Spring-cleaning ourselves! A new thread for Fabulizers

(31 Posts)
TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 18:04:11

I couldn't find the old one sad so thought I would start a new thread for spring!

Hello.... Is there anyone still here...?

Apologies for my extended absence, life keeps getting in the way. But as summer is on its way (supposedly - it seems to be monsoon season this morning) I need some fabulizing motivation again.

I have been buying dresses, which is completely unnatural behaviour for me. I bought butterfly dress first to wear to my inlaws' golden wedding anniversary lunch, but I was so impressed at how flattering it was, and in a size 10(!) too, that I went back and bought tribal print one too. I also bought a cropped denim jacket to dress it down a bit for daytime, and have just ordered these sandals in the hope that they will be comfy, not too frumpy and go with everything.

Other than that I have been religiously defuzzing, exfoliating and applying gradual tan moisturiser ready for when the sun comes out. Well, I live in hope...

ShebaQueen Tue 23-Apr-13 20:28:12

Hi Ali, wasn't it a gorgeous day? Your outfit sounds lovely, I need to lose some weight before I can bare the tops of my arms but I have started dry skin brushing to try to improve my skin tone.

Have a good evening smile

Alibabaandthe40nappies Tue 23-Apr-13 10:01:26

Morning everyone smile Sun is shining here which is lovely - I have my arms out!

Teal skinnies again, and then a black cotton vest and a long charcoal linen t-shirt/tunic thing from H&M. I wonder if I should have gone for a smaller size, I could do with a bit of 'in' at the waist.

Scales are heading downwards grin

Oh and I blow-dried my hair properly so I look all sleek and groomed.

PreciousPuddleduck Sun 21-Apr-13 20:44:42

Cannot find the time
Silly iPad

PreciousPuddleduck Sun 21-Apr-13 20:43:58

Hi, can I join you too? I have an almost 1 year old DD, am back at work and feeling overwhelmed and struggling to find time to do anything for me. I would like to get back to using my rowing machine but can find the time. Am too lazy to get up earlier to row in the mornings..
On the upside I did get my eyebrows threaded for the first time in ages this weekend. Trying to resist a wine ...

ShebaQueen Sun 21-Apr-13 20:35:19

Ooh can I join please? I need to lose some wieght but I want to do it by cutting back on portions and walking more rather than a full on diet and exercise programme which will only last 24 hours knowing me.

I also want to stop wearing black all the time, I have a work "uniform" and a weekend "uniform" so I have vowed to have a clear out and buy some new clothes for a capsule wardrobe - I keep reading about those.

For skincare and grooming I want to develop a routine.

Anyway you have inspired me to get started smile

googietheegg Sun 21-Apr-13 19:14:31

Oh and trampy I'm loving your outfit. Today I had denim skirt, grey cable tights, Breton and green cardi with biker boots.

googietheegg Sun 21-Apr-13 19:13:25

Yay Turnip! Soooo pleased you were looking fabulous for that particular occasion!

Trampy - I have shoulder length dark blond layered with highlights hair, sort of straight/bit wavy/bit meh - can look great with bbh/tongs but I hardly ever have time so end up with topknot or ponytail. Need easy hairstyle ideas really.

TrampyPants Sat 20-Apr-13 15:20:12

Welcome to all! Today I met MIL in town for a cuppa (with ds) and a spot of shopping. I wore a pea green a-line skirt, black and cream striped top, a wide tan waist belt and low tan knee highs. I felt bloody marvelous. Sadly, my ribs and hips started hurting, so I'm in leggings and a top now, on the sofa drinking peppermint tea.

Ali, outfit sounds really, really nice! The great thing about this thread is it's all baby steps. You add things into your routine as you go along.

Frilly, hair sounds lovely, and well done on the pomegranate juice!

Googie, what type of style are you looking for? is it all one length, would layers work?

Thought, thats what we are for! inspiration and support. on the first fabulizing thread one poster remarked that her dh and dc's were the most important people in her lives, but she never dresses like it. And thats my problem. Left to my own devices I'm lazy and scruffy. But, I've developed some really good habits now.

Turnip, am envy ate the facial, and grin at the ow. I love when that happens. I went to a christening where my ex was with his new lady, and I looked bloody fab. He even commented on how great I looked. Ha! even if we are still friends, its still nice to look better than i did when he dumped me

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 20-Apr-13 14:48:11

Turnip - yay for looking sleek and pulled together, especially when faced with the OW.

Today I'm wearing teal skinnies and a white with red stripes breton. Mac again for outside, and pumps.
Not 100% happy because the pumps happen to be teal and blue, so feet and legs were a bit matching, but for the moment I don't have any others.

TurnipCake Sat 20-Apr-13 10:52:11

Hello fabulisers!

I'm going to see a play today with a friend, then we're going out for cocktails. Much needed, considering I had a seminar day with work and came face-to-face with the woman my ex cheated on me with and left me for, and then another co-worker suggested we all go for a nice catch-up drink... Note: I looked sleek and pulled together that day, tips from the other thread helped, so thank you!

I had a lovely facial last week, I booked in for a 60 min facial but the lovely lady who does them gave me an offer which resulted in a longer facial for less money!

I think I'm going to wear black skinny jeans today with boots and a bright top smile

thoughtsbecomethings Sat 20-Apr-13 10:49:18

I really need to make more of an effort ..... Every day grin

Alibabaandthe40nappies Sat 20-Apr-13 10:27:15

Didn't have any wine last night and got a decent night's sleep. Didn't do full evening skincare because I decided to have a panic attack hmm and just wanted to get to bed.

Have plucked eyebrows this morning and remembered hand cream.

frillyflower Fri 19-Apr-13 22:48:50

Have resisted wine and drunken pomegranate juice instead.

Feel very smug - I mean good!

suebfg Fri 19-Apr-13 21:01:02

Well, I've already caved and am enjoying wine but I might stop at one instead of having several smile

googietheegg Fri 19-Apr-13 20:53:04

Bob sounds good Frilly. Less keen on the no booze rule though.

My dd is still in the pulling hair phase so a bob may be impractical. I also have a ball-shaped head. hmm

frillyflower Fri 19-Apr-13 18:59:16

Hi Googie. I hav just had hair cut into cute bob and highlighted blonder for summer. Feel better.

frillyflower Fri 19-Apr-13 18:57:01

Ok am going to drink tea when I get home in the evening and then just water with meals.

Will try to drink at least 1.5 l water per day and walk for 30 minutes.

Will think blotchy lardball every time I am tempted by cake, pudding and wine.

googietheegg Fri 19-Apr-13 18:45:32

Fake tan shock

googietheegg Fri 19-Apr-13 18:45:02

Can I be in your gang? Have a nearly one year old dd and now getting ready for my first post-pregnancy summer a bit floppier than before. Did a fake tab two nights ago but just have blotchy knees and Very Brown Feet.

I've for about half a stone to lose too and need ideas for non mum hair as I just put it up in a topknot everyday hmm

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 19-Apr-13 17:37:51

Trampy - yes that is exactly it. Sleek and pulled together! I don't want to look like I've tried too hard either. There is a mum at school who always looks fabulous, but she clearly spends an awful lot of time on hair and makeup each day, not to mention her outfits.

I saw a woman in John Lewis this time last year. She was probably about 55, and greying naturally. She had her hair pulled back in a ponytail, minimal make up and lovely simple clothes that really suited her. If it wasn't for the few lines near her eyes she could have been 25/30. But she had that self-confidence that younger women lack, she really looked amazing and made a huge impression on me!

sue, that sounds like a lovely couple of weeks smile

Ok first steps for me are,
- alternate tea with hot water and lemon, and no cups of tea after the DSs are in bed.
- use cleanse and polish every evening.

suebfg Fri 19-Apr-13 16:54:15

Yes, it really has made a difference. I hope I can keep it up now smile

TrampyPants Fri 19-Apr-13 16:50:03

frilly, cutting back on wine will help enormously, and I know exactly what you mean. I see these sleek, groomed, pulled together women and I feel like a goblin next to them. I will be one of them, I will!

sue, it makes a huge difference, doesn't it? the first couple of weeks were tough, but now I don't miss it at all. I have a good stock of herbal teas and dont touch caffeine or chocolate after 2pm.

suebfg Fri 19-Apr-13 16:32:59

I've been off work for a couple of weeks, have cut down on caffeine, no alcohol, been out for lots of walks and I can already see a vast improvement in my skin. I think it is probably down to the combination of all these things.

frillyflower Fri 19-Apr-13 16:31:29

Hello! I would like to lose about 10 pounds and tone up my horrible stomach. I would like to be fitter and I would like to stop my terrible eating habits (eat v little all day then stuff down bread cake and wine of an evening). In fact I think I will cut out wine except for special occasions.

Want to feel like sleek panther woman instead of doughy lardball. That's all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now