what can I do about my acne?

(8 Posts)
PebblePots Thu 11-Apr-13 07:41:53

Just to add to my post, that should be rose hip oil.

Good luck op!

needacoffee Thu 11-Apr-13 05:30:48

My DH had this problem for many years, he is now in his forties. His Doctor prescribed antibiotics, mild dose, one a day which he took for several years. Within a couple of months his acne had cleared up. It stayed away for a several years but eventually he had to go on roaccutane with great results. Maybe worth a chat with the Doctor.

Madratlady Thu 11-Apr-13 04:37:44

I will try the benzyl peroxide and the BHA stuff ExRatty suggested.

I don't want expensive products or a complicated regime if I can help it.

Is my skin likely to settle by itself eventually? I've been off the pill for nearly 4 months.

PebblePots Thu 11-Apr-13 04:33:43

I had the same problem!

After years if nothing working apart from being on the pill, I have found a great product - Elemis tri enzyme facial wash then rose oil, yes oil, as a moisturiser.

The only thing that worked for me was roaccutane but if you are TTC then you won't be allowed to take that.

StupidFlanders Thu 11-Apr-13 03:58:16

Depends on how bad they are. Over the counter benzoyl peroxide is as effective as mild medication but if they're annoying you don't mess around and go straight to a dermatologist. If you're older than 30 it may be rosacea which can look like acne.

ExRatty Thu 11-Apr-13 02:53:33

use olay sensitive face cloths..they are dry and you wet them, gently wash your face, rinse in warm water and pat dry

then use a BHA to ensure that all of your cells are dealing with oil properly. I think this is quite simply the best product on the market

then if you have bad acne I would suggest some benzoyl peroxide to disinfect the actual spot or spots.
then leave and see how you get on. Nothing else and you should have a decent result

Madratlady Thu 11-Apr-13 02:22:45

I suffered from acne in my teens and since stopping the pill 4 months ago to ttc it's come back.

Is there anything I can get to make it go away? I don't wear make up to work (night shifts so I can't be bothered) but I worry about how bad my skin looks.

At the moment I use simple facial scrub and simple moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now