Have Had The Best Hair Cut/Colour Ever [smile]

(39 Posts)
LaQueen Thu 18-Apr-13 17:03:59

Now...I can't prove this, as I don't have access to a camera right now.

But, I love love love my new hair cut/colour. It's soooooooo flattering smile

Basically, it's just like Meg Ryan's hair in French Kiss, with really lovely ash-blonde/silvery hi-lights.

Had it cut and coloured on Tuesday, and had lots of compliments - and even better it looks just as good when I wash/blowdry it, too.

Have suffered with a few hair mishaps this last year or two, so pleased to have got it exactly right, again.

I luffs it so much [preens infront of mirror]

So plze tell all....which hairdressers?cost?stylist? And in a stalking voice .....where?
What did you ask for and if I ask for that will it be done ( even though I have brunette or according to L,oreal mahogany hair smile smile

Photo plze ( too much too much mutter mutter )

kerstina Thu 18-Apr-13 17:36:59

Oh yes please put a photo up. Really envy you I have not had a haircut I have been really really happy with since I was 16. It sounds lovely I loved Meg Ryans hair.

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 17:48:33

Isn't it great when that happens? really boosts your confidence.

After a disastrous haircut a few years back, I only use the same place now. highlights or full colour, wash and blowdry is only £30 and a cut as well is an extra tenner. better than some far pricier places I've tried.

reelingintheyears Thu 18-Apr-13 18:22:04

I love Meg Ryan's hair.

Did you go to the same place as your friend OP?

Sh1ney Thu 18-Apr-13 18:25:57

Take great care.

Once you hit 40 meg Ryan can look more like Denise welch.

I don't have these worries. I'm naturally gorgeous

FuckThisShit Thu 18-Apr-13 18:32:36

LaQ - did your friend's amazing haircut inspire you? And is yours better? After all you did (tongue in cheeks, I'm sure) call her a bitch and say ou wanted to ban good haircuts grin

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 18:32:42

Sh1ney, troostory. sad

Sh1ney Thu 18-Apr-13 18:36:23

What me being gorgeous? Yes - it's a millstone round my neck

I need to see a pic of this haircut

tass1960 Thu 18-Apr-13 18:36:59

OMG - I'm the exact opposite - I had mine done today and it is the worst EVER - will have to wear a bag over my head for a week or so sad

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 18:41:52

Sh1ney, both points. wink

Tass, oh crap! whats wrong with it?

reelingintheyears Thu 18-Apr-13 18:42:29

Any pics tass?

The OP isn't obliging.

tass1960 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:00:23

The cut is shit the colour is shit and my hair is greasy as something really greasy - have been going to this hairdresser for years so not sure wtf has happened today - I think whatever product they used has caused the greasiness - am hoping when I wash and dry it tomorrow things will seem better hmm

tass1960 Thu 18-Apr-13 19:01:26

Oh and definitely no pics - just glad I wasn't going out tonight wink

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 19:18:45

I'm sure it looks better than you think. I sympathise though, when I had The Worst Haircut Ever, I cried every night til dh marched me to my cousins and asked her to sort it out. Will upload a pic, mners on my fb (and were on my old thread) have already seen it. It was bloody awful.

ArtexMonkey Thu 18-Apr-13 19:51:04

Oh I can't do short hair at all. I don't have access to a camera now, but take my word for it I look just like jane birkin in the 60s wink

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 19:59:08

here it is 1st pic, obv.

nellyjelly Thu 18-Apr-13 20:02:53

I love Meg Ryan's hair. Actually my hair is similiar to hers but just noy quite right.......need a good cut too.

tass1960 Thu 18-Apr-13 20:52:33

Re: 1st pic, obv.

Think mine might be on a par with your pic - luckily i couldn't give a shit - it'll grow - might have to rethink my hairdresser though to avoid a repeat grin

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 21:02:21

That is bad!

Probably best grin. If you are in shropshire, can recommend my hairdresser!

LaQueen Thu 18-Apr-13 21:12:59

Yep, I went to the same stylist as my friend, and basically asked for the same cut/colour.

£97 for cut/half head of hi-lights. Essensuals in Nottingham.

I don't have any photos...our camera is in DH's offices. But, take my word, honestly...it is such a good cut smile

My hair hasn't been good for a couple of years. Been really unhappy with the colour, the cuts have never been quite right...so relived to have got it sorted.

TrampyPants Thu 18-Apr-13 21:25:09

I know the feeling, I became so disillusioned that I ended up dying and trimming my own hair, including cutting in a fringe.

LaQueen Thu 18-Apr-13 21:28:17

Me too Trampy.

Getting into Nottingham seemed a pain from here, so I tried some local places, and they bodged my hair several times...I even bought a packet colour (that really didn't end well).

timidviper Thu 18-Apr-13 21:39:02

Mine is horrid at the moment. It is very fine and thin so I keep it short and cut so it is wider at the top and tapers in to my ears at the front and into the neck at the back (if that makes sense). A different stylist did it last time and it just has no shape. I blow dry it and it is just round, a proper mum-cut! I've even been back and she "reshaped" it but I still hate it.

Colour is nice though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now