why I got my hopes up really.

LadyMountbatten Wed 24-Apr-13 17:35:38

All going back.
White vest has granny ish hole at neckline
Cutting back jumper just odd.
Love the pink sandals but they're SO SO FLURO that I'm banking on th being reduced

middleagedspread Wed 24-Apr-13 17:31:30

The Ledbury dress arrived today. It looks dreadful on me, like a 6 year olds school uniform dress.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 24-Apr-13 08:18:11

You could order both sizes if its free returns, then just send back what you don't want.

My vests ought to arrive today.

scarlet76 Wed 24-Apr-13 07:24:12

Lady - am a 6-8 in Boden. Got the 8 as I didn't want there to be any pull on the buttons. It's fine bit suspect the 6 would have been fine too.

redmayneslips Tue 23-Apr-13 20:39:43

Does anyone know if Boden ever out the shoes in a sale? I have my eye on the pewter mary janes for a party later this summer but they are still only 20% off...there seems to be plenty in stock in my size so I am debating holding off as there are a few other things I like the look of that are 50% off at the moment.....hmmmmm

I like the palazzo jumper in navy and the highbury dress in navy spot pattern and the draycott coat in navy - all with a good reduction right now and in my sizes. Think I am talking myself around here :-)

LadyMountbatten Tue 23-Apr-13 17:55:47

did you size up or down?

LadyMountbatten Tue 23-Apr-13 17:54:42

oh i KNOW THAT TYPE.
I have one similar from Ltd Coll a couple of years ago - baggy mohair. the JOY it brings to men is unbridled

scarlet76 Tue 23-Apr-13 17:49:47

Lady I have the button back jumper and thought it rather handy for work.
I work in the Criminal Justice System and my largely male caseload generally don't pass comment on my attire. This jumper is the exception:
'Did you put your cardi on back to front? Fnar Fnar'
'How do you do up all them buttons down your back?'
'Is it meant to be worn that way round?'
I can't deny that it has put me off it a tad!!

middleagedspread Tue 23-Apr-13 17:39:14

I ordered a dress using the special sunday code that kind MNetters messaged me with. Reduced to £42 with the discount.
I received the confirmation email with the full price on & found out they'd already taken the money.
Customer Services were very good, I explained what had happened & they refunded me the difference.

EmpressMaud Tue 23-Apr-13 13:58:52

It was a bit of a shambles really.

I received my 'secret' sale email this morning, but had already visited the site yesterday afternoon and shopped the sale items without the need for any code. The best discounts seemed to be on the knitwear and slightly out of season clothing.

TheDevilsGherkins Tue 23-Apr-13 13:54:52

This was a shambles wasn't it? Everyone getting different 'tiers' of code and comparing notes? So everyone now knows exactly where they stand in the Boden pecking order. My code had no impact at all on website prices, and the whole much fan-fared event amounted to nothing, really. I didn't buy anything - it was all a waste of my time.

Compare and contrast with Zatchels' brilliant, transparent, '50% off the item of your choice' offer. Baukjen do the same from time to time, and I have to say it makes me feel much fonder of them than of Johnnie.

QuiteOldGal Mon 22-Apr-13 16:24:14

Well I got the secret email this morning but as I thought only a couple of pairs of trousers in the sale and then only 20% off and having to pay postage so not good at all. I will be better of using the SIZE code at least all the trousers are 20% off then with free postage as well

Ujjayi Mon 22-Apr-13 14:47:54

I got an email this morning containing a secret sale invite. Just got a few bits for the DCs together with the Ibiza top in yellow and linen ruffle shirt in bellflower for me. Discounts weren't huge though - up to 50% but most items at 20-30 %(button back cardigan being one them *Lady Mountbatten!)

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 11:27:03

it is still working here!

uncongenial Mon 22-Apr-13 10:26:41

SIZE code no longer works, just gives free postage. Same with my 15% off codes too. I wonder if they've stopped them all?

Heavywheezing Mon 22-Apr-13 09:56:40

The code was a655, on Friday or Thursday, they had a code k507 which gave 40% off stuff.

Because some things were already discounted you could add the 20% code to this.

Some stuff had 70% off.

They sent out leaflets with the same offer on them minus delivery on Saturday about the sale but the discounts were still working.

This morning they have stopped the discount, but the code still works although not as good.

And not for the stuff you want. Hopefully everyone I messages used the code last night for bargains, as today I thought they would do this.

practicality Mon 22-Apr-13 09:56:00

grin

noddyholder Mon 22-Apr-13 09:54:59

Boden? Secret?

LifeofPo Mon 22-Apr-13 09:53:18

LadyMountbatten Mon 22-Apr-13 09:51:56

dunno
i looked. I got the button back one for work in the lurid nougat pink.
i am in seventy minds about it

LifeofPo Mon 22-Apr-13 09:51:26

LifeofPo Mon 22-Apr-13 09:51:08

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now