So, the Mumsnet Haircut - can you lose length with it?

(6 Posts)
SundaySimmons Tue 14-May-13 08:18:17

creaclip.co.uk/

You can get buy cheaper versions on ebay.

The crea clip is brilliant. Lots of tutorials on youtube and on their website. You cannot go wrong.

decaffwithcream Mon 13-May-13 21:14:18
knitknack Thu 18-Apr-13 06:32:04

I cut my own hair, although I don't do layers (I sed to do the pony tail cut in the past, it's brilliant but I fancied a change so I grew the layers out). I use a really similar technique to the one in this video fr the back length, then I shape around the front. I think ths video is quite useful if you are layering too actually! I always 'point cut'.

Am on iPad so can't do proper link sorry!!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQrgRn_dsw4&feature=fvwrel

I was the one who Cadfael-ed myself grin

I find it really difficult to get rid of the length at the back and so my mum cuts it. I love my MN haircut otherwise. If there was a way to trim the back too I'd be laughing.

Cherriesarelovely Wed 17-Apr-13 23:47:10

Please give details of the MN haircut! Very much enjoyed the references to Cadfeal! If my hairdresser does my bob a bit too short I call it my "Oliver Cromwell look"!

scarletsalt Wed 17-Apr-13 21:39:53

I usually get my hair cut at a well know chain salon, and my hairdresser is lovely, but I am tired of forking out 40 quid for the smallest of trims, plus having to go in every month for a fringe trim.

So today, along with trimming my own fringe (eeeeek!), I did the Mumsnet haircut and it was great - so easy! However, I realised that unless I was to cut quite a bit off, I would not be cutting anything off the back would I? I only cut a tiny bit off, as I had seen references on here to Cadfael, so was extra cautious grin

Some people on here have talked about doing a ponytail at the nape of the neck and cutting, to trim a bit off the back - but would this not mean that your hair goes up in the middle at the back? I just want a tiny trim to get rid of split ends.

Any help would be appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now