Ear piercing for 6 to 9 months old daughter

(231 Posts)
blueblackdye Mon 08-Apr-13 21:53:45

I'd like to have my daughter's ears pierced between 6 and 9 months of age. Could anyone recommend where to go in Cental London ?

nailak Fri 12-Apr-13 16:03:12

what do you count as old enough to have an opinion? 3? 16?

LineRunner Fri 12-Apr-13 16:22:01

Tanning booths and tattooing are 18+ decisions legally?

Piercing is a bit of anomaly if you put it in that context, in that it's any age with 'parental consent' (which really means parental wishes). Actually maybe it should be that the child clearly consents, too? My DD wasn't allowed to give her own consent to the HPV jab at 13, mind you.

Because I would have said about 12, tbh.

olgaga Sun 14-Apr-13 00:01:24

what do you count as old enough to have an opinion? 3? 16?

Well it sure as hell isn't 3 months!

LouLouH Sun 14-Apr-13 00:26:04

Not too sure why everyone is offering their opinion about whether to get her ears pierced. Many countries ie Spain have girls ears pierced straight away. Just please dont go anywhere like Claire's accessories.

Shaboa Wed 24-Jul-13 13:26:51

As I said in a similar thread. One of the reasons why people are fearful of piercing babies/girls because there is no safe place to do it in the UK. Piercing shops or jewellers are not safe places for children. As some people have already said, in other countries such as Spain and Italy they do it when the babies are one or two days old or if they are late, a few months old. Piercing is done in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse, safely and hygienically.

And to the ones talking about pain. LOL!!!! The reality is that the older you are the more painful it is! Babies ears are so tiny and thin that they don't feel anything. I had my ears pierced when I was a few days old and I thank my mother coz I would've been too scared to do it when I was older. And I LOVE my earrings!!!

ScumbagCollegeDropout Wed 24-Jul-13 13:38:00

Babies ears are so tiny and thin that they don't feel anything

Riiiiight hmm

Do you honestly believe that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now