If I bought these shoes, what could I wear with them? (party)

(11 Posts)
slug Fri 12-Apr-13 14:49:01

Yes, I have a couple of them. They are poly cotton and quite thin.
I wear them to work in the summer, though the petticoats are new I hadn't spotted them online before <<checks bank account>>

I'm an 18-20 and they look great on. I always get compliments.

Stillcluelessat40 Fri 12-Apr-13 14:42:24

Have you bought one from that company Slug?
Obviously nicer to get a real vintage dress, but I despair of ever getting one to fit.
Pleased no-one has slagged off my shoes, I have seen a thread saying Irregular Choice were awful before! (and not expensive enough apparently hmm )

slug Fri 12-Apr-13 12:23:32

Gales. The dresses are nice but the price reflects the quality. Having said that I love them precisely because they are cheap and cheerful.

Stillcluelessat40 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:18:39

I haven't bought any Gales, it just came up when I followed Slug's advice. Think I will get one at some point though. They are careful to say the photos are with a net under the skirt - they sell them too I think.

Gales Fri 12-Apr-13 11:58:13

Wow, I love that dress site, beautiful dresses and great prices. What's the quality and fit like?

Shoes are lovely too, but I'm not going to try and help - I'm here because I need help and a not at all qualified to comment grin

Stillcluelessat40 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:48:18

That sounds lovely London, am picturing a more willowing women in it though sad (did I mention pudgy?!)
Have ordered the shoes and will try them on with various shapes of things before deciding what to buy. Hopefully I'll get invited to more events, to let me justify buying dresses!
Thanks guys for your responses.

LondonInHighHeeledBoots Thu 11-Apr-13 16:00:51

I think blue cigarette pants (I think they are called - the tightly tailored ones that stop just above your ankles), a vest top in maybe a green to pick out the green in the shoes and a blazer, in either blue or white. Assuming you mean the blue one on the link. And a polka dot scarf.

slug Thu 11-Apr-13 15:25:27

Yes!! (wistfully checks bank balance for both shoes and dress)

Stillcluelessat40 Thu 11-Apr-13 15:01:21

this type of thing?
It looks lovely, but I think I am too pudgy for it sad Also might be overdressed? Torn.

slug Thu 11-Apr-13 14:27:39

I'd be wearing those with a 50's swing dress myself.

Stillcluelessat40 Thu 11-Apr-13 14:04:46

Hello,
really want to buy these shoes by Irregular Choice
but what would look good with them for a function I have coming up? (Dress code smart casual, though I bet the women will be smart and the men casual).
I feel comfortable in some wide leg or bootleg trousers, but will they hide the shoes too much? And what colour?
And the essential 'naice' top?
Going mad here, hope someone can help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now