The CrepeVine

(996 Posts)
MrsSchadenfreude Sat 13-Apr-13 14:03:00

grin

How did we finish the other thread so fast...? Less than a month.

rubyrubyruby Mon 22-Apr-13 10:51:01

Good - I love mine. Bit dark for a few days but then they do last longer.
I keep on top of plucking and dye myself in between and they last a few months.

Mud slinging at a numpty - could be a troll actually.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 13:11:06

Just googling HD brows - is it a special waxing/plucking and dyeing? I feel very strange when those make-up women use eyeshadow to darken my brows, but maybe I should get more used to it!

rubyrubyruby Mon 22-Apr-13 13:37:36

She dyes, waxes, plucks and threads mine. The whole shebang!

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 13:39:03

And how long does it last?

And while we are on the subject, does anyone have thier eyelashes dyed? I think I had it done one summer, but so long ago, i can barely remember!

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 13:39:50

I might get mine done <jumps on bandwagon>

Just texted MrsS saying we're all thinking of her.

I have just realised where tomorrow's interview at Lords is - ie not at the house of lords, and not at the Oval. Good thing I'm not interviewing him about cricket, innit <durr-urrr>

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 13:51:37

Ha Ha MI. Why am I not surprised at your confusion?grin

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 14:08:15

ONE day I am going to do something competent, BTM, one day, just you wait, and then you'll be sorry.

grin

beachyhead Mon 22-Apr-13 14:21:46

Thanks for reminding me of my very fair and straggly eyebrows... Just come back from Blink, sporting a pair of Dennis Healy's grinthey are very dark! Medium brown, my arse!

I did have my eyelashes dyed in my yoof, but after a couple of occasions when the due got in my eye, reverted to mascara...

I can recommend the Benefit Browzings, a sort of wax, which looks very natural... Certainly won't be needing mine for a while...

beachyhead Mon 22-Apr-13 14:22:19

Dye in my eye, dye!!

Stropperella Mon 22-Apr-13 14:23:08

I have my lashes and brows dyed and have done for years and years. I sometimes do it myself when I have a quiet half hour and can be arsed, but otherwise it is the only treatment I regularly have done. I'm naturally v. fair and I now also have a very obvious WHITE hair in one of my eyebrows. Outrageous. Also, mascara has never ever worked for me because of little piggy deep-set eyes. It always creeps about all over my face. Not a good look. I go for dark brown dye rather than black and a slightly lighter mouse for the eyebrows - which are otherwise blonde. And white. Grrr.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 14:47:49

Stropps, how long does the dyeing last? Mascara is fine usually, but it would be so much easier on holiday when I'm in and out of the pool.

Would HD be worth it on my brows - they would still have to be really light brown...

Stropperella Mon 22-Apr-13 15:08:38

I find it lasts a good month to 6 weeks if done professionally, more like 3-4 weeks if I do it myself (mainly because they leave the dye on longer in the salon).

I have had some hilarious Scouse brow/ caterpillar jobs, but try to keep it a bit more natural these days.

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:22:13

35% off all these dresses today... enter DRESSES35 at checkout... I may have bought something....
MI what about this for your celebrations??
wow!

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:22:44

35% off all these dresses today... enter DRESSES35 at checkout... I may have bought something....
MI what about this for your celebrations??
wow!

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:23:19

oops. <over enthusiastic>

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 15:29:55

Which one might you have bought QQ?

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 15:34:29

Oooh, I shall Peruse! Am also going to try that fab red one on at the weekend.

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:39:31

I might have bought this... not hugely exciting but hopefully rather useful. I like plain basic things that you can dress up or down. Sorry, realise I am sounding like a bad style feature in Women's Own (is that still around??).

QueenQueenie Mon 22-Apr-13 15:40:16

would help if i posted link...
plain but nice

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 15:41:51

Oooh, I like that!

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 15:41:55

Ooh yes. I always worry - with considerable basis in reality - that I would look as if I were wearing my mum's dress if I wore a maxi. Well, not my mum, obviously, as she is slender and Indian whereas I am a great big white heifer, but you know what I mean.

bigTillyMint Mon 22-Apr-13 15:43:45

Bet it will look fab with your lovely jewellry!

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 15:47:41

Yes, it will envy

addle Mon 22-Apr-13 15:53:15

lovely dresses! thank you to btm and mi for a v enjoyable intro to crepeys. there were actually some great dresses in hh oxfam the same day but i imagine for a special occasion you might give charity shops a miss? wilbur - i'm over brixton way.x

motherinferior Mon 22-Apr-13 16:00:34

Oh no, I bloody love charity shops! Which Oxfam???? What sort of dresses? Spill!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now