Uniqlo Ultra Stretch jeans....

(32 Posts)
Ogooglebar Thu 11-Apr-13 16:11:52

Has anyone tried them, or any other Uniqlo jeans? Any good? I haven't bought jeans for ages but an email about these ones just appeared in my inbox and is tempting me.

JazzDalek Sat 20-Apr-13 16:05:40

Bought a pair of these based on this thread, and absolutely love them. They are so comfortable. I always struggle with skinny jeans, as I love the look but can't bear clothes that are too tight and restricting. These are a lovely snug fit but comfortable with it, no restrictiveness at all, from waist right down to ankle.

Size-wise, I am a large 10 / 12 and went for 27 (I would normally buy a 29 or 30 in jeans). Great fit, I could probably squeeze into 26, even, but might feel a bit like a sausage grin

maybemyrtle Thu 18-Apr-13 09:03:23

Just to add that I went in yesterday and the navy wasn't as nice as I'd hoped. I think the faded washes are better in this fabric somehow.

Mette7 Wed 17-Apr-13 20:13:26

Mine haven't grown at all so if they fit well now I wouldn't worry about it. They are super stretchy after all so maybe they're not ' growers' like other uniqlo jeans. I just got one inch down from my usual size.

dexter73 Wed 17-Apr-13 18:08:38

They don't seem to grow when I am wearing them so you should be ok. I love them being 33 inch length as usually skinnies are a bit short for me!

Sh1ney Wed 17-Apr-13 17:55:17

Ordered some of these on the strength of this thread and they arrived today. I am a size 8-10 < probably more a 10 right now > and I went for the 27 inch. They feel nice and look great but I should have maybe just gone down an inch if they're going to expand. And why are they so long? 33 inches! I managed to jig them about a bit but I'm a touch under 5 ft 4 and usually buy 30 inch length.

Can anyone recommend any high-rise Uniqlo jeans? I love all my dresses and tops from Uniqlo, and would love to try some jeans, but I have a long torso and need a high waist.

Spottyegg Mon 15-Apr-13 15:18:50

I tried these one - to note the black seemed a tighter than the grey or denim (stiffer material). I am usually a 27 (or 26 on a thin day) and I could fit into the 23, although if I were to buy a pair I would buy the 24 - they were still not as tight as they could have been around the waist. I have no hips though and am very straight up and down. But definitely size down a lot! I think I prefer a higher rise as these felt as if they could loosen out round the waist and then slip down.

Ogooglebar Sun 14-Apr-13 13:47:13

Topshop sizes are just standard aren't they? I'm an 8 in Topshop, a 26 in their jeans, so I reckon a 23 in Uniqo would be ok for you (could be a bit big but they don't go any smaller!) They have a size chart but I think it gives the measurements of the jeans laid flat rather than waist/hip measurements, so you could measure your Topshop jeans and compare it to that.

PinkMangoSays Sun 14-Apr-13 13:39:43

Does anyone know how they compare to topshop sizes? I'm a 24 in topshop but I've had a look on their website and they don't have measurements so i'm unsure how to compare :S

If it's any help I don't fit Gap sizes as the 24 waists are just a little bit too loose and tend to fall off a bit

Would 23 in Uniqlo be ok?

Ogooglebar Sat 13-Apr-13 22:07:13

I got the lightest blue ones maybe, these ones. They're really soft and comfy. They haven't gone baggy at all yet so I'm thinking I'll keep these ones, which are one size smaller than I'd usually get. Let me know if the navy ones are like proper indigo jeans cos I might get some too smile

50 they're called middle rise - they're definitely not low, no danger of builders bum. They might be a bit too soft and stretchy to hold anything in though!

How are these on the rise? Are they low or high? I'm looking for skinny jeans that hold in my muffin fat.

maybemyrtle Sat 13-Apr-13 20:41:22

Great! Glad you like them. Which colour did you get? I'm thinking of getting the "navy" ones, I wonder if they're a good true indigo.

KristinaM Sat 13-Apr-13 19:49:29

Good news! Thanks for coming back to update us smile

Ogooglebar Sat 13-Apr-13 17:08:16

They arrived today and are absolutely gorgeous! They look really nice on the bum, which is unusual for stretch jeans. But I think I might have to go another size down if they're going to grow. I'm sitting around in them this afternoon to see if they go baggy smile

Ogooglebar Thu 11-Apr-13 23:10:18

Thanks all, I ordered them before I read this, probably should have sized down more than I did but we'll see. I hate it when jeans grow a size after first wear, had some £70 levis that did that angry

YouCanCallMeBetty Thu 11-Apr-13 22:30:23

ps I'm usually a 10-12 and I get 26 in Uniqlo - they are generous IMO

YouCanCallMeBetty Thu 11-Apr-13 22:28:55

They do do Collect Plus free returns. I love their Super Skinny Tapered jeans - think the denim's a bit thicker than the Ultra Stretch

KristinaM Thu 11-Apr-13 22:17:48

I have other uniqlo jeans but not ultra stretch.

I am the same size in uniqlo as I am in gap.this bears no resemblance to their size guide , which indicates I should buy a couple of sizes bigger

dexter73 Thu 11-Apr-13 22:09:59

I have 2 pairs and think they are great. Definitely buy them tight.

kikidee Thu 11-Apr-13 21:57:59

They don't do free returns, macandcheese, which is a pain.

SundaeGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 21:43:11

I find Uniqlo far too stretchy, they are inexpensive though for how nice they can look. Size right down and make sure they feel tight cos they'll expand in the first hour you wear them.

PetiteMum Thu 11-Apr-13 21:43:00

I have a pair and they are great! V stretchy so don't sag or fall down

macandcheesewithbaconbits Thu 11-Apr-13 21:39:42

Was also looking at these. But was put off cos it looked like they don't do free returns. Anyone know?

coreny Thu 11-Apr-13 16:30:30

ok thanks smile

I like uniqlo stuff - I get ds1 t-shirts from there and he wants some new ones anyway...<gets out bank card >

maybemyrtle Thu 11-Apr-13 16:28:45

If you go the webpage they have garment measurements so you can check which size would be best for you - they are stretchy though! I'm a 10ish and usually 28-29 waist, and a 27 works best for me in the ultra stretch ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now