Zatchels flash sale

(581 Posts)
AllTalkNo Fri 19-Apr-13 17:27:23

Zatchels are having a 24 hour 50% off sale tomorrow. It's advertised on their Facebook page. I'm tempted but don't know whether to go for a classic colour (probably the navy) or one of the metallics. Has anyone ordered from them and could you recommend a colour? Thanks!

I ordered the yellow 16" satchel bag excited!

teta Sat 20-Apr-13 12:26:03

I have just inadvertently ordered 3 in tha same pastel cornflower blue and with the same personalised message for my dd's 14th birthday.I submitted my information several times,then got no confirmation message and that my cart was empty.I assumed that the order hadn't gone through and so repeated this a couple more times-still didn't seem to work[no security questions or anything].Have just found 3 order no's in my e mail <ARGH>.Have frantically sent a message to customer services.

JazzDalek Sat 20-Apr-13 12:51:23

Thanks for this - I've ordered one (16" satchel in Graphite, boring, but I need something strong and sober and practical!)

Olivermoliver Sat 20-Apr-13 12:53:15

Thanks for this, have just ordered the (very bright) cobalt blue saddle bag that I've been eying up for ages! I had a few issues getting the order through including the empty card message but got there in the end. Wonder how long they will take to arrive.

JazzDalek Sat 20-Apr-13 13:09:42

I wondered that Olivermoliver so checked their FAQs:

"How long will it take between placing my order and receiving my bag?

Currently most orders are being despatched within ten to fourteen working days of placing your order. However, each of our bags is handmade to order; we do not carry stock so please be aware that at times of particularly high demand your bag could take up to 30 days to be despatched as we may be awaiting your leather. Rest assured that your bag will be posted out by next day delivery as soon as it is finished and you will receive an email to let you know it is on it's way."

I imagine also that they'll have a glut of orders to get through because of this sale, so we're probably looking at 2-3 weeks?

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 13:13:02

Oh goodness, cornflower blue, red, purple or silver...?

HandsofaCrone Sat 20-Apr-13 13:13:57

oliver I can't find any cobalt blue ones on the website except the metallic cobalt satchel - please could you link to the one you got? Cambridge satchels do a gorgeous cobalt but it's so expensive!

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 13:28:24

I've been seaching for a cobalt blue one, but not the metallic. That's what i want! the conflower blue is almost the right colour, but not quite.

MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Apr-13 13:30:32

I heart this one

So pretty

I think I may have to (even if I get it and give it to DH to put away for Christmas present but I think I neeeeeeeed it)!

What size for purse, phone, b

MrsWolowitz Sat 20-Apr-13 13:31:06

Pressed post too soon.

What size for purse, phone and book carrying?

QueenMaeve Sat 20-Apr-13 13:36:23

Eek I just came on to post a thread looking for a good cross body bag for a trip to Paris. One of these would be perfect, thanks op

finnbob Sat 20-Apr-13 14:20:24

Thanks for posting OP, I've been hankering after a saddle bag from here for a while, so I ordered the rasberry elephant print one and then threw in a green barrel bag for good measure heehee!

landofsoapandglory Sat 20-Apr-13 14:27:13

I ordered the large saddle bag in navy at 8am this morning before I went out.

BikeRunSki Sat 20-Apr-13 14:29:39

I've been seaching for a cobalt blue one, but not the metallic. That's what i want! the conflower blue is almost the right colour, but not quite.

thriftychic Sat 20-Apr-13 14:35:21

would a gold one be a bad choice ? i am planning to buy some gold sandals / flip flops so..
i am 37 and a bit unfashionably clueless probably

Dumpylump Sat 20-Apr-13 14:41:19

I have pewter metallic satchel that dp gave me for Valentines day. I love it, but it's a little on the big side - he measured the size of a bag I already had, but it's a slouchy one so flops in on itself and doesn't seem as big iykwim?
So, since there's a sake I'm thinking of ordering bother one - I like the cracked leather leopard one, but I'm not sure what size to go for confused

Dumpylump Sat 20-Apr-13 14:41:46

Sake? Sale!

JennySense Sat 20-Apr-13 14:46:15

Which colours folks?
Thinking of a satchel and a saddlebag
Classic colour satchel
More eyecatching saddle bag

YoniMontana Sat 20-Apr-13 14:48:28

Dumpy would you say the pewter is like the online pics? What size was the one you had?

The daffodil yellow looks lovely.

Dumpylump Sat 20-Apr-13 16:33:00

It is like the pics, but nicer in rl, in some lights it almost has a purple tinge. Everybody has commented on what a lovely colour it is. It's the 16 inch one, and it does almost feel like a briefcase.
I'm just not sure whether to go for 11 inch, or the next one up. I've found a few pics online, but I can't find ones where it gives the size of the satchel too, so you can't get an idea of proportions.

HoneyStAngelo Sat 20-Apr-13 16:40:19

Teta, go to their facebook page and for help with your triplicate order. You may get quicker attention than emailing them.

I bought three. Got a 14.5 pastel vlue for my daughter. A pastel cream 13 with handle and detachable strap for me then I went a bit silly and ordered another one, a pastel pink 13 without handle because.... Well it was just so pretty!

I've justified it by saying over and over, you won't see them this cheap again!

HoneyStAngelo Sat 20-Apr-13 16:42:02

Dumpy lump, this is the 11.5

http://www.zatchels.com/blog/2011/10/249/

TheCrackFox Sat 20-Apr-13 16:43:54

Right, I am definitely ordering a chestnut saddle bag AND a classic satchel but can't decide what colour. I know, first world problem.

HoneyStAngelo Sat 20-Apr-13 16:46:28

Surfdome have their own models showing the bags so you can get an accurate idea of size

www.surfdome.com/zatchels_satchels_-_zatchels_classic_leather_satchel_-_cornflower-125786

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now