I need foundation

(40 Posts)
WipsGlitter Tue 09-Apr-13 20:11:01

My low maintenance powder only approach isn't working anymore. I think I need to use a foundation. But I hate anything that feels thick, or wet or oily on my skin. I need a light coverage and have pale skin.

Any recommendations?

suebfg Tue 09-Apr-13 20:12:59

I like Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation - it was recommended in one of Lisa Elridge's make up videos. It is lightweight and I think it's on 3 for 2 in Boots at the mo.

cornygrigio Tue 09-Apr-13 20:13:35

chanel vitalumiere

Bunbaker Tue 09-Apr-13 20:15:27

I used to hate foundation for the reasons you give, and then I discovered Boots no 7 Intelligent Colour foundation. It is simply wonderful and even lighter than the tinted moisturiser I used to use. For me it is the best beauty product I have ever used.

chunkymonkeybaby Tue 09-Apr-13 20:16:19

I really like Bare Minerals, it doesn't feel heavy at all and you can adjust the coverage.

aftereight Tue 09-Apr-13 20:17:28

Clarins skin illusion. I have pale skin too, and use shade 105.

ivanapoo Tue 09-Apr-13 20:18:16

Yes given what you say I would think mineral powder foundation would suit you.

Have you tried a BB cream? Might be a good entry into the foundation type product world

3littlefrogs Tue 09-Apr-13 20:25:32

I have struggled for years to find a light foundation that doesn't have a yellow base. I used to use Artistry but then they changed the shades, and it has taken me about 10 yrs to finally find a good substitute. I really like Boots No 7, in cool vanilla. It stays on all day and looks natural.

WipsGlitter Tue 09-Apr-13 20:25:36

What exactly is bb cream??

MintyyAeroEgg Tue 09-Apr-13 20:27:31

Don't bother with bb cream, trust me.

You need a light coverage light colour foundation.

Bb cream is all smoke and mirrors.

HappyAsEyeAm Tue 09-Apr-13 20:56:28

I like light coverage and have pale, dry skin. I like estee lauder - th the lightest weight one they do, chanel aqua lumiere and ysl touche eclat foundation.

TallulahBetty Tue 09-Apr-13 20:59:58

I HATE foundation, and don't need it, luckily. BB Cream is fab for days when i need a bit more coverage. I recommend Myabelline.

JamEyelid Tue 09-Apr-13 21:26:17

I'm loving NARS sheer glow at the moment.

williaminajetfighter Tue 09-Apr-13 22:05:25

Liz Earle makes an amazing light creamy foundation that gives coverage but also a healthy glow. It's card Sheer Skin Tint. Promise you it's amazing and I've tried a lot.

Am 43 and hate the caked on look and find this really works.

WipsGlitter Tue 09-Apr-13 22:06:00

Fab suggestions. Thanks. Off to google.

SchnitzelVonKrumm Tue 09-Apr-13 22:16:19

By Terry, the sheer one

WipsGlitter Tue 09-Apr-13 22:24:51

Interesting, I use the by terry concealer.

ZacharyQuack Tue 09-Apr-13 22:29:40

I love NARS Sheer Glow or Clinique Moisturesheer. Lisa Eldridge has a new series of videos on her website talking about how to chose foundation, and recommending the best ones based on skin type and tone.

MikeLitoris Tue 09-Apr-13 22:33:48

Ive just got the benefit oxygen wow one and I have to say it is very good.

I thought it was going to be too light for me but it is just right.

I need good coverage but nothing to heavy as I have bad skin and hate it feeling clogged in make up.

I do sometimes use the rimmel wake me up and that is brill too.

JumpHerWho Tue 09-Apr-13 22:43:13

Benefit Oxygen Wow or YSL Touché Eclat. Important to know if you want pink or yellow tones - I think yellow is much more flattering for most.

JumpHerWho Tue 09-Apr-13 22:43:52

Oh or Bourjois Healthy Mix serum is very light and lovely.

EllenParsons Tue 09-Apr-13 23:48:05

NARS sheer glow!

TheonlyWayisGerard Tue 09-Apr-13 23:53:25

I second the Rimmel wake me up stuff. It's fab. Doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation at all. Cheap too. I am deathly pale, and it goes light enough not to make me orange.

kingbeat23 Wed 10-Apr-13 00:41:54

Am going to jump on the bandwagon for this one!

Am skint-o but need a new foundation, have eye bags that you could carry your big shop home in and am finally facing the fact that I am, indeed getting older and any old bollocks doesn't quite cut it!

Anyone? (Tia op!)

doubleshotespresso Wed 10-Apr-13 00:43:30

Clinique city block might be a good option for you? Lightweight and with a good SPF..... And gives a great boost to the skin and evens out skintone well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now