Urgent help needed - I've aged!

(158 Posts)
chocolateshoes Thu 11-Apr-13 15:39:00

I really don't know what has happened but all of a sudden my face has aged. I've got lines everywhere, crazy eyebrows and a bit of a tache. My skin looks red and dry. Have just rung local beauticians for eyebrow wax but there's no answer - so hopeful I'll get booked in soon. What else can I do? Can anyone recommend a good moisturiser that won't break the bank? Any other tips? Have got to stop the rot!!!

ToffeeWhirl Sun 28-Apr-13 12:08:12

Marking my place.

I bought the Aldi Lacura SPF30 yesterday. I put it on this morning and it's lovely, non-greasy, good stuff.

kittysaysmiaow Sat 27-Apr-13 19:54:29

Thanks Eliza, sadly we don't have a Savers nearby (I checked!) so I've ordered online.

Eliza22 Sat 27-Apr-13 15:25:56

Kittysaysmeow if you have a Savers shop nearby, ours had them in at£6.99. Limited stock so they're obviously discontinued products. Don't know why, it's good stuff!

cornyderpy Sat 27-Apr-13 14:18:11

I've started taking the supplements I put into ds1 every day and they have made a massive difference to my energy levels and amazingly they seemed to have improved my sleep.

So I've taking 2 osteocare tablets, 2 high quality fish oil and a multivit and iron. I'm just waiting for my skin to rejuvenate now!

kittysaysmiaow Sat 27-Apr-13 14:14:00

Thank you, I've found it and ordered smile baaaaa!

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 27-Apr-13 13:59:57

There are a couple on ebay, first one you get to is an under eye roller thingy. <think I need one of them too> the second is what Eliza recommended. The one at £4.99.

kittysaysmiaow Sat 27-Apr-13 13:49:36

NotTreading where did you buy the Roc roller thingy from, struggling to find it online

Eliza22 Sat 27-Apr-13 11:21:10

Yes, the " how much to squeeze" thing. Well, I look at my face and when I think I've put as much on as I would any cream, that's enough. smile

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 27-Apr-13 10:58:59

How much do you squeeze into the thingy? That's my only quibble, I am squeezing until I have about half a cm on each side?

Am ordering them up from ebay like a madster as am guessing they aren't making them anymore! grin <<<lifted face

Eliza22 Sat 27-Apr-13 10:56:43

You're welcome NotTreadingGrapes

I continue to "roll" and my 50 yr old cheeks are taking on a Lazarus role....truly risen!

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 27-Apr-13 09:42:27

I am now one week in to Eliza's Roc rolley thingy. I do like it, my skin is definitely more "glowy". (poss combo of Roc thingy, cleanse and polishing properly, the hyaluronic acid serum and putting my make up on properly instead of aiming it in general direction of face!)

It's the sleep for me definitely Leoandboosmum. I had a difficult pregnancy last year, I hardly slept at all from three months, then I had a second CS and to boot, DS2 not the best sleeper. I need sleep in a bottle. I do look better with the BB cream and make-up, but not as good as before the lack of sleep.

I got the normal BB piratecat.

I have just ordered the caffeine eye roller thing and am trying Anne French cleanser, which everybody seems to love on (baaaaa!) Amazon. I have to accept it's beauty on a budget for me at the mo and stop looking at my fav Dermalogica stuff.

LeoandBoosmum Sun 21-Apr-13 00:28:06

Get some high quality fish oil! Eat avocados and unsalted nuts, especially walnuts and brazils (don't overdo though as fattening). Ramp up your veg and fruit intake, especially green veggies. Drink lots of water. Try Jurlique moisture replenishing cream (amazing for dry skin). If you ring the number at jurlique.co.uk and ask for a sample they'll probably send one or two sachets for you to try. A little goes a long way! Get regular exercise and fresh air. Try to get an extra hour or two in bed smile

Olifer Sat 20-Apr-13 20:23:57

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

piratecat Sat 20-Apr-13 19:51:54

LittleAbruzzenBear,

glad it's worked for you, did you get the one for sensitive skin or the normal one?

I have the normal but dark. i love it (dry skin here) it hydrates.

cornydash Sat 20-Apr-13 12:46:18

that body shop vit E stuff has rave reviews on their website. I always fancied trying it out - may give it a go.

Eliza22 Sat 20-Apr-13 11:53:20

The Roc rollerball thingy "works" I think, by really massaging the cream/serum in, in a way "just fingers" don't. It clearly wasn't a big seller for rRoc, as it can be gotten quite cheaply and isn't on their website, as a "now" product. Whatever, I like it and definitely feel "plumped"!

However, DH returned from Germany last night after being away all week and we had a few little drinkies..... I look like hell this morning. (Reaches for the Roc/Clarins/and blush!)

Thank you! grin

Yes, baaaaa indeed! I now have a beauty wish-list on Amazon.....

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 20-Apr-13 08:49:57

grin I'm sure you have a pleasant smell too Abruzzen!

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 20-Apr-13 08:49:23

Baaa <runs (clops? whatever sheep do) to Amazon.

I like the Roc roller ball as well. Started it this morning, was surprised to find a gel/serum coming out, as I expected a cream lol, but it feels nice and I can see how the lift thing will work hopefully. I remember having a similar Clarins cream yeeeeears ago, but you had to do exercises with it. Feck that!

*the cream has a pleasant smell and glides on, not me!

My goodness, wasn't expecting to feedback this morning, but the BB cream is fab! I look fresh-faced and smooth. Pleasant smell and glides on. I bought it on Amazon for £6.66, it's the Garnier one and it's 'light'. I thought it may be too light for me, but it isn't at all.

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 20-Apr-13 06:20:46

My neck is fine too actually, apart from the odd lady-hair that dp helpfully likes to point out. hmm I have always slathered Astral on there though.

NotTreadingGrapes Sat 20-Apr-13 06:19:38

That's me too. My body is fine. Small pert arse, no hips whatsoever (am clearly really a man grin) But the lines from my nose to my lips are like the Mariana trench.

But hey, that roller ball thingy promises to lift those up as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now