Is this jumper mumsy?

(37 Posts)
Snowgirl1 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:40:42

I quite like this jumper and might buy it as my birthday present - but will I look like a Boden mum? I'm trying to move away from looking like a Boden mum and trying to look at bit more on-trend. What could I wear it with that would ensure it didn't look mumsy?

noddyholder Fri 12-Apr-13 09:04:13

You would need to be tiny for it to look good. High st full of cheap bright things ATM so seems very overpriced.

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Fri 12-Apr-13 09:48:24

Oh goodness... look, I quite like Boden. But if I had £135 to spend, it so wouldn't be on that jumper.

If you're looking for Breton stripes, go for jersey and maybe different colours. There's no need to spend £135 on that sort of top. No need at all. There are loads of different establishments that do great (much better, even) lines in tops like that, and you don't need to spend anything like that sort of money. And if you're worried about being chilly, then later with a vest and/or a T.

Gosh, £135 could be much better spent.... sorry OP!

Yonihadtoask Fri 12-Apr-13 09:53:42

agree with above posters. It is a nice jumper, and would look good with skinnies, it's a very 'now' style.

However, I would not pay £135 for it. If it were a more classic style, then perhaps.

If you want something like that style I hae seen similar in Gap.

I also think that that style would look good only on slim women. Any bustiness would definitely make it look 'mumsy'.

SavoyCabbage Fri 12-Apr-13 09:55:36

No, no no. It's not good. And I live in Australia where there is no fashion.

FacebookWanker Fri 12-Apr-13 09:57:28

I used to love Boden, but haven't bought anything from there for a while...I'm not keen on that jumper. It might look nicer in RL, but I don't think the photos do it justice.

DonDrapersAltrEgoBigglesDraper Fri 12-Apr-13 09:57:33

No fashion in Austalia...? hmm

SavoyCabbage Fri 12-Apr-13 10:00:16

Not where I am. Unless you count track suit 'pants'.

Chubfuddler Fri 12-Apr-13 10:02:39

That model looks like Brigid Bardot. This is in spite of that rather nasty jumper not because of it. Don't buy it.

Limoncellolovely Fri 12-Apr-13 10:08:08

I quite like it would not have guessed it was Boden !!!! Not Mumsy in the least unless you team it with ill fitting ankle flapping bootcuts. grin If you like it buy it !! There is usually a fair few codes for Boden floating about so I'm sure you probably wouldn't have to pay the full £135. When you are spending that amount of money on knitwear I think you need to see it in the flesh you can't judge the feel and quality from a photograph so it may be worth ordering just see what it is like, you can always send it back. I think the lady from 'Style Guile' yes I know that would be reason enough for some people not to buy it bought it and I think she put it with a pair of bright skinny jeans and it looked really good.

As if proof were needed that Boden are seriously losing their way, SPOTTED SKINNY JEANS!!!!!!

OMG, things are bad at Boden!

DewDr0p Fri 12-Apr-13 12:20:24

I agree OP, if you have that amount of money to spend then perhaps that jumper isn't the way to go. I'd look at John Smedley.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now