Fillers/Botox/Peels/Treatments for my wedding!

(21 Posts)
HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 08:49:55

Ok, I get married on 3rd August and inspired by the other similar thread, please throw suggestions at me for what I can have done to ensure I look beautiful and young(ish) in my photos! Just turned 40 and feel old and saggy faced sad

TIA grin

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 10:56:55

Anyone?? sad

Can't advise on the fillers/botox for a pre-wedding plan, but drinking shitloads of water will definitely not hurt. Also figuring out what make-up (foundation) will make you look REALLY glowy. (I'm still trying to figure this out and my wedding is only a month or so away...)

Get a facial about 2 weeks before, and try to get as much sleep as you can!

handcream Wed 10-Apr-13 11:39:11

Where do you live. If you live near London Dr Mountford for botox. Do it at least 1 month before wedding.

Lancome foundations are great. Most important is coverage and colour. Bobby Brown as well.. I would avoid double wear/long lasting types, perhaps, do it at the beginning of the day and then redo later on.

SorrelForbes Wed 10-Apr-13 11:49:09

Before my wedding (age 41), I had three sessions of Microdermabrasion and it really made a difference to my skin. It looked so much clearer and glowy.

I also had some botox in my 11s and a little bit of filler in the nasolabial folds. No one noticed but loads of people said how well I looked.

I am very lucky and very few wrinkes (no-so stealth boast, sorry).

I used a Lancome Teint Miracle foundation but these days and I'm using the No7 Lift and Luminate as it's a better colour match for me.

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 12:28:35

Thanks all grin - I had Botox years ago but felt it maybe made the eye wrinkles below my eyes worse as it froz the side of them. But I am considering it for the 'elevenses' (is that the line between the eyes?).

I think I'm ok for makeup - had a trial and the foundation was lovely.

Microdermabrasion sounds great. Is Caci microdermabrasion? Was thinking about that.

I'm in Edinburgh.

roughtyping Wed 10-Apr-13 12:33:40

I don't have any suggestions but I'm getting married on 3rd August too! Also in Scotland grin

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 10-Apr-13 12:34:32

Hi, used to work in the aesthetics industry -

Was just going to recommend microdermabrasion if your skin's actually pretty good but you just want a 'freshen up'. They basically blast your skin with tiny crystals to scurf off any dead cells which can make you look dull.

If your skin lacks plumpness or you have old acne scars etc, dermaroller is great - but a bit more of a serious treatment than microdermabrasion and you'd want a fair bit of 'down time' after

Or a superficial skin peel like Obagi Blue (always get done in clinic, never try at home!) can produce really nice results too...

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 12:35:42

Not in Fife rough ? grin

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 12:38:13

Ooh thanks boy Is it salons who do Microdermabrasion? (And is Caci that?). And the dermaroller - I have 4 months, is that enough recovery?

My skin is ok just feel my face is looking a bit saggy. Can dermaroller help with that?

roughtyping Wed 10-Apr-13 12:38:15

Not in Fife, just into Inverclyde smile

Think I might get a facial before wedding now actually. No microdermabrasion or anything as my skin is red enough already..

HappyGirlNow Wed 10-Apr-13 12:41:12

Ah rough - well I hope you have a fantastic day grin

EasterHoliday Wed 10-Apr-13 12:42:22

blimey from this and the other botox thread this morning, I'm thinking that Tracy Mountford's practice secretaries are registered here under a multitude of names. She just can't have this many punters on mn at one time

BoyMeetsWorld Wed 10-Apr-13 13:00:34

Hi Happy -

Tbh I'm not overly familiar with Caci but I believe it's a laser therapy? (Don't hold me to that!) so that would be quite different to microdermabrasion which is more like a deeper exfoliation.

Personally id always recommend going to a clinic for any skin treatments (beyond standard massage etc.) but particularly if it's something like dermaroller.

Dermaroller is usually done in a course of about 3 treatments & you may be hard pushed for that (I think there's meant to be 6 weeks inbetween) but you could maybe do 2 which could be plenty if your skin's pretty good - it would certainly help with tightening.

Lol re: dr mountford - we could give the benefit of the doubt that lots of people are fans. But many practitioners do have people writing on forums etc - that's why I'm purposely not mentioning any places to go, not that I work in the industry any more.

There are some good Watchdog / comparison and review sites out there if you want to find somewhere good.

HappyGirlNow Fri 12-Apr-13 09:35:02

Thanks all grin
Thanks boy - there are dermarollers on Amazon - can you do it yourself?

HappyGirlNow Fri 12-Apr-13 13:02:09

Anyone know the answer pls?

BoyMeetsWorld Fri 12-Apr-13 13:12:47

Eeek Happy - please avoid the home-buy dermarollers!!

Dermaroller is quite an intense treatment: it avoids surgical needling with lots of teeny tiny needles to stimulate collagen (which re-plumps your skin and makes it look smoother / more youthful). But that makes it c much like buying needles yourself online then attempting to administer - you just wouldn't! Ive heard horror stories where people bought dermarollers that turned out to have the wrong length / material / angle for the needles and they've done serious serious damage to their faces.

After you go to a clinic there IS a 'home pack' you can buy - but it's got much shorter, flatter needles & you'll be taught how to use it. It's basically just for follow up & it's purpose is to help serum / moisturiser penetrate the skin more, not to perform the same type of needling you'd get in-clinic.

Always look for the term "Genuine Dermaroller" (even in clinics and Salons) - or you could be getting anything!

HappyGirlNow Fri 12-Apr-13 13:36:42

Brilliant, thanks boy smile

Mendi Fri 12-Apr-13 13:40:38

Just to say I know someone currently undergoing a course of dermaroller treatments and there is no way you want to try this yourself. It is quite hardcore and her face is bright red and puffed up for a day afterwards.

Please only see a recommended dermatologist for any invasive procedure.

BoyMeetsWorld Fri 12-Apr-13 13:52:49

Whoops obv I meant involves not avoids in my previous post. But yep, Mendi is totally right too - I've seen some gorgeous results from Dermaroller but in the short term (for the rest of that day so you'd want the afternoon off) you do look puffy & rather like you've got bad sunburn. It recovers v v quickly though...

HappyGirlNow Fri 12-Apr-13 15:06:44

Thank you - I've booked a consultation at a clinic for next week - should be able to get 2 treatments before my wedding and hopefully that'll make a difference.. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now