anyone else got the Boden "secret' email?

(233 Posts)
LadyMountbatten Sat 20-Apr-13 13:18:19

about the sale?

scarlet76 Sun 21-Apr-13 09:13:18

Agree with others about rubbish timing - week before payday never make me feel like splashing out.

IsItMeOr Sun 21-Apr-13 09:28:24

Hmm, you could be onto something there scarlet.

cardoon Sun 21-Apr-13 10:30:04

Is it invite only?

LadyMountbatten Sun 21-Apr-13 10:33:08

Well. It's a shit word.

FFS am inaccurate Monday at 9am. This is why I stopped buying from boden, other than stupid lairy prints that scream boden, the kids saying their clothes are way uncool and quality going down, the fact that they obviously think none of us work!

I bloody wanted some maternity tops though!!!!!hmm

Wonder if DH would order them from work????

Now just need to figure out what the bloody word is!! Can someone please PM me, I have an excuse, am terribly uneducated and what brain cells I did have seem to be dying off rapidly with this baby!!!

lottieandmia Sun 21-Apr-13 10:39:22

I got a card - is it everything in the sale for 24 hours?

See am inaccurate??WTF!!

Am at a course!

Please let me have the word guys, am going to get DH to get me some maternity tops!!!!

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Apr-13 13:57:19

It's not a word it's a code, which is what makes me think it is individual. I will pm it to you tomorrow evening after I've bought anything I want (which I provably won't).

Thank you that's fab.

Phaedra11 Sun 21-Apr-13 14:16:59

Boden are obviously absolutely desperate to get those who were disappointed with the Spring/Summer collections to buy something. I wasn't very impressed either, but bought the DSs pyjamas and myself a petite maxi dress because it's pretty difficult to find petite maxi dresses. This has obviously excluded me from the money off vouchers and secret sales.

I was considering buying some Boden basics, maybe some short sleeved tops and/or linen trousers now that the weather's getting warmer, but am put off by the idea that other people are getting them at sale prices envy.

I think I'm going to change my tactics with Boden next season, and not buy anything at all until they've sent me at least two money off vouchers and a secret sale invite!

Phaedra11 Sun 21-Apr-13 14:27:25

I suppose another possibility is that those of us who didn't receive a card live further away from Boden HQ and will get their card on Monday [insert hopeful emoticon here].

I'm not too hopeful though, as it seems to be the same people who got the money off vouchers who received the card.

Chubfuddler Sun 21-Apr-13 14:28:41

Only stuff I have bought from boden in last six months has been clearance so they are obviously trying to tempt me to buy from ss collection.

Belsize77 Sun 21-Apr-13 14:41:28

I just called them to ask if it was targeted and the lady on the phone said no...She said that whatever it is continues to the 1st May. May give the Mini website a try in that case.

So is it like a flash sale?

Will get my list ready, DH can shop for me in the morning!

Phaedra11 Sun 21-Apr-13 15:32:15

Well that's good then.

But why the code?

mejon Sun 21-Apr-13 15:38:09

I didn't get a card or a voucher as I have bought a few things for the DDs. DM who hasn't bought anything for years did get both but she's given them to me (set of pants for DD1 for £7 - thank you very much grin). She also gets catalogues sent almost weekly whereas I never get them.

Heavywheezing Sun 21-Apr-13 15:45:57

I haven't got the card but I have put he code in.
Have any of you tried? If you do it's already giving the discount off.
Joggers £6, t shirts £7' I have seen some at £4.
You have to pay postage though

SolomanDaisy Sun 21-Apr-13 16:07:58

So has everyone got the same code or is it individual?

Heavywheezing Sun 21-Apr-13 16:09:49

It's the same code

Phaedra11 Sun 21-Apr-13 16:18:13

I am getting quite confused about what Boden are offering or not offering now!

Is it something like this? Boden are having a mid-season sale that starts tomorrow and finishes on May 1st. Open to everyone. However, if you are on Johnny's "special" list, you have a card with a code that gives you an extra discount for Monday only. Lots of people know this code but can't tell us because that might prevent them from being able to use it. Fair enough. Or do the special people get the discount on Monday and then the sale starts on Tuesday?

Also, Heavywheezing does not have a card but knows the code. How? And when did shopping get so complicated?!

Heavywheezing Sun 21-Apr-13 16:23:44

Pm me if you'd like the code.
I'm in a group on Facebook for Boden resale, some have the code, and have shared it already.
Yes, it's a secret sale. That's not a secret. It's open to everyone from Tuesday.

Did you get my pm heavy wheezing? I can't work out if it went through or not?

Phaedra11 Sun 21-Apr-13 16:30:57

Heavywheezing, I have PMed you. Thank you so much for sharing and also for explaining!

madammecholet Sun 21-Apr-13 16:34:55

I've PM'd you heavywheezing... thanks! ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now