MN Vogue Vol 8

(1000 Posts)
shopafrolic Tue 09-Apr-13 17:48:53

Racked up and ready for all who want to chat style and beauty once Vol 7 is full. Everyone welcome.

Decameron Thu 18-Apr-13 11:24:43

Foxy, I use those protector bags, I bought a few from Pure Collection, they often have 25% off.

Annianni Thu 18-Apr-13 13:23:55

I like the second bag Decam, both colours.
Have you got any other navy bags?
Or anything similar to the watermelon?

Decameron Thu 18-Apr-13 13:33:52

No I have a navy/watermelon bag shaped gap in my wardrobe! Other bags are tan, red and black. I'm tempted. Very tempted.

Thanks all, does anyone know how DVF sizing comes up? I would like to order from shopbop if I can as much cheaper but don't want to have to order a selection of sizes. I have a top in a US4 and its slightly roomy but I am smaller on top.

Decam I've just come back from the states and really liked the satchel you linked to it citrine/parchment, it's lovely, didn't see the other one though. I was tempted on a coach bag but bought this instead, adding to my mint fetish!!!

QueenCadbury Thu 18-Apr-13 13:44:53

Dec do it, I love both of them. I've never seen a coach irl but I really like them.

anni I'm deffo going to get the destructed jeans shortened too once the weather warms up. They're fine now with boots but will be too long with sandals. Like you I want them just above the ankle.

My oasisbag has just arrived and I love the colour but not quite sure it's big enough. Need to see whether I can fit nappies in it before I decide whether to keep. But it is leather and considering I got it for £30 it's a bargain (and obviously nicer than my 6 quid primark one).

This also slipped into my basket and although I love it online I'm just not sure it works irl. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to seeing me in patterns.

amber if it's as blustery in London as it is in Bristol you much be freezing bless you.

QueenCadbury Thu 18-Apr-13 13:45:40

Ooh sheep that's divine.

I think DVF sizing is slightly on the generous side, is there somewhere else you could try the dresses before ordering from the US though Sheep?

Love the Coach bag Decam. I like both colours <unhelpful>. Not so mad on the satchel.

Pretty cardigan Queen

Decameron Thu 18-Apr-13 13:55:01

Love the bags, Queen (and the cardigan too) and Sheep.

I find DVF on the generous side too.

Thanks, think I prefer second shape, the satchel is a bit fussy.

Annianni Thu 18-Apr-13 14:04:27

My 1st pair of grey Hudson's are here and they are going straight back on ebay.

They are low rise and very flared.
Was hoping they'd be like my beth's.

Nevermind...

Finger's crossed for the Goldsign and the skinny Hudson's now.

Annianni Thu 18-Apr-13 14:05:57

Not keen on the satchel either Decam
Are you still after the blue Prada?

If yes, get the watermelon... it'd be lovely for Summer.

Annianni Thu 18-Apr-13 14:07:08

Pretty bag Sheep.

Are you on pin?

Decameron Thu 18-Apr-13 14:17:50

Shame about the jeans, Anni, but hopefully you'll sell them for more than you bought them.

I am still keen on the blue Prada (if it turns up in Bicester, can't pay full whack!) so leaning towards the watermelon. Also, just remembered that a mother of a child in DD1's class has the blue/yellow bag. I don't want to turn up with it and be like a stalker!

shopafrolic Thu 18-Apr-13 15:07:51

Hi all - super busy trying to get company stuff set up so only waving.
Good outfit QueenC tell your DH I too am scruffy today! smile
Will look at links later if poss but may not be around for a while - can't keep work and fashion heads on it seems!
Shoulder still sore today but not as bad as yesterday.
Sheep and Sleep could get me very confused!! Welcome MrsSheep - gorgeous lace dress and loved the neon shoes being linked
I am in my yellow neon M&S tee today with grey Whistles quilted sweat, 7FAM boyfriendalikes and Hudsons.
Liberty I've PM'd you...

Evening all!
sheep I vote for the lace dress too and with ambers shoes....fab!! I love a bit of lace.
Amber I've braved the bare feet ( and I live up north!!) until today, when I reluctantly put opaques back on..sad freezing!
Annianni I love your outfit from today, it's really a look I wear a lot,a despite short legs I love ankle grazing turned up jeans.
QueenC thanks so much for the sunglasses link, I'm off to Whistles tomorrow to try them, will report back.

libertychick Thu 18-Apr-13 22:11:23

Shop I have just pm'd you.

Thanks for the comments on the lace dress, I have three delicious child free hours tomorrow morning so will see if I can find it to try on, fingers crossed it is available in Britains second city.

My gap order has arrived, too tired to try tonight but these look like keepers:

coral jeans
mint jeans

Also ordered some leopard print slipper style pumps but think they are too black so might be going back. Out of stock now so can't link. Got some lovely things for my girls, as always they seem to do better out of my internet shopping sprees than I do!!

Might also have to go hunting in all saints for this thanks to Wendy rose/blush biker the picture doesn't look great but it looks fab on Wendy cow and great with my favourite new colour mint smile

Had a great day today, got a great blog opportunity and it was my last day of work until the end of the month. White boots are arriving tomorrow too. Yippee!

libertychick Thu 18-Apr-13 22:58:07

Sounds great Amber! I really like both outfits on blog post today - that leather skirt is great.

Cos dress arrived and DH said 'oh that's curvy' with a shock and then wink face (I never wear figure hugging) and then DD (age 2) said 'Mammy wearing knickers' and DH pissed himself as the VPL was THAT bad... so it went straight back into the package for a return sad.

Oh well...will wait for a Me&Em sale for a new dress...

Oh no on the Cos dress Liberty I never seem to get anything from there, lots I like but never suits me.

Thanks for the Pinterest follows Liberty and Drywhite I'm addicted to it!

Keep looking at Wendy's lookbook tonight, oh my god to have her wardrobe, I neeeeeeed a Burberry trench www.wendyslookbook.com/2013/03/shades-of-beige-honey-trench-sequin-skirt/

Ooh lovely Amber I'd love to blog but don't think I've got the commitment or anything interesting to say, or show, it would be here is me in skinny jeans and a scarf x 365!!!

libertychick Thu 18-Apr-13 23:26:05

Sadly even if I had Wendy's wardrobe I would never look that good!
She's so fabulous looking and beautifully proportioned and never 'messy' - no frizz or smudged lippy!

MarshaBrady Thu 18-Apr-13 23:34:20

Love Wendy's outfit and that Burberry, so nice.

MarshaBrady Thu 18-Apr-13 23:36:37

Oh boo Liberty on Cos dress, although your dd does sound cute!

Hopefully Fri 19-Apr-13 06:46:33

grin Liberty - if your kids notice, it's officially bad VPL!

Got the email this morning telling us DS1 has a place at our first choice school. No surprise (in catchment area), but pleased as he is at preschool there and very happy.

I love Fridays - my only proper time with the boys as I am working so much at the minute. Hope the weather's good today.

This thread is not accepting new messages.