spots and glycolic acid

(21 Posts)
oopsadaisymaisy Wed 17-Apr-13 21:45:34

I get a face full of red spots after I've done a treatment. Anyone else? They go away but its not very nice. Has anyone seen a difference after 6 weeks of treatment?

Yonihadtoask Wed 17-Apr-13 21:50:07

I got a couple of small spots after the first treatment. Nowhere near as bad as I was expecting - and I have crap skin.

Did the second peel this weekend, and all is fine.

Have you read the long thread from last year about the acid peel?

oopsadaisymaisy Wed 17-Apr-13 21:53:29

Yoni Yes, it inspired me to get the product. I should find it again and have a read through. Loving your name smile

Yonihadtoask Wed 17-Apr-13 21:53:35

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/style_and_beauty/1432574--sounds-klaxon-30-GA-peel-shizzle-that-you-can-do-at-home

Yonihadtoask Wed 17-Apr-13 21:54:46

Oh. I don't know how to link a thread.

I just searched for - sizzle. posted by seasonofthewitch.

My bottle was purchased back then, but I have only just dared to try it. smile

oopsadaisymaisy Wed 17-Apr-13 21:55:10

I can't open the link, can you send it again please, I'm on my phone.

oopsadaisymaisy Wed 17-Apr-13 21:55:50

Ok, I ll give it a search. Ta

Yonihadtoask Wed 17-Apr-13 21:56:47
HandMini Wed 17-Apr-13 21:57:58

This stuff is great for fine lines and tired looking skin. Not sure about spots though. It's beasty-strong stuff that fizzes off your face...it would be über painful on spots.

babybarrister Wed 17-Apr-13 22:14:35

I am finding it is causing more spots toosad

oopsadaisymaisy Wed 17-Apr-13 22:21:05

I'm on week 4, doing 50% twice a week. I think I'm seeing a little difference. I have a feeling I'm getting spots because I'm not washing the neutraliser off properly. I'm going to stick with it for 2 more weeks. I'm having Botox and fillers for the first time tomorrow. I'm a wee bit scared.

NomDeOrdinateur Wed 17-Apr-13 22:58:49

I remember that happening the first few times I used it - I think it was "purging" (i.e. all the ming coming out) as it stopped after a while, and I stopped getting spots altogether. I now use the 15% glycolic night cream, which is a bit gentler and much more convenient, and I think it makes my skin look better too.

Yonihadtoask Thu 18-Apr-13 07:39:27

oopsadaisy - do you think you are doing too much? I thought it was meant to be a once a week peel?

Maybe your skin is rebelling ;)

oopsadaisymaisy Thu 18-Apr-13 10:51:44

Haha, I went with twice weekly which was what was instructed. My face is fine today. Just about to go in for my Botox. Ooh. I'll update you and let you know if I come out looking any younger. I'm not too hopeful. smile

Yonihadtoask Thu 18-Apr-13 11:19:00

Good luck!

Charliefox Thu 18-Apr-13 12:07:40

Oops, you won't see a difference with Botox straight away but you will with fillers. Yes, please update when you get back!

oopsadaisymaisy Thu 18-Apr-13 16:43:18

Ok, so the nurse looked like the bride of wildenstein (so?) Which made me feel uneasy. Then she tells me she can't do Botox on same day as consultation, so I was pissed off. I did have fillers on nose to mouth, its very very subtle and I bloody loves it. I can't wait to get my elevenses done. She said I'm not to bother with crows feet because they're not too bad. I'm booked in next week for Botox. She also said I should do ga peel every other day for next 2 weeks.

Charliefox Thu 18-Apr-13 17:32:13

Never heard of not doing Botox on same day as consultation but there we go. If you like your fillers, wait til you have Botox! Tis amazeballs grin Can I ask where you went? There's a doc and a receptionist where I go who have over done it - especially the receptionist!!

oopsadaisymaisy Thu 18-Apr-13 18:03:53

No doc on site only nurse prescriber hence the reason she has to send off for Botox. If I had known I wouldn't have gone there but its a good place and I have been having treatments there for a few years.

Yonihadtoask Sun 21-Apr-13 15:16:20

Did my third peel this weekend.

All looking pretty good. Even dislodged a nice blocked pore which has been loitering for months.

oopsadaisymaisy Sun 21-Apr-13 19:38:10

That sounds sooo satisfying smile I've got a giant and I mean giant bruise on my face. I'm getting back on the peel tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now