Zatchels flash sale

(581 Posts)
AllTalkNo Fri 19-Apr-13 17:27:23

Zatchels are having a 24 hour 50% off sale tomorrow. It's advertised on their Facebook page. I'm tempted but don't know whether to go for a classic colour (probably the navy) or one of the metallics. Has anyone ordered from them and could you recommend a colour? Thanks!

TheBuskersDog Sat 20-Apr-13 16:46:58

I've ordered a 13" satchel in cornflower blue and a large saddle bag in the brown elephant print as an neutral, everyday bag.

UseHerName Sat 20-Apr-13 16:50:27

do you have to pay import/tax with the post office??

teta Sat 20-Apr-13 16:50:35

Does anyone have the cream reptile satchel?I am strangely drawn to this, or the cracked leather ones.Honey i contacted customer services.They very promptly cancelled the mutiple orders.In fact i was so befuddled,i ended up cancelling all the orders-then had to reorder againblush.

TheBuskersDog Sat 20-Apr-13 17:08:50

UseHerName, I think they are based in Leicester!confused

UseHerName Sat 20-Apr-13 17:13:16

oh BuskersDog, duh blush

twojumpingbeans Sat 20-Apr-13 17:19:21

Oh dear, just ordered the cobalt large saddle bag. Oops. DD1 has the pukes and I have got a bad case of cabin fever. That's my excuse anyway!

I've just ordered a barrel bag ( pale pink ) and a saddle bag ( purple )

Oops ! Just meant to have a look .

Birdies Sat 20-Apr-13 17:26:16

I've ordered a small pastel pink saddle bag. I know someone said earlier to get the large but I only wanted a teeny one for keys, phone and purse. Actually I didn't need one at all. But I got as far as the 'confirm order' page just for fun....and then my finger slipped grin

HandsofaCrone Sat 20-Apr-13 17:33:37

twojumping is it the metallic cobalt saddle bag you ordered, or is there a non-metallic one too?

HandsofaCrone Sat 20-Apr-13 17:34:41

I'm tempted by a pastel pink satchel...but dh thinks it's hideous, which puts me off slightly!

Pinkflipflop Sat 20-Apr-13 18:06:07

I had the metallic red 14.5" one in my basket and ready to go.

Then I realised I didn't actually need another handbag and was only buying it because it was cheap!

Mustn't be so easily lead!

SoYo Sat 20-Apr-13 18:11:31

Oh for pities sake, I'm on crappy stat mat pay and have just ordered 2 bags!!! Got an executive for the hubby (to replace the horrible free bag he uses) and an orange 13" satchel for me! Really couldn't decide which one but the orange won the day! Hope it was the right decision.

topsi Sat 20-Apr-13 18:47:55

oo SoYo, the same as me!

BikingViking Sat 20-Apr-13 18:54:08

Can't decide whether I'm glad to see have seen this thread or not grin

Have been eyeing up their satchels for a while now (as well as looking at bags in general - want to buy my first proper leather bag at the grand old age of 33 blush )

Can't decide between black, navy or graphite in the classic section. I need something that can go with pretty much everything and would be using it mainly for work (although live in Scandinavia so more relaxed work style here than in the UK)

Am currently leaning towards the graphite (would that maybe age slightly better than black?)

Those of you who have tried them - how annoying is the stiffness?

Katz Sat 20-Apr-13 18:54:31

Still not decided cornflower blue or red?

JamEyelid Sat 20-Apr-13 19:09:58

Stiffness is very annoying to start with especially at the buckles but my red one has softened up nicely.

I ordered the chestnut brown one this morning and trying very hard not to cave and buy another one!

twojumpingbeans Sat 20-Apr-13 19:10:32

I ordered the metallic one handsofacrone was torn between that and pewter. Have been after a lovely metallic leather that isn't gold or silver... Don't think I saw a matte one in a cobalt shade.

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 19:29:15

Ordered a big old 17.5" satchel in red for work. Went to work yesterday juggling laptop bag, lunch and about 5 carrier bags, thinking it was time to get a new work bag. Won £50 on the work charity lottery! Looked at Cambridge Satchels last night - too pricey Then, as if magic, this thread came along. smile . Thank you OP, you've made a lot of people very happy.

HoneyStAngelo Sat 20-Apr-13 19:31:03

I've just messaged them to ask if I can add a gothic lace barrel bag to my order! This deal is too good to miss and instead of buying numerous crap bags throughout the year that will add up to a lot more than this, I've bought a few good quality bags instead.

I must have that gothic lace!!!! I hope they let me add to my order.

They've extended the sale to 5pm tomorrow.

TheCrackFox Sat 20-Apr-13 19:36:02

Woo hoo. They have extended their sale till 5pm tomorrow!!! Thank God as I still can't choose which colour.

BikingViking Sat 20-Apr-13 19:36:44

Thanks JamEyelid.

I was also quite drawn to the red - has yours aged well? Also, I once used a red leather bag and the colour rubbed off on my clothes - have you had any problems with that happening?

Gah - can't decide on colour!

Roobot Sat 20-Apr-13 19:41:55

Have been umming and ahhhing over satchels for a while, so thanks op! I ordered the little chestnut one, and a yellow with polka dots saddle bag for the summer!!

TheCrackFox Sat 20-Apr-13 19:42:05

I have whittled it down to red, green or yellow. Red, though, seems to be creeping ahead.

JamEyelid Sat 20-Apr-13 19:45:02

Yes it has, the leather has softened up but not lost shape and it has no marks on it even though I have been quite rough with it.

I have never noticed any red marks but I do wear a lot of dark colours so I could have missed it if it did.

I'm jumping between green and yellow at the moment and ignoring DP saying I don't need another one.

Olivermoliver Sat 20-Apr-13 19:45:21

Sorry, been out most of the day, enjoying the sun! Its a metallic cobalt one I ordered, can't see any non metallic ones in this colour.

www.zatchels.com/bags/cobalt-metallic-leather-saddle-bag.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now