Eyebrow tattoo. Any recommendations in London area?

(31 Posts)
Barbie1 Thu 18-Apr-13 18:44:23

15 years ago i trained as a beauty therapist.

We practiced waxing eyebrows on each other...a lot!

Mine have never recovered, I have used almost everything to make them thicker and to fill them in.

I'm moving to a humid country and don't want my eyebrows to slide onto my cheeks by mid day smile

Whistle stop trip to London planned in June so I want to get something booked ASAP.

Any recommendations?

I'll PM you both her telephone number.

DerbyNottsLeicsNightNanny Mon 22-Apr-13 16:44:53

I have contacted Karen Betts as she can get to Nottingham which is near me, she charges £795 for lips - this sounds a lot to me, waiting on prices for brows & eye liner. Does anyone know someone who has actually used her? Her website info sounds fab but I guess anyone can make a great website! (sorry to hijack thread!)

pineapplecrush Sat 27-Apr-13 23:16:26

I had my eyebrows done by Karen Betts 4 years ago. They were nicely done although they do look dramatically dark at first - be warned! They do fade well. Only problem was I found her unprofessional - was kept waiting over 2 hours - there were a lot of us waiting in the Pontefract hair salon she uses (treatment room is upstairs). One woman actually walked out. Not offered a drink or anything on one of the hottest days of the year. Her prices are very expensive. When my treatment time came at about 5pm, Karen took me and another woman upstairs together and flitted between us doing our treatments with no hint of an apology and asked me what the customer who walked out had said. So, yes, she is good but I'm afraid customer service skills were non existent.
Very different to the glossy website, moneygrabbingish.

Barbie1 Sun 28-Apr-13 19:52:39

Pineapple, thanks for sharing your experience. Funnily I called her and wasn't impressed with the telephone conversation. I had pretty muh ruled her out after that.

Linzy74 Wed 04-Dec-13 16:02:18

I went to Heidi Worman last time, I would say she is the best. https://m.facebook.com/PermanentMakeupUK/mediaset?album=pb.84205496558.-2207520000.1384846752.&__user=798390617

She has a very good reputation .

lookatmybutt Wed 04-Dec-13 16:16:29

Seeing as this thread has been reanimated I'm going to say, as someone with tattoos and piercings, that this is a really stupid idea.

a) beauticians are not tattoists and are mostly very poor at it
b) it will fade because of the nature of the skin on your face, and it will fade patchy and look like shit
c) the prices charged are a pisstake
d) if something goes wrong, you're stuck with it

I've known and met a few people that have had it done and it looked awful every single time. Very few people will be callous enough to tell you how awful it looks because they will likely know you have spent a lot and you can't do anything about it.

But hey, if you want to look like a scabby clown then go for it. It's not like they invented brow kits/pencils or anything. Even a tint job is better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now