Please help me find a dress for wedding...

(5 Posts)
MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Apr-13 08:10:20

I am going to a couple of weddings over the summer and want need a new dress.

I'm very pale skinned with long brown hair, 29, 5ft 6, size 10 but have large norks. Im happy with strapless though.I hate my thighs as they are riddled with cellulite so the dress needs to be knee length.

Budget of about £50 but the cheaper the better.

Can you help?

MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Apr-13 13:12:57

Slightly over but a good quality dress. Pied a terre 54. Might be *too* long, though

Too eveningy? Lipsy 35

Also too eveningy? Asos 45

On the knee, 45

Also on the knee, 45

Ruched... 50

Sorry, these are prob. miles out. Only advice I can give is that being the same height as you, I can def. say that you can't go by the pics of the leggy models to know if a dress is going to be long enough or not. I've bought a few online recently that are knee length in the shop pics, but frumpily mid calf on me at the widest bit of my leg. Mind you, this might be irrelevant as I'm not a size 10 so my legs are significantly wider than yours.... grin

LeoandBoosmum Sun 21-Apr-13 01:29:10

Some links from (but worth checking availability at respective online stores and seeing if there are any discount codes flying about!)

This for £55 (could wear a little turquoise cardi and heels, or coral cardi and heels with this)

£55 (v pretty for a wedding)

£45 (model seems to have similar colouring to you)

£65 (gorgeous and looks like you can wear with or without straps)

£57 (tried this on myself - very Marilyn Monroe-like on)

£74.25 (good colour for your colouring and peplum would balance out boobies)

Any good? smile

LeoandBoosmum Sun 21-Apr-13 01:37:18

Also, this... On offer for 25 quid (from £99!)

£41.25 (black but you could accessorise with colour)

Sorry, you'll have to cut and paste...don't know why they're not links confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now